“Mount Kailash (Tibet)-brilliant!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 12 attractions in Slough
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Lumle Holidays believes day trips have equal significance as long trips. Therefore, day trips are an important part of one’s holiday. Thinking of day trips, does not mean, not only sometimes you need an escape from the hustle and bustle of a major tourist spots but you won’t know whether you’d also be missing out some of the hidden jewels of your holiday if you didn’t explore. We at Lumle Holidays are pleased to suggest amazing day trips in Nepal and India that shouldn’t be missed.
“Mount Kailash (Tibet)-brilliant!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

A huge thank you to Lumle Holidays Limited, especially Narayan, for making my dream come true. His advice and guidance was excellent. This was my first time as a single traveller and am very grateful to him for arranging the trip. I was quite anxious initially but he ensured that l was paired with person(s) of similar background and interest.

The staff were dedicated and looked after us very well; everything went according to plan, thanks to our Tibetan guide (Dorjee) and the Nepali tour operator. The transport, food, allowance for acclimatization, and hotel accommodation in Kathmandu was exceptional. My personal porter (Jansu) during the parikrama was amazing and so helpful. Apart from the problem of sanitation in Tibet, the country is breath-taking and well worth the visit. Once again,

l would like to thank Lumle Holidays and Narayan for making this one of the most memorable and cherished trips of my life and would definitely recommend them to anyone planning this yatra.

Visited May 2012
Lumle, Guest Relations Manager at Lumle Holidays - Private Day Tours, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for sharing your views about our services in trip advisor. You have described the services of Lumle Holidays perfectly and exactly how the team from sales to operations here plan for it to be. I am delighted to hear that, you have thoroughly enjoyed your Kailash Mansarovar pilgrimage, had wonderful experience and most importantly brought great memories from a trip of lifetime.

Our main focus is to ensure that, we understand our customers’ needs, expectations in detail; cater them accordingly and treat every guest as a Lumle family. Therefore, from the initial moment to the end of trip, we ensure that, our guests are having great time and provided personal assistance at every required step. This is why, our guests choose to come back with us for their future holidays and recommend us as their own business. Please note that, your feedback has been shared with entire Lumle Holidays team.

I am sure with such a great review we will look forward to welcoming you back at our wide range of holidays to Nepal, India, Tibet and Bhutan in the future.

Wakefield, United Kingdom
“India's Golden Triangle & Kirala”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I am part of a group of three couples aged 60 to 63 and none of us had ever been to India. We did the Golden Triangle and Kerala Tour.

We updated our vaccinations and obtained our over the top India visa's, at this point I was worried about stomach problems and mosquito bites, so we did some homework and took things we thought we may need. We ate in our hotels and recommended restaurants(most serve Indian and Western), had no salads or ice, and used bottled water for brushing our teeth. We applied anti mosquito spray at all essential times. Ok we may have overcooked it but it worked, only in the last two days did two of our party have an issue with stomach problems, and two of our party had issues with mosquito bites. Hard to say the cause but the houseboat did expose us to mosquitoes, otherwise I'd say we were almost trouble free, like any other normal holiday.

The hotels I thought would be good, and they were. All were clean and comfortable with adequate facilities, some slightly more than others. All breakfasts were good with some very good. Staff very good and very friendly. Money exchange is available at most hotels, get lots of small change for tips for porters and hotel staff, it’s not compulsory but it is appreciated. Give too much and you could be pestered, not enough and it's embarrassing. 10r/case we found ok.

Site tours were well organised with first class friendly guides who were flexible for some changes if required, which gave us some control of itinerary but rarely needed. We bought many souvenirs and the ladies bought lots of clothes and jewellery, only restrictions was luggage weight allowance. The street traders can give a great price just as you are about to leave, be prepared to haggle. If you buy before or show interest they could follow you everwhere.

We travelled in a 9 seater (Ford Transit like) people carrier, which was roomy and adequate, but ours had no passenger seat belts. We drove about 850 miles altogether which was a total of well over a day travelling, the ladies did some sleeping but I couldn't shut my eyes as there was so much to see. I was amazed as how the traffic functions, it has to be seen to be believed, a hidden highlight of my experience. Two of our party were not used to travel on this scale each day managed with no problems, probably thanks to our drivers who were top class.

Our flights were ok but not the best, as we had to do it on a budget, so coming home from Southern India took 30 hrs with three flights and airport waiting, not ideal.

So to summarise. Ideally you need to do some homework to prepare, and if you want a relaxing laid back holiday then this is not for you, if you want an adventure that is well organised then look no further. There is a culture shock and lots of rubbish, but everyone seemed genuinely friendly and could speak English, the sites like the Taj Mahal are amazing, Delhi is a wonderful place, and Jaipur sites beautiful, warmer Kerala more rural and cheaper, the coast is what you would dream of, so to cut to the chase I would certainly recommend Lumle Holidays.

