“terrible, run down, never a 4* as they say, stay away, DIRTY AND SMELLY” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Baylis House

Save Saved
You added Baylis House to your Saves list
Baylis House
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Stoke Poges Lane, Slough SL1 3PB, England   |
Ranked #18 of 21 hotels in Slough
London, UK
“terrible, run down, never a 4* as they say, stay away, DIRTY AND SMELLY”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

they pictures on there web site make the hotel look very grand, but in fact you are housed in outbuildings away from the main hotel, we were supposed to have a "family room" that slept 4 people, what we got was a tiny room with 4 single beds cramed in to it in a line, it left no room in between beds and was like one big bed, we could not get the wardrobe doors open because the beds obstucted them.
when we eventually moved one of the beds to get to the wardrobe, we found the door was hanging off.
the carpets were filthy, the walls are painted taliban green, the room had the smell of indian cooking because of the close proximity to the restaurant.
the area it is located in is a crime hotspot, we left after the first night of a 7 day stay, and book a premier in next to chessington world of adventures,
STAY AWAY, UNLESS YOU LIKE A YOUTH HOSTEL TYPE ROOM THAT SMELLS OF COOKING FOR 4* PRICES.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

187 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
essex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2009

we stayed here after going to legoland - the drive up to the hotel was lovely looked posh. we got to our room i wasnt sure as away from hotel , then i realised this place is used for functions and weddings etc, lovely grounds.

our room was nice 2 double beds tea coffee, plasma on wall, warm room. im used to hotels like ramarda or hilton or thistles, so was not to impressed at 1st as u have main hotel house then rooms away in another block but the grounds are so nice we walked around had a drink in the bar drinks are resonable price,

the hotel is close to all the attractions 13 mins from legoland, staff are friendly. 24 hour food sarnis etc, indian resturant on site and to room service till 10.30 drinks too.

for a cheep hotle no bad at all really. for a familly f 4 ---50 pounds is not bad x x x x x x

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2009

I stayed as I was working locally, the staff were courteous and friendly, I got a large upstairs room (2 double beds) room was clean and seemed recently painted, woodwork was a little tired and could do with attention. The hotel resturant is Indian and a real revelation, not the usual "curry house" dishes, didn't recognise half the menu but took advise from the waiter and recieved a delicious starter and lamb dish. If you like curry I would recommend a stay, if not, it's probably not for you as there is very little choice within walking distance.
There was a small event on the night I stayed which didn't affect me at all. Parking is good.
Overall a good place to stay ,slightly outside the town centre.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
uk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2008

my wife and i stayed here for two nights first night was ok, second night was terrible. There was a function on and the noise of people running up and down the corridoor outside our room was horrendous until the early hours. The breakfast was vile it was cold, sausage seemed uncooked and only cornflakes as a choice of cereal their was nobody there to tell you where to sit or help you. we didn,t even go for breakfast the next morning. The room was clean and tidy a bit small for a double no satilite tv had very limited channels and no plug for the bath, i would never stay here again.

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
St Austell Cornwall
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2008

My Wife and I recently attempted to stay at this establishment,having booked some weeks earlier.We arrived early on the Sunday evening, having travelled some three hundred miles from Cornwall and first impressions sadly did not lie!

The entrance foyer area was grubby and untidy.Having been presented with my electronic room key and vague directions as to where I might find my room.I found the room and entered using the electronic room key,only to find a gentleman lying in the bed, another sitting on the bed,both watching TV!

I was embarressed and aplologised ,momentarily thinking that I had entered the wrong room by accident.On my way back from this annexe room to the reception area,my embarressment turned to anger,since it dawned on me that the electronic key could not have fitted another room.The receptionist confirmed that this was the correct key,but stated"There are no men in your room".Needless to say by the time we both returned to the room the offending parties had scarpered.
I asked to see the Duty Manager and was advised that he was in a meeting.I said I would wait. After some twenty minutes I asked how much longer I would need to wait and was told he would be "a very long time"
Since it became apparent that he not be putting in an appearance anytime soon,I left with my wife and luckily found another Hotel for the night.
There are no circumstances in which I would recommend anyone staying in this Hotel,since their attitude to customer service and security obviously stinks.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Non exisitent service
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2008

I recently dined and stayed at the Baylis House hotel in Slough.
I wish I hadn't. I'm not sure where to start, apart from the complete lack of customer service and quality, the food was cold, I was missing pieces of cutlery, and when I asked to speak with the manager, no one could find him. The overnight stay was even worse, the room was small and cramped, and people's trays of empty plates were not once cleared form outside their doors, flies were beginning to gather and the place reminded me of a youth hostel rather than a hotel. I would strongly advise against staying at this hostel.

• Liked — checking out...
  • Disliked — the lack of care or quality
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Swansea, Wales
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2007

This is a comfortable and clean hotel and all the staff were very pleasant and helpful. One of the reasons that we booked this hotel is because they offer a shuttle service to the airport. Our booking confirmation advised that the cost of the shuttle service would be £5 per person, this cost was again confirmed upon arrival at the hotel. The next morning whilst waiting for the Driver, the receptionist advised that the cost would be £10. We disputed this with the receptionist, who at first said that the cost had increased and that nothing could be done. After protesting, we offered to show the receptionist our written confirmation - he then reluctantly agreed to us paying the £5.

This hotel is not near the airport - this is confirmed by our return taxi fare to the airport - £55!! Also, due to the location of the hotel a few taxi driver's refused to take us.

If you are looking for a hotel within close proximity of Heathrow Airport, I would not recommend this one. You would probably be better off spending a little more on a hotel that is within a few miles of the airport, or at least a hotel that is serviced by the Heathrow Hoppa buses.

• Liked — The cleanliness of the room
  • Disliked — It's too far from Heathrow Airport
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Baylis House? Share your experiences!