“Excellent value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Slough
Darlington, United Kingdom
“Excellent value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Very clean and smart hotel. Really good value we paid £39for 2 adults and 2 children. Really close to legoland will definitely stay again on future visits. Premier inns are definitely the best value for money hotels I've stayed in. Free breakfast for kids are also a nice touch.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Blackwood, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

our second visit to this hotel and once again we couldn't fault it. friendly staff made checkin a breeze, room on 3rd floor had a balcony lovely in the morning to take in the view. room spotless, huge, comfy bed. we took advantage of their meal package excellent value and once again had a delicious 3 course meal in the evening in the restaurant. went to slough town centre this time - fab for shopping

Room Tip: we had room 312 which had balcony which was great
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Lancashire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights 2 grown ups with 2 little ones, we had a double room with 2 z beds and the size of the room was just right, even with the z beds. The room was very clean the beds very compfy and all the basic commodities easily to hand.
Check in was slick & the receptionist was very friendly & genuine, she was also helpful in directions to the station and train times etc.
We only had breakfast on the last morning and again a friendly greeting and a great breakfast, even though we came down just 5 mins before breakfast was due to finish, it was also pleasing to see just how clean the kitchen areas and chefs were, spotless.
We do this London visit every year and normally stay at a De Vere Village hotel which costs us 4 times as much and the service is nowhere near as effiecient or professional. The only difference is that the De Vere Hotel had a Pool which we didn't miss as we just spent more time in London.
Location is spot on 5 minute walk to the station and regular trains taking you straight to Paddington. A family travelcard for the day cost just £26.
Further to previous reviews regarding noise....well we didn't hear a thing despite being by the main road, and reading that review gave me piece of mind as at least you know the fire alarms work could you imagine the "who har" if there was (god forbid) a real fire and the alarms didn't go off!
Overall we paid £58 (£29 per night) then £16.50 for breakfast for 4 (kids eat free) and have to say its a real bargain, there is a place for luxury hotels but when you just need a base for London then Look no further than This Premier Inn at Slough Thank you.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Burnham-On-Sea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Stopped off for 2 nights so we could travel into London on the train, only about ten minutes walk from the station.Good service, nice room on the first floor, overlooking the car park and was quiet. Helpful staff. Had dinner the first night in their restaurant. It was just after new year and the restaurant was empty but the food was well cooked and presented by courteous staff. Enjoyable break.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Keighley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stopped here to visit our daughter. The service in the hotel was excellent, the rooms were clean and lots of room (rather warm at times) The food in the hotel was delicious both evening meal and breakfast. Easy walking distance to get the train into London for the day.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

A fire alarm in the middle of the night can't be helped but it was actually a relief to get out of this hotel!! the noise from creaking floors and banging doors was so bad we got 1.5 hrs sleep and that was from 6.00 am. The breakfast was dry and salty with little choice - got my money back without questions asked but it was hard to argue as I think half the hotel had their money back... only the few running around and shouting at 3 in the morning did not bother to ask for it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Whitbread-77, Naina - Social Media at Premier Inn Slough, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for your review.

At Premier Inn our main objective remains to deliver a high level of customer service in all our establishments. We apologise for the service you experienced at our hotel.

Your comments have been noted and will be duly investigated by both Head Office and the Management Team at our hotel.

Please be assured at Premier Inn we take the service provided to all our guests very seriously and your feedback will be duly followed up.

Once again thank you for taking the time to review your stay we do hope that we can welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Naina

Online Customer Service Team,
Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants.
Shepshed, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I am so annoyed with my stay on New Years Eve.

I was working on New Years eve filming a wedding. My family (Wife and two young children) had come to stay with me as we had planned to go and see the Lion King on New Years day. I got back to my room at 1am, my kids were fast asleep so I quietly got in bed without waking anyone.

About 10 mins after my head hit the pillow their were shouts outside the room with people banging on doors and running down the corridor. My room was shaking and my kids were woken up and started crying as they were scared. I decided to go to reception and complain. As I was going down the stairs, there were people sat drinking booze on the stairs!! I had to ask them to move over so I could get past to reception. I told the guy about the noise and he came up stairs with me (past the drinkers on the stairs - saying nothing to them on the way past) and then knocked on the offending doors and asked them to keep it down. The noise continued for another 20 mintues. Shouting, laughing, banging, yelling. So i went down to reception again - this time extremely angry as we were all feeling pretty threatend and scared with what was going on in and around the hotel as it was all getting worse. The guy came up again and it seemed to do the trick (approx. 2:45am by this time). More people were filtering into the hotel drunk and banging. We were all still awake at this point. Then at 3:30am someone set the fire alarms off. My kids were frightened to death as it was so loud. This went on for about 5 mins - we were getting ready to go outside when they suddenly switched off. I went to see what had happened and someone had purposely set them off. I complained again about a particular room which was 4 doors down. There seemed to be about 7-8 voices coming from that room - it was now 4am!! But nothing was done!! No one was asked to leave. By this time we had figured out that you could ring reception on the phone as we did not dare go out of our room. The noise carried on until about 5am when we eventually fell aspleep from pure exhaustion.

The following day our trip into London to see the science museum and the Lion King was ruined. My 7 and 10 year old girls were shattered and so were we. My girls slept through most of the show and we could barely keep awake - then I had to travel 3 hours to get home and had to sleep at a motorway services for a few hours before I could continue with my journey. We eventually got home at 4am in the morning.

So my experience was far less than satisfactory and whilst the hotel refunded the room cost - my travel, the costs of the Lion King Production, food costs and what was to be a special day were all completely ruined.

In conclusion, we felt vulnerable, threatened and exhausted after our stay at Premier Inn. The staff failed to show any balls when dealing with drunkards who had a complete lack of respect for other hotel members!! No one was asked to leave and it was a knightmare from start to finish!! I am so so annoyed with the knock on effect it had for my family the day after which has left us all so tired. And I'm annoyed at the Premier Inn's inability to deal with the people who made our night so so horrible!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Whitbread-77, Naina - Social Media at Premier Inn Slough, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for your review.

I have tried to send you a private message but your account wont allow me to do so.
Many thanks for your review.

It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay, and for this reason your feedback is very much appreciated as we endeavour to improve standards and meet all our customer’s needs.

Please advise if you were able to report your disappointment at the time, or if this was raised but not resolved to your satisfaction?

Please email us directly at welisten@premierinn.com.

Please can I request the following details:

***Reservation number, date checked in and your room number if possible***

Once I have all this information I will investigate into your complaint.

I am sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you for your time.

Kindest regards,

Naina

Online Customer Service Team,
Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants

Been to Premier Inn Slough? Share your experiences!