“Good Value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Slough
Wales
“Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Stayed over night as taking parents to Windsor as it was there 57th wedding anniversary.
Stayed Club room which was lovely and comfortable. Very welcoming staff and lovely hotel close to Windsor. Emailed ahead asking for room with view of castle and adjoining if possible, which was sorted to best they could manage just 2 rooms apart. Had food in Chinese which was very good. Only negative more attention could of been made in Club Lounge I seems a policy of once it is gone it is gone!! If more had used Lounge it would of been gone quickly.
But overall enjoyable stay and would stay again.

Room Tip: Room over looking Castle was lovely and watching planes land in Heathrow.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I had seen some unfavourable reviews of this hotel before i booked but due to price we booked anyway and i have to say we were not disappointed. The staff were very friendly, they gave a professional service and were helpful at every turn. We ate at the Singaporean restaurant in the lobby and at retrouve and both were good places to eat with good standards of service and polite friendly staff. We did not use the spa/gym facilities but our friends did and they really enjoyed the pool etc. The bedrooms were spacious with climate cooling system which was a welcome relief in the hot weather. On the saturday night a lady in the corridor could not get into her room and was knocking quite loudly on her door which woke us up but i rang down to reception (5am) and they arrived within one minute to sort this out. Overall we had a great 2 nights here relaxed, were treated very well indeed in a very clean large comfortable room. The offer of many extras were available plus different pillow types, dry cleaning services, room service, WIFI etc etc highly recommend

Room Tip: We had a room on the 1st floor and the 2 of us had a room with 2 double beds. Our friends were on th...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
David F, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for placing such a lovely review of our hotel on this site.

Unfortunately most people who enjoy their stay with us do not provide feedback as it is often part of the expectation of staying in a 4 star hotel. I am pleased that the vast majority of the 8-12 thousand people per month that stay here have a stay in line or exceeding their expectations. I am also glad that some of our reviews did not deter you, as often the negative reviews whist in the main justified and provide us with feedback that allow us to review the service we provide constantly and hopefully take steps to improve could have been rectified during their stay. Such comments received during the visit can be rectified fully and allow us an opportunity to make things right. I am confident that if we received this feedback either whilst they were staying or on check out we usually always redeem ourselves.

That said, your feedback helps the team in motivating them to do better and gives pride in our jobs and allows us to demand more of ourselves knowing we are on the right path.

I am delighted that you ate in all departments and found the service good throughout and the quality of food was to your liking. I am also happy that you found your room cleanliness good and the room spacious.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Best regