“Pleasant stay and close to Legoland” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Book at premierinn.com
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Slough
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Pleasant stay and close to Legoland”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Chose to stay here as it was close to Legoland.Check in was fast and efficient,staff friendly and helpful.Our rooms were all on same floor 20-22 i think! Only quibble was the fact that you go up stairs then back down and back up stairs to get there its like a maze! Rooms were good size with sufficient heating availiable for us.Beds were'nt the comfiest, we've slept in better at other inns.Our 4 year old complained his bed was too hard and on checking this was true so we put the duvet on the bottom to make it softer for him.
The restaurant wasn't busy and food was amazing with staff friendly and happy to help.
Building work didnt bother us and we managed to get a car parking space without any problems even though we didnt check in until 7.30pm.
Sainsbury's is right next door and we saved money by having breakfast there!
All in all a pleasant stay and would use again for Legoland.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of hotelhad no noise from traffic
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dan W, Manager at Premier Inn Slough, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you so much for your review and I am so glad that you chose us at Premier Inn as a the location for sleep whilst visiting Legoland.

Your comments were gratefully received by the team and we are all pleased that you enjoyed your stay and your visit to our Thyme restaurant.

I will look into our beds. Throughout the year, we are going through a replacement program for our beds.

Hopefully, we will be your chosen hotel for your visit to Legoland this year. Please do contact me prior to your arrival and I will do my upmost best to ensure that you have our new comfy beds. My direct email address is operationsmanager.slough@whitbread.com

Operations Manger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Lichfield
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Stayed for a single night whilst visiting Legoland Windsor. Hotel was clean(ish). Check-in was quick, but room card didn't work at first. Family room was above a kitchen that had an extractor fan running all the time, so couldn't have window open. Luckily wasn't too stuffy. As a base for a family to crash after a hectic day at Legoland it fitted the bill. Hell, it was only £28!!!

Room Tip: Ask for one that's not above the kitchen!!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dan W, Manager at Premier Inn Slough, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
I am sorry to hear that your stay was not so great.

Had we been informed of the noise in your bedroom, we would have done our upmost to move you bedrooms to a quieter location.

We want all of our guests to leave the hotel happy and to want to return, despite the price of the booking and thats why we offer our Good Night Guarentee.

We would love to have the chance to change your opinion of us. Please, if you do come back, contact me prior to your arrival and I will ensure that your room is placed in a quieter part of the building.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I would like to thank everyone at Slough Premier Inn.

It was the weekend that air traffic control had technical dificulties at London Airports and I was meant to be flying down from Newcastle to visit family on the Saturday for a two night stay.

After an incredibly distressing day with having 3 flights cancelled on me one after the other I phoned up (pretty much crying) and spoke to Olivia to let them know I would not be arriving until the following day. She could tell I was upset and transfered me to the office phone rather than on the desk to speak to me properly and did a brilliant job of cheering me up, she was also a very friendly face on my arrival the following day.

On the phone I mentioned that my plan was to arrive before my Dad who was also staying, and leave a birthday card and bottle of wine in his room but couldn't as I wasn't going to be there till the following day. I then got a phonecall back by Sisi. Sisi offered to go to Sainsbury's down the road and get a bottle of wine and card for my Dad and put it in his room for me as I couldnt be there. When she asked me what I wanted written, I wasn't sure so she offered her personal mobile number to me so I could text her exactly what I wanted written in the card when I decided.
Not only did she do all this but she refused to let me pay for the wine & card, but I also got a lovely text whilst at the airport from her wishing me a safe journey the following day!

...If it werent for the staff I spoke to on the phone before my arrival being so wonderful, I would have cancelled my stay completely and got my £100 back off the airline, but I chose to fly for a less than 24hour visit instead.

Once in the hotel every member of staff were friendly and accomodating, the meal was lovely and so were the staff who brought muffins with candles out after the meal and sang happy birthday!

The only disappointment was that I didnt actually get to meet the girl who bought the wine! But I hope she enjoyed the chocolates I left for her

Thankyou Slough Premier Inn, Your all incredible

Anouska :)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dan W, Manager at Premier Inn Slough, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review.

I have passed your comments onto my team who are extremely delighted that you enjoyed your weekend, even after a disasterous start.

We do try and go that little bit extra and I am so glad to hear that it really made that difference in your stay.

Yes, you are very right. "A place made by you". I am extremely lucky to have a fantastic team to support me, in delivering our promise to our guests and your review is another example.

The team here at the hotel also became very fond of you and your family during your stay and we all can't wait for you to return!

Wishing you all the best for the new year!!

Balloch, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

The staff at Slough Premier Inn were excellent, very friendly, helpful and always someone there to help or guide you when needed, the room was a little cold on arrival and there was a little rubbish below the bed, the hair dryer didn't work but overall a decent and comfortable nights sleep ,and well looked after

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

Dan W, Manager at Premier Inn Slough, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Fiona,

Thank you so much for your review here on Trip Advisor.

Your comments are of great importance and valued and I am glad that you had enjoyed your stay overall with us. Please note that I shall take your comments on board and I will speak with the Housekeeping Department to ensure that our usual high standards are met.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Have a Great Christmas.

Best Wishes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Although this is a budget hotel, the service was great, particularly in the restaurant. Just had an excellent rare rump steak and triple cooked chips. Room spacious and clean. Bathroom nothing special but totally adequate. Staff should be applauded for their good work.

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Jane,

Thank you so much for your review here on Trip Advisor.

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay here at Premier Inn Slough and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

I am sure to pass on your great comments to the team in our daily team meetings.

Have a great Christmas!

Best Wishes
Saltash
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Everything was great. Comfy bed, clean room, great breakfast and the evening before, the staff even brought us dinner to our room as our young children were too tired to go down to the restaurant. It is also conveniently close to the M4. Will Definately stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013
Dan W, Manager at Premier Inn Slough, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind comments and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the food that we offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Happy New Year!

Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Before i begin i will say that the hotel rooms and staff are up to the usual Premier Inn high standards, I was warned in advance of limited car parking due to on going building work, which really wasn't much of an issue. I frequently use Premier Inn's and tend use the restaurants i know they won't be getting any Michelin stars or similar gourmet awards but in general they offer a good varied menu,value for money and a standard of food and service which is more then acceptable.
I was stayed for three nights on business with a colleague and we choose to dine in the Restaurant.
On the first evening we were given a choice of tables as the restaurant was less then half full we were shown to our selected table and given menu's.After about 30 minutes wait we decided that we have been forgotten and my colleague went to locate a member of staff while i went to the bar after drinks.Now anyone who is familiar with the Gourmet evening episode of Fawlty Towers can visualise the scene. Our order was taken and after a few minutes surprisingly our garlic mushroom starters were brought to the table, only for my colleagues to be snatched back before he could pick up his fork and taken to the table of six people seated directly behind us. The waiter returned to the kitchen and less then two minutes later returned with another garlic mushrooms for my colleague...!
The table of six were still five starters short and the the others arrived at various intervals over the next five minutes or so , A table of two people beside us who were seated before we arrived were still waiting for their starters. This was the general scene throughout the evening with people missing items main courses drinks etc. I will say that everyone in our area found it quite amusing and it made for a very good evening.
On the second night we were greeted at the entrance with a notice informing that the Restaurant was closing at 9.00 and would only be serving pizza and fried food.
I went to book a table for 8.45 as i had to make a phone call, only to be told i could only book for 8.30 fair enough you might think, but the time was 8.27 and the restaurant was once again less then half full..!

After the three minute wait we were shown to the table to be told the pizza was off and only the fried, option was available which created a wonderful vision of the restaurant manager driving a red Austin 1300 estate car to Domino's to collect some replacements and breaking down on the return journey, Luckily neither of us wanted pizza, After a few minutes we were now informed that the complete menu apart from the pizza was now back on.
The service was much the same as the previous night and continued on the third night with long waits missing drinks and side dishes etc.
It was quite evident that one waitress a trainee and the occasional helping hand from reception staff could not cope, baring in mind that the restaurant was less then half full and i can't begin to imagine if it had been busy what it would have been like.It would be very unfair to blame the staff as the pressure they were under was clear for all to see.
I will add that the quality of food was actually very good and the staff were always polite and courteous and have no complaints the only problem does seem the lack of staff.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dan W, Manager at Premier Inn Slough, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. I am glad that the bedroom and reception met your expectations and conformed to the high standards that we set here at Premier Inn.

I am disappointed to hear that you had different service levels throughout your stay. We have experienced shortage in team member levels during End of October and November and for that I apologise. We are currently recruiting and training exisiting team members and I am positive on your next visit to Slough Premier Inn, there would be no issue.

It would be great if you could let me know your next planned visit to us so that I can ensure your stay is problem free. My email address is operationsmanager.slough@whitbread.com.

Hopefully, I look forward to hearing from you.

Operations Manger

Been to Premier Inn Slough? Share your experiences!