“Something or nothing.” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
“Something or nothing.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Having driven past it on many occasions, and liking ice cream, we decided to try it out. The small parking area is approached by driving through the car park to Lidl. 7pm on a Monday evening and there are only another 8 people sitting down. The 2 of us were led around to a table next to a table of 3 girls. Ok not a problem, but not wanting to sit shoulder to shoulder in an empty cafe, I asked to sit somewhere else. Not a problem so we moved to a bigger table which had better lighting. They explained that we would now look at the menu and then nip over to the counter and place our order. This we done, 2 ice cream sundaes for £12.50. Although costly, they arrived within 10 minutes and were a good size. I counted 6 staff with an average age of 22. There are several tv screen's doted around that are on a loop showing there menu. I would describe it as something or nothing. To the rear it is very dark with high backed seats helping to block out any daylight. So no real issues as such, but does it replicate an Italian ice cream parlour on a fairly rundown section of the Farnham Road in Slough? No not really!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Rude”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Visited creams last night with some friends. Queued for about 15 minutes to get which is fine, there busy and it's popular so to be expected, extra busy I assume because its eid aswell.
Man at the door who I believe was the manager as he had his own clothes on. Asian guy with slight grey hair.
Went up to order our food and I think another guy who was also a manager in his own clothes, real big guy served us, I told him I didn't want nuts on my pancake and he said its to busy to make changes like that. Which is ridiculous, I'm a paying customer and they should be providing customer service. So he made me 'build my own', exactly the same as what I wanted but without nuts which cost me about £2 more, ironic isn't it! This took him about 5 minutes, literally to put into the machine, about 4 minutes longer I imagine than printing the receipt and putting 'no nuts' on it. We paid our £30 and sat down. The puddings came sporadically, which isn't a major problem apart from they either came with ice cream when we asked for cream or with nothing. I didn't get nuts on mine though, thumbs up!!
Ice cream was all melted.
Had finished our puddings and gone and bought another drink when a lady came over to ask us to remove our belongings and lift our drinks up so she could clean our table otherwise her manager would tell her off. 2 minutes later and the manager sent a shy boy who worked there over to ask us to hurry up and leave because they wanted our table, we made it clear we had paid to eat here and just bought another drink so we wouldn't be leaving yet! I looked over to the manager who rolled his eyes at me and stormed over, he promptly said 'I'm the manager here and we need the table'. I repeated that we had just paid to eat there and had another drink and we would be leaving when we were ready. We were planning on leaving soon anyway but this was a slight Micky take. We had only finished our puddings about 15 minutes ago.
Basically the service let it down. The food surprisingly was good and maybe when it's not eid the atmosphere, because it was so busy and loud, would be nicer and the food would be a bit more up to scratch but the service was shocking. The manager at the till was telling everyone off like kids and shouting at them infront of us.
And the manager seating and stood at the door to be fair was an absolute idiot. Whoever employed him should be sacked them self.
He may aswell have physically chucked us out!!!
Poor....

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Berkshire, New York
“Shocking”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Waited 20mins to queue we then got told that we would have to queue at the other till if we wanted to use card so we waited again! After finally getting to the till the manager of all people came and had a massive argument with the till cashier I had to interrupt and ask to be served. Not going to lie place looks good but atmosphere is dull and people just seem like they don't have a clue what they are doing manager is having ago at staff left right and centre don't believe the staff are the problem just think he is! Also they were cleaning the floor whilst we were in the long queue with no wet floor signs so it was very slippy plus we had to move out the way, as u can tell awfull experience!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Rude management”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

A few of my uni friends came to visit me in slough, I thought I'd take them to creams.

When we went up to order everyone notice how rude the manager Ricky was towards us. It was as if we were a inconvience. I wish I had taken my money else where. There's treats on the high streetp which is much better service and better value for money.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Slough, England, United Kingdom
“Awful service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Place looks good but the best thing they need to do is get rid of the manager ,Rude is an understament

• Visited July 2013