“Very nice roast carvery” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Very nice roast carvery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2015 NEW

Visited The Bowd for lunch with my father. Promptly met and taken to our table and served by Beth who immediately attended to our drinks.
Good starter, first class carvery with crackling to die for followed by a really nice strawberry pavlova.
Many thanks to everyone at The Bowd and in particular Beth. Very friendly, helpful and prompt.

• Visited May 2015
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Sidmouth, United Kingdom
“Very Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2015 NEW via mobile

Having read the reviews here we were looking forward to our meal. Where to start, hmmnn. Welcome was OK seated quickly, but not friendly. Were told would be back right away with drinks orders, over 10 mins wait. Another 10 mins or so to take food orders. 4 had carvery I had hot pot. Half hour wait for mine. Told to come up for carvery, no one to servevefor 5 mins. also my hot Pot, to be served wth Carvery Veg wasn't ready. When mine came was still boiling from the Microwave. To hot to heat. And was tough as old boots, as were the veg andYorkshire's. To summarise, don't bother.

Peter T, Manager at Bowd Inn, responded to this review, 3 days ago
We are extremely sorry, and surprised that we didn't tick a single box for you on service or food which is incredible after reading our previous reviews. However we do take all feedback seriously, to be able to continue to please the vast majority of our customers which is our mission. It is difficult for us to identify your servers as there is no mention of male/female or date in your review, and we have not received any complaints for a long time (it is always helpful to know at the time if we have failed to please in any way giving us the opportunity to rectify the problem and send you away happy..we do care). Your comments are really disappointing to all of the team here at the Bowd, we strive to go the extra mile and make sure all our customers leave satisfied and happy.
There is no excuse for delaying your drinks order, or food orders so I personally apologise, as for the Carvery we cannot see how anyone would wait for 5 minutes, with 3 staff minimum on every shift who are all able to carve.
Our "Hot Pot" is slowly stewed diced chuck steak with carrots, onions, and swede, this process helps to break down the fibres of the beef, and retain all its flavour and juices. The beef itself is supplied by a local butcher ( Westcountry beef). Before serving, this will be portioned, then brought up to temperature in a pan, then finished in the oven. Never microwaved.
Our right to reply is important to us, as are our customers, please accept our apologies for you disappointment, and please contact me at tom@webbenterprises.co.uk , so I can rectify this matter, and gain your trust in us. I do hope after just 1 visit that you will "bother" to try again.
Aylesbury
“Good reasonably priced food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2015

Obviously very popular. Food was delicious especially the carvery. Play area for children outside and plenty of room to run about. Plenty of tables outside as well.

Peter T, Manager at Bowd Inn, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for your kind and thoughtful review. We are delighted that every thing was to your liking and that you and your family enjoyed the facilities. Thank you again and we look forward to your return.
Brecon, United Kingdom
“What a Difference”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2015

We last called at The Bowd Inn quite some time ago and were not impressed with the food or service. Having read some of the more recent reviews and the fact that it was under new ownership, we decided to try the Bowd Inn again. What a difference the new owners have made, from the moment we walked in we were made to feel welcome, the service was excellent and the food (chicken and Bacon Bagettee was very good and reasonably priced. The Bowd Inn is now back on our list of places to visit again

• Visited April 2015
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Yvonne M, Manager at Bowd Inn, responded to this review, 1 week ago
We are so pleased you noticed a big difference. As previously stated in many reviews your kind comments regarding our staff are so much appreciated, their continued professionalism is one of our great strengths. Thank you as well for your comments regarding our food we are delighted everything was to your liking. Please return again very soon.
Glossop, United Kingdom
“kitchen closing time”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2015 via mobile

I booked a table at the Bows on Saturday for 8pm on Sunday, we arrived at 7.45 and were told we could have a table in the window, it was a nice evening so we asked if it was OK to take our drinks outside, the guy behind the bar said yes and someone would bring the menu out at this point I saw the carvery was being removed,when the menu was given to us the waitress TOLD us the kitchen was closing at 8.00 so we had 5 minutes to order, the menubwas on a piece of stained paper, the staffs attitude was terrible so we just left never to go back,why did they not tell me the kitchen closed at 8 when I booked I'd have booked earlier then I might have had a chance of eating here

Yvonne M, Manager at Bowd Inn, responded to this review, 1 week ago
We are sorry you missed the "chance of eating here". It would appear there has been some confusion. My staff are well rehearsed in explaining to every one eating later on a Sunday that the kitchen closes at 8pm. The reason being that after serving circa 500 meals and the kitchen staff having been on duty in many cases since the early hours they then have to clear up and wish to go home. I apologise for the menu being stained.. we do print special menu's for each Sunday and as they become soiled they are disposed of, obviously this one slipped through the net. My apologies again. I can and do understand the waitress stressing the urgency of taking your order as she would wish to get the order to the kitchen in time for you to be served. At no time is any of the carvery removed prior to 8pm and so I can only imagine you witnessed vegetables being refreshed or replaced. I have looked at all your comments and spoken to the staff concerned and am satisfied with my response. However I most definitely do not accept that any member of my staff would be any thing less than professional and courteous as can be evidenced by the numerous compliments regarding all members of our staff. Should you wish to discuss the matter further please contact me at tom@webbenterprises.co.uk . We take any comments good or bad very seriously.