Incredible India, an amazing experience, an holiday I will never forget.

Mr.K.G.Whiteley.

Visited November 2012
Lumle, Guest Relations Manager at Lumle Holidays - Private Day Tours, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful and comprehensive review, you have described the services of Lumle Holidays perfectly and exactly how the team from sales to operations here plan for it to be. I am sure, your review will be very much useful for those who are planning their trip to India. Please note that, our UK and India team has been notified of your feedback.

“everest Base Camp !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

An amazing trip, superb service from the outset, myself and my 15yr old son embarked on this trip with some trepidation. It was well organised and our guide and the manager were excellent. The itinerary was set out in a manner so as to allow acclimatisation and rest thereby enabling completion without exhaustion. We started the trek with our guide as an acquaintance but finished as part of the Lumle family. Well worth going and a great company to go with!!!!

Visited April 2012
Lumle, Guest Relations Manager at Lumle Holidays - Private Day Tours, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for sharing your views about our services in trip advisor. You have described the services of Lumle Holidays perfectly and exactly how the team from sales to operations here plan for it to be. I am glad to hear that, you have noticed our services being very personal.

Our main focus is to ensure that, we treat every guest as a Lumle family. Therefore, from the initial moment to the end of trip, we ensure that, our guests are having great time and provided personal assistance at every required step. This is why, our guests choose to come back with us for their future holidays and recommend us as their own business. Please note that, your feedback has been shared with entire Lumle Holidays team.

Buckinghamshire
“Pilgrimage to Mount Kailash and trek to Everest Base Camp.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I booked my pilgrimage to Manasarowar, Mt Kailash and a holiday up to Base Camp with Lumle Holidays because 1) they were cost effective. 2) I had to return to the UK by the 25/6/12. Our group of pilgrims completed the Yatra a day before schedule. Credit to the driver and excellent roads in Tibet. The cost of the extra night's accommodation in our 4* hotel was borne by Lumle. The trek up to Everest Base Camp could not be completed as a protester had planted a Tibetan flag, and the route was closed for two days. As monies could not be refunded, an alternative itinerary was organised by Lumle which included a morning flight over Everest, sight-seeing in Kathmandu and a return trip to Lumbini, the birth place of Lord Buddha. This was organised within a few hours. Also all hotel bills were met and the re-booking of my return flight was completed free of charge by a Lumle representative in Kathmandu. This was an excellent alternative, as I appreciate admire and respect Buddhism I will look forward to completing my trek to Base Camp with Lumle Holiday’s in October 2013.

Visited April 2012
Thank you for your glowing review, you have described the services of Lumle Holidays perfectly and exactly how the team from sales to operations here plan for it to be. Although, I am sorry to hear that, your Everest Base Camp trek after Kailash Mansarovar affected by the protest, I am glad to hear that, our operations team in Nepal swiftly managed to devise choice of your alternative extension holiday instead Everest Base Camp in a short span of time. I am happy to know that, you have enjoyed Everest Mountain Flight, Kathmandu sightseeing and Lumbini extension.

I am also happy to see that, you have noticed, Lumle Holidays borne charges for extra night Kathmandu hotel accommodation for Kailash group due to early arrival. This is an ample example of Lumle Holidays always puts customer’s satisfaction first and like to ensure our customers get amazing experience from their holidays booked through us. Therefore, we do not compromise providing add on, complimentary excursions, extra nights’ accommodation or cater customer’s preference in certain circumstances like this.

“Base camp Everest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I had an exceptional holiday and I am glad to have chosen Lumle Holidays Company. Although they’re a small travel company, they will give you the personal assistance at a very reasonable price, which big companies cannot give. They will take care of you from the moment they meet you to the moment you go home. I cannot thank enough Narayan, Narendra and all Nepali staff for their excellent service.

Visited February 2013
Lumle, Guest Relations Manager at Lumle Holidays - Private Day Tours, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review, you have described the services of Lumle Holidays perfectly and exactly how the team from sales to operations here plan for it to be. We are glad to hear that, you have noticed our services being very personal and yet with reasonable price.

Our main focus is to ensure that, we treat every guest as a Lumle family. Therefore, from the initial moment to the end of trip, we ensure that, our guests are having great time and provided personal assistance at every required step. This is why, our guests choose to come back with us for their future holdiays and recommend us as their own business.

Please note that, entire Lumle Holidays team including Narayan and Narendra are notified your feedback.