“its like a Japanese car does the work but not luxury staff superb” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Heathrow Terminal 5

You added Travelodge Heathrow Terminal 5 to your Saves list
Travelodge Heathrow Terminal 5
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calder Way, Horton Road | Colnbrook, Slough SL3 0AT, England   |
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Slough
London, United Kingdom
“its like a Japanese car does the work but not luxury staff superb”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

there can be alot of improvements one of which is giving warm look to the hotel not blue, blue everywhere it feels like a hostel but not hotel but it still does the job, had to probs expect the parking. The staff is amazing especially 2 brothers working on Friday evening joking about and taking a mickey with nowadays lazy boxers.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Taunton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed overnight following an international flight. Room was average but staff were really friendly and helpful. Would have rated 3 if not for the staff. Only hitch was there was only 1 towel in the room. Easily sorted

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Friendly staff. Room was quiet and spotlessly clean. Was able to regulate heating to a balmy 18c. Was given a double room and on asking if it had a bath was given a room with a bath. Felt safe a secure and slept well on an excellent mattress - all for £54 for two nights.

Room Tip: turn down the heating as window doesn't open. free wifi is for half an hour and you pay £3 per 2...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
Taunton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We booked this so we could get some sleep following a long flight from the West Coast of the USA arriving 25/1/15.

Hotel is in the middle of an Industrial park but to be honest we were not planning any sighseeing.

Room ok, but some points the hotel need to address.

Have two bath towels per room, there were two of us and we had to share
Hard to get shower working at right temp, either cold or very hot (Some instuctions would have helped)
Get some comfy chairs, putting two very hard plastic chairs leaves only the bed to sit on.

Hotel does an evening meal, was Weatherspoon's type of food, but it was hot, tasted good and again we just wanted something easy that did not have to mean we went out.

Breakfast was good, we paid for it with the room £7.95 each, good choice, all hot and special mention for the sausages. They were not your normal bland bits of rubber, good flavour and I noted that the kitchen staff made sure food was hot and if not brought new supplies out.

Special mention for the staff, from the checkin person to the bar staff, they were fantastic and I would score them Very Good. Nothing was too much trouble and it felt they were intrested in you.

So a few things that were not great, some that were . Would I stay there again, possibly.

Oxford, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I booked this hotel as the name lead me to believe it was at Heathrow Terminal 5. I naively expected it to actually be at Heathrow Terminal 5. Imagine my surprise when I had parked the car in the Long Stay car park and made my way to the terminal building to be told the hotel was 6.8 miles away.

I had to wait 30 mins for a bus which cost £9 for a return ticket. It also meant that I had to get up half an hour earlier to get to the airport. Not a happy camper at all.

The hotel room was a reasonable size and was in good order. I couldn't complain about anything except the shower - that was pathetic - a bit like calling it Travelodge Heathrow Terminal 5!

Some may say I should do my homework on the location - I say you shouldn't mislead customers calling your hotel Terminal 5.

Room Tip: Don't book this hotel if you are expecting it to be at Terminal 5.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

We booked a reservation at this hotel through late rooms in September and it was prepaid. When we arrived with printed confirmation the receptionist, Gabriella mclos, informed us that we had no booking made through late rooms and we paid for a room again. The room was appalling I have a two year old child and there was a leak in the toilet with a puddle , we tried to get the reception to do something about this and they later informed us that the plumber couldn't get there and they made no attempt to clean it and this isn't even the issue!!

A few weeks later after a very unhappy stay, we were charged by travel lodge £72 for a no show charge even though we were there.

After many long phone calls between myself and travel lodge and late rooms i discovered that I paid for another room because apparently my reservation was not there at 2:53pm, and then a counter assistant Sujata Ghale then went into the late rooms booking that apparently didn't exist at 3:20pm and booked us in even though we had just paid for another room?.

We are annoyed at the inconvenience of it all and no one is taking responsibility for the £72 no show overcharge. Neither late rooms or travelodge are taking responsibility for their awful communication and I have been charged a no show charge for a booking that the receptionist said wasn't there and I had to make another booking when it was there all along?

Appalling customer service. After so many people passing me around I spoke to martin from central reservation and I can only say how polite and helpful he was however I still have not received any resolve to my issue .

• Stayed September 2014
TravelodgeUK, Niki from the Social Media team at Travelodge Heathrow Terminal 5, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for your review. We can see that our Customer Services team have resolved this matter for you. If you need any further assistance, please respond back to the email you received from the team and they will be happy to help.
Bridgwater, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Cheep stopover prior to flying the next day, only paid £21. Had evening meal which was fine and good value, however the dining area is a bit like a staff canteen, did not linger. The room was ok no complaints. Need to catch bus from hotel to terminal, £5 each way (£9 return).

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Travelodge Heathrow Terminal 5? Share your experiences!