“excellent location for trip to legoland” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Heathrow Terminal 5

Save Saved
You added Travelodge Heathrow Terminal 5 to your Saves list
Travelodge Heathrow Terminal 5
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calder Way, Horton Road | Colnbrook, Slough SL3 0AT, England   |
Ranked #5 of 21 hotels in Slough
pachalaura
“excellent location for trip to legoland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

we stayed here thurs 3rd july, 2 adults, and a 4yr old, and got a family room for £28!!!! we had free tickets for legoland windsor that had to be used on the 4th july so looked for a travelodge or premier inn, so we got the travelodge for an absolute bargain!

checked in with the express computer and it took literally 1 minute, it printed out the receipt with the room number on and gave 2 room key cards, we were in room 511 - top floor much to our sons delight.

lots of planes going overhead, couldnt hear a thing during the night as the windows dont open, but we done plenty of plane spotting, very impressed 4 yr old :)

our room was just what we needed, tiny bathroom - but was fine for us 3.
room smelled lovely, clean fresh bedding
all appliances worked fine

2 things that could be improved, dvd player in room, or at least let customers have access to plug in laptop to tv so able to put dvd on for kids.

plug sockets charged my phone 18% while it was plugged in for around 6 hours over night, and would not charge my husbands at all, and when i used my hairdryer it kept going off then on again.

didnt have breakfast at the hotel so cant comment on that.

had our tea in a toby carvery about 10 minute drive away which was lovely

all in all a fab hotel for the price we got the room, and a 15 minute drive to legoland, so was perfect

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

432 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Blackburn, England.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Excellent location for T5. Very clean and comfortable rooms. Perfect for an overnight stay before flying off somewhere.

However, DO NOT use Black Cabs. They wanted to charge me £35 from T5 and it is only 2.2 miles!!! Use mini cabs or the shuttle bus, £5 per person.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Glasgow
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

It was 11pm, just off a flight from GLA and at the check-in desk I gave my confirmation over. My work had paid for this so was already on billback to my company.. The Receptionist advised that she couldn't see this on the Reservation so 'how you paying cash or car' with her hand out awaiting.. I told her that she would of received a fax from my company.. Rudely interrupted me and kept her hand out 'cash or card' she kept on saying over and over.. I advised her to listen to what I was saying and check the faxes.. She huffed, went in to check and found it!! Never even apologised or even said one word to me.. Just gave me my keys and served the next client waiting! My colleague had the same problem.. Awful service. Not giving 1 star as the room wasn't to bad.. What you pay is what you get.. The waiter at Breakfast time however was lovely.. We work for a Company that books hotels all day every day and I have now advised my work colleagues to steer clear of this place.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Blackburn, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Stayed for 3 nights on business from Friday night and over the weekend. £138 for 3 nights is great value for money given it's proximity to the airport. It costs a lot more during the week. Staff were very friendly and helpful and the hotel is what it is - a cheap short stay "express" type of accommodation. Couple of tips re: location. It is set on the opposite side of the M25 from the airport so you have to get the shuttle bus (H57) and these are every half-hour. £5 each way or £9 return is a bit steep though I think. The hotel is set in an industrial estate and there are no pubs or shops nearby so you are reliant upon eating at the hotel. Noise is a problem because of planes taking off but this is expected. I'm sure those staying at the Hilton round the corner have the same problem but will have paid three times as much. The hotel charges for wi-fi which I think is a really poor way of fleecing the customer. Surely wi-fi needs to be free now in all hotels. I think it gives a clue to the quality of the hotel than any star rating on review websites.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

I was hopeless until the two brothers gave me stupendous service on the reception God bless them! The place is what it been paid for in price of 30 to 40 im well impressed if i was expecting more than i would go to hilton but the price difference is between the sky to the ground

• Stayed July 2014
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I've been coming here quite a lot and it is a good location, good room rates, very clean, very comfortable beds, good staff and the food/drink is good and reasonably prices.
But there is no-where to leave feedback (in hotel or online).. so these are my requests - in the hope that someone at Travelodge is reading....
1. The parking ticket machines outside - can you not put a roof over them? Not for the first time I have been drenched in the pouring rain whilst navigating the lengthy process to pay for parking.
2. Why do so few (if any) of the beds have a power socket next to them? Everyone has a smartphone, laptop or tablet these days...

Apart from that.... recommended. :-)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Rugeley, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Stayed here for one night after visiting Thorpe Park. We were quickly seen to by a very helpful man, who was polite and chatty. Told us about the bar and food available and said if we needed anything they were there 24 hours a day. We got to our room on the 4th floor, which was very clean and cool (competed to the heat of the lift and corridor). The bed was so comfortable, once I lay down on it, I didn't want to get up! Went down for dinner, the waiting time was about half an hour, but it was about 50mins before we got any food. I think more staff were needed on the night as they were rushed off their feet. It wasn't their fault we waited so long so we were quite happy waiting discussing our day out. Breakfast the next morning was great, buffet style, so no waiting this time. And an extra bonus, kids under 16 eat free. All in all a great value, comfy stay. Would stay again :)

Room Tip: Try and get a room facing the airport. It's fascinating watching the planes coming and going.