The price of our room was £45, but the perceived value we received was a lot less. I can only say please avoid this hotel. The level of dirt and filth was astonishing. Even Basil Fawlty would have been shocked by this experience. Only use this establishment if you can’t get accommodation nearby for a similar price and you are staying for 1 night. I am not a fussy person, but this was beyond a joke. Some more in depth information below:
About a mile away from the centre of Slough and within easy reach from the M25/M4 and Heathrow, the hotel’s location is ideal if you are on business or seeking a place to lay your head before catching a flight.
*** Exterior and Parking
Not shabby but not particularly appealing either. Parking was easy as it was in front of the hotel, just off the main busy road. However, when my partner asked if we were ok where we were parked, she was met with a grumpy and frankly rude attitude from the guy on reception who then showed her to our room and left without saying much or even offering a glimmer of a smile. It seemed that most of the vehicles in the car park are owned by the family who own the premises so if the hotel is busy, you may find it hard to park. We thought that judging by the exterior, Skyways Hotel may well be ok. We were wrong.
*** The Bedroom – Room 126
Absolutely disgusting. Although the room is big, it is too cluttered and filled with too much furniture; a double bed, a single bed (even though we booked a double room), a wardrobe and a desk, on which stood a television and hospitality tray. The double bed had an ok mattress but with thin see-through sheets with a zebra print blanket inside a duvet cover. The single bed blocked the radiator. The television worked, but the remote (which was grimy) didn’t correlate with the right channels i.e. BBC 1 was on channel 3 etc... The wardrobe stunk of smoke (although a non-smoking room) so you couldn’t put any clothes inside. The carpet was stained. There were smears on the walls that looked like excrement plus chewing gum on the bedside light. The wallpaper was peeling off due to damp.
*** The Bathroom
The bathroom was big and spacious. Whilst using the shower, the tray filled up quickly, probably due to a blockage. The cause of this was probably that the plughole had no sort of a filter or cover and therefore was just a hole leading to the pipes. There wasn’t any soap or shower gel (not that we were expecting it) but there was a horrible manky used bar of pink soap in the shower. The sink plug was broken and had been left on top of the toilet unit. More smears were present with cobwebs. The vanity light didn’t work and there was a plastic air freshener on top of it which was covered in dust and hair.
*** The Breakfast
I simply couldn’t bring myself to eat in such a place that didn’t clean their rooms to any basic standard at all. It may have been a really nice breakfast made in a clean kitchen, but if I was betting on that, I would expect to lose my money. There is an Indian Restaurant on site too, but again left that well alone but can’t give any opinion.
*** Customer Service
The owners and workers at this establishment are rude and in dire need to attend a customer service seminar/training course.
Find another hotel!
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.