“Decent effort.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pinewood Hotel

You added Pinewood Hotel to your Saves list
Pinewood Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Wexham Park Lane | George Green, Slough SL3 6AP, England   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Slough
London, United Kingdom
“Decent effort.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Pretty comfortable -- a large room with an enormous (though rather soft) bed. Superior to many other three star establishments. Restaurant better than anticipated, and was happy to cook a burger to order. Not always the case in these risk-averse, litigation-fearing days. Good for them.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My boyfriend booked this hotel for my birthday and I found it so relaxing. The room was lovely and big with a huge bed. Even though 2 single beds were pushed together it was still a comfortable nights sleep. Being near a main road we thought we would have a lot of noise but to be honest we didn't hear anything. Staff were extremely polite and helped whenever we needed. Even bought plasters to the room.
We didn't use the facilities that were on offer at the centre down the road, but hear they are good. Free WiFi but we didn't know this until we arrived.
We also lost out key card for our room. They replaced this free of charge.
The TV is a flat screen TV that obviously has Freeview on it, but they've taken this away which is very frustrating as now all the channels are muddled up.
The breakfast was lovely with a buffet for both continental and English.
Thank you for a wonderful stay.

Leicester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Another business trip with a one night stay over at the Pinewood hotel. The hotel has a good size car park, and is easy enough to find. An efficient and friendly welcome and an 'upgrade' to an executive family room. Well, not as executive as I was hoping for. Nothing really wrong with the room, clean enough, comfortable bed (in fact I had a choice of 3...) and effective heating (it was pretty cold that night) but its all a bit dated and tired. The bathroom was OK, but the shower suffered from one of my per hates, which seems to be not so common these days - constantly varying temperature. One second very hot, so slightly adjust then OK - for 5 seconds before turning freezing cold. Certainly keeps you on your toes in the morning particularly when covered in soap and shower gel. Also there was more water coming out of the side of the shower that the actual shower head. The restaurant was another OK. Nice atmosphere (I'd be happy to take the wife...) and friendly staff. But the food was average and my medium rare steak was very rare - but better the second time around. Breakfast was (yes, you have guessed...) OK but some of the staff didn't seem to happy with an early start and were nearly as grumpy as me after the shower. All in all not a bad hotel, good (ish) value for the area but no better than OK.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I have just returned from staying over the weekend with my partner and quite frankly I am shocked by all of the negative views on this hotel! Upon booking I was very wary about what was in store for us but I must say do not take notice of the moans below!

We checked in on Saturday 2nd March at around 3.15pm and the receptionist that served us was very welcoming ensuring we knew where everything was and even booked us in for dinner. Yes the lift doesn't work but one flight of stairs is surely manageable and was! We stayed in room 20 that yes was a little on the small side with not much of a view but for the reasonable price of our room I was not going to complain! The bed was very comfy, the bathroom was modern and the water pressure in the bathroom was fine I thoroughly enjoyed my glittery bath in the morning! We dinned in the Eden restaurant in the evening, where the staff members were very friendly and the food was great! We then had a few drinks in the quite bar to the side of the restaurant, which could do with some TLC. We then retired to our room and awoke leisurely in the morning with no disturbance. In the morning we had breakfast at the hotel, I had the English breakfast and my partner the omelette and again the food was great! Just what you need to wake up to on a Sunday Morning!

We really enjoyed our stay here and would highly recommend it to anybody visiting the local area! The downstairs toilets must be seen I thought they were very quirky!

Keep the good work up Pinewood staff and we look forward to coming in the future to stay again!

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

we stayed here on our wedding night in Sept 2012 and felt quite disappointed.
Although the room was clean and the bed was comfy, it was very average and not the honeymoon suite that we had booked and were expecting. we felt that as it was our wedding night there may have been some special touches but there weren't, it was all very impersonal - none of the staff even said congratulations, which would have cost nothing extra but would have made us feel like we mattered to them!

our one regret is that we didn't stay at The Bull in Gerrards cross, where the staff were friendly and helpful and the room was bigger with better views (and for half the price too!).

whilst I have no grounds to say this is a terrible hotel, I really wouldn't recommend it for a special occasion.. just disappointing. My husband contacted the Pinewood hotel about our experience last year but we're stil waiting for a reply!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Coventry, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Firstly I am writing this review on the basis yhat st the time of the ecperience we had paid another hotel 165 pound for bed dinner and breakfast. Due to a heating fault we were moved and the experience certanly wadnt worth ehat we paid. However we complained to the other hotel and they are giving us a night back in thier hotel.

The rooms and furniture were a little worn. The bed was hard with just a thin duvet and pillow.
The bathroom looked ok but when I tried to get the jaccuzi in thr bath to work it wouldnt. Also when trying to take a shower at 8am the water pressure was low and cold.

The reception desk were very helpful and friendly throughout stay. the restaurant was plesant and was reasonably priced.

Other downside was its not yhe place to go for a lie in. A maintence man knocked on the door before 8 and at 8.15 someone rlse started hoovering just outside the room.

Also it was like an obstacle course taking our suitcase from the room as the corridoor was scattered with dirty plates being cleaned out of other rooms

• Stayed February 2013
Orpington, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I spent one night in this hotel, on business. The room was clean and comfortable and, during some very cold weather, was pleasantly warm, with an adjustable thermostat that worked. The bathroom was clean and the water was hot. The bed was comfortable and I slept well.

My room was on the first floor and the lift was broken. However, seeing my walking stick, the receptionist did offer me a room on the ground floor so I can't really complain after turning it down!

The TV in my room was tuned in a most peculiar way and I couldn't get many channels. Those that I could get were not in their right places and were not where the room TV guide said they would be. In the end I gave up on the TV.

My biggest complaint is about the 'free' WiFi internet. Connection was spasmodic and for two hours in the evening there was none. When it was on it was painfully slow. Totally inadequate for business use and desperately in need of fixing.

I took two meals there, dinner and breakfast. Both were very good, served hot, by polite and attentive waiters.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1webster, General Manager at Pinewood Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Steve C2

Well Steve, "Mostly Good" is not good enough for us, so we will try a bit harder. I am aware that some of the rooms have channels in an order that is not expected, and I am working hard to resolve this. I will spare you the technical details though!

I am surprised you had issues with WiFi, it is usually very good, but I will be the first to admit that (even with bonded broadband lines) the rate Broadband is being consumed these days it is getting harder to keep up.

I have always been an advocate of free internet for our guests, and your review has prompted me to see if we can upgrade further. I am pleased to say Fibre has finally reached SL3, and 3 truly unlimited lines are going in within about a month.

So come back soon and give it a road test, let me know how you get on.

Best Regards
Craig Webb

Been to Pinewood Hotel? Share your experiences!