“Very downmarket. Fraudulent info on website” 1 of 5 stars

Skyways Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21 London Road, Slough SL3 7RL, England   |
Ranked #20 of 21 Hotels in Slough
Slough, United Kingdom
“Very downmarket. Fraudulent info on website”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

This hotel is in a very poor condition with worn decor and bears no similarity to the pictures on the web site. Yet it is advertised as a 3 star hotel !
Its about time the star rating was updated by an inspector.

The photos & blurb on their web site show a very attractive and welcoming hotel as it was some years ago before it changed hands. These photos could not have been updated for at least five years. The hotel is nothing like it now.

The room was not the one booked. It was not clean and there was no hot water until the morning. The beds were not made up and the bed clothing left out was inadequate. The shower had stains around the base, there was no bin in the toilet and the bedside drawer contained a cup filled with ash. There was some plaster coming off the wall. This room was also at the base of a very busy staircase and kept us awake most of the night with incessant activity, laughing and shrieking. We were too exhausted to take breakfast. The manager said he could not check on the girls his guests brought in with them.

The manager said: "Its a cheap hotel and people are always wanting their money back or asking for something free. You should have paid more somewhere else.”

This hotel urgently requires an inspection. Just look at the complaints on this web site and on Google. The only positive remarks are about the Italian restaurant which is part of the hotel, but this restaurant is someone else's business. In my opinion Skyways Hotel is trading fraudulently.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

It was an horrible hotel with horrible service and bad customer service.

They do not value their customers, rooms look patched up with no remotes and very small for the aamount charged.

Both owner, manger and staffs are extremely rude

Room Tip: Please book another hotel
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

WARNING! We stayed here with our 2 kids going to legoland. The rooms we were given were filthy & smelly with stains all up the walls & over the beds. I immediately went down & asked for a refund saying we weren't prepared to stay there. The woman was very rude & refused us a refund saying if we go she will ask the manager to refund me in a few days! I was not prepared to take this risk of not getting it so instead she gave us better (only slightly less filthy) rooms. Don't stay here I woke up itchy & covered in bites so wouldn't be surprised if the beds are riddled with fleas.

• Stayed September 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Let's talk about the positive aspects at first.

The beds were comfortable and the sanitary installations were pretty new. But that's it!

The first thing we noticed after entering the room was the stench.
It smelled like the carpet hasn't been cleared for years. The whole room was dirty. The windows haven't been cleaned neither from the inside nor from the outside. After moving the bed a bit we found mold which was also spreading out in the bathroom ventilation. We showed it to the staff members and they didn't remove it!!
And here comes already the next problem, the bathroom. In the first night we had no warm water, fortunately this issue has been fixed after a few hours. But of course they didn't fix the toilet flush. It was flouing the whole time and the noise kept us awake the whole night!!!
After these dreamy hours we went to the English breakfast from 7-9 am. At 8:45 the waitress told us to come earlier next time, because the buffet was already closed. No wonder, besides us, we haven't seen more than 4 guests.
Furthermore, I wouldn't recommend to stay at this hotel during cold temperatures, one of the windows was damaged and could not be closed.
Luckily, these troubles did not affect the door, too. Some days we even needed a few minutes to open it, because the lock clamped.

This hotel NEVER EVER deserves three stars!!!

• Stayed August 2013
UNITED KINGDOM
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here as it was close to Heathrow and I needed to collect a friend at the airport early doors. I arrived quite late and the girl on the reception had to literally harass the manager for my change after I paid in cash because he'd had a couple of drinks and had clearly taken all the money out of the till! He obviously doesn't trust his staff. My request for a wake up call was a scribbled pencil mark in their paper diary/booking log and the receptionist was checking her phone every twenty seconds while I patiently waited to be booked in. When walking along the walkway the floors were creaking something awful - did I mention I got there late? I must have woken the dead with the racket that i made walking along the walkway, and made me cringe at the thought if waking early.

Once I got to the door of the room I was greeted with grubby marks all around the walls and doors between floor and chest height, so was reluctant to touch the doors. The room was relatively clean but again, grubby marks along the walls and the creaky floors made an absolute racket. Thinking I'd be woken up by my alarm, I had a quick shower and climbed into bed. The only thing that woke me was the traffic on the road outside so I showered and left, leaving the receptionist's shrill voice in my wake berating the early morning "concierge" for not taking note of the alarm request written in pencil two pages back. I was glad to leave and definitely WILL NOT be going back!

• Stayed July 2013
Peterborough, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Skyways has so much potential but the poor décor and indifferent cleanliness let it down. Bathroom was clean (excellent shower) but the bedroom was not. When closing the curtains (some falling apart) I spotted an empty crisp packet. The mirrors were smeared and many of the surfaces baldy scratched and damaged. Grubby grey marks on the walls. Bedlinen clean and towels changed daily. Breakfast repetitive and adequate. Concerned about the lock on the door so wedged something against it every night!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
chard
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Booked 1 double room and 1 twin. Double was room 130 and very big ! Enough room that it had lots of furniture including a sofa with 2 matching chairs. Bathroom also big with lots of hot water. Twin room a lot smaller but still adequate. No information given at check in and bought our bags in to be told our rooms were in the next building. Luckily a poster on the wall told us what time breakfast and check out was. Breakfast ok. Only paid £30 each and happy enough with what we got.

Room Tip: If you want a double room ask for number 130
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Skyways Hotel? Share your experiences!