“Really run down rooms - wouldn't recommend” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Saver rooms available
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Slough
Birmingham, England
“Really run down rooms - wouldn't recommend”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

What have you done to your brand?! I first stayed at this Travelodge when they opened ten years ago. Sadly they appear to have let the place go. The first room I stayed in was in a poor state, pictures missing off the walls (screws still in place) and just looked grimy. Even the shower had tie-wraps to hold the head in the right place. The curtains didn't even meet in the middle.

For some reason they'd not checked me in correctly and then I proceeded to get three visits to my room by various people asking me to confirm my name, and checking that I had in fact checked in. Not sure how they thought I'd got a key to the room!

I complained and they immediately changed my room. It wasn't any better!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Booked to stay here with my 3 year old son last weekend to be close to legoland the next day for his birthday.

After a long drive we just wanted to settle down and rest. Found the hotel easily. Area not great (adult sex shop at the end of the road). Parked around the back, charges were hard to understand, or maybe I was just tired! Didn't expect a lot from the hotel but entered and it seemed ok, quiet and clean. Receptionist was friendly, gave us our key to room 410. When entering the room it was a real mess, sheets everywhere, empty bottles of cider, cigarette ash and the tv was on. Clearly someone still in the room!! The upstairs landing didn't smell pleasant. Back to reception and we were given another key after I had to repeat my name and address over and over while a strange man loitered in reception. Back up to room 411, by this point my son was in tears. The room looked tidy but smelt strongly of stale smoke. I sat on the bed and it was worse than a cheap inflatable! As I sat trying to console my son, I began to feel unsafe. If I had the key to someone else's room anyone could be given the key to my room. I wasn't prepared to risk staying here. We packed up our things and left. We stayed for less than an hour! I've travelled around the world and stayed in some beautiful places and some not so great but this has to be the worst. I have emailed travelodge twice in the last week and have had no response so thought it was time to leave my opinion. Please think twice about booking this hotel, especially if on your own or with children. We also prepaid for breakfast but didn't stay to experience it so cannot comment.

Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here overnight for business. Was very disappointed at the cleanliness of the room. Service was great, staff brilliant and bar cafe was nice despite expensive prices.

Dirty and bodily fluids up the walls in the room and the bathroom had mildew along the bath. It just wasn't clean. Corridors smelt of sewerage. Needs updating.

Castleford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We stopped at Slough Travelodge for two nights at the beginning of May 2013. We did not spend too much time at the hotel, but it was ideal for what we needed - a good night's sleep after a long day.

The check-in and check-out were painless, the room was clean and big enough for a bed, a big desk and an open wardrobe. There were night tables and a TV set as well. The bathroom was tiny, but contained everything we needed, including towels and two rolls of toilet paper. It was nice to find a small kettle and a few packs of tea, coffee and sugar on the desk.

Our windows overlooked a parking and a busy street, but there wasn't much noise and let's not kid ourselves, we didn't choose this place for the view it offered ;)

The hotel staff were pleasant and competent. One night we discovered a group of very noisy party-goers/drug addicts just moved in to a few rooms on our floor. They kept shouting and slamming doors for a good hour, so we reported them to the reception staff. We then went out to eat out and when we came back we were greeted by the chief of security, who told us the problem has been handled, the noisy people moved to a different floor, and apologized at length for the inconvenience this caused us. We were very pleasantly surprised at how swiftly it was handled - I'd give them a medal for the way they dealt with this problem.

We didn't try any food at the hotel, so can't comment on it.

Summing up - if you want a decently priced room for one or two nights, this hotel is the place to go. Don't hesitate to inform the staff about any problems you might have, they should be able to fix them. We will definitely stay at this hotel again if we're ever back in Slough.

Room Tip: Inform the staff whether you're there for a good night's sleep or for a partying night out...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Fortrose, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Stayed here for a week and booked 2 rooms for staff. Did not expect much and wasn't disappointed. Room very small, toilet / shower area tiny. Toilet seat broken probably because of lack of space to carry ours basic human actions. Shower curtain inadequate resulting in entire "bathroom" flooding.
General decoration shoddy. Rooms in Herschel street side smaller than other other wing. Restaurant totally un inviting. Had breakfast the one morning. Found a pub around he corner that serve a much better breakfast for half the price!
Not the best travelodge I have stayed in.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not on Herschell street.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
London, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

The price you pay is definately reflected in the quality of your hotel. Cheap and cheerful with soft beds and grubby shower curtains. We ate dinner in the bar/cafe which was very disappointing, our burger was undercooked, we returned it and was offered another which was fine, but the food is mainly microwaved and not good quality. Breakfast was okay but nothing special. If you are having an overnight stay to visit legoland it's perfect as its only a 12 min drive from the hotel, if you don't expect luxury you won't be disappointed. Very nice receptionist on sunday evening and again on Monday morning

Folkestone, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We arrived at the hotel after a long day at LEGOLAND, the self booking in service was smart and quick, however, when we got to the room, there were cobwebs hanging from the artex on the ceiling, the bathroom was not very clean, with dusty corners/floor, dirty shower curtain it was discolored and dark around the edges -- obviously never washed.. We pulled out the bed for the children to sleep and the sofa was made up for bed but the pull out drawer did not have a mattress in so a trip down to reception as there was no phone in the room. A mattress was delivered to us eventually and then we had to make up the bed...! The noise level from other rooms was loud (music) til 10pm .... arrgh the kids had a late night to say the least.

Room Tip: No comment
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Travelodge Slough? Share your experiences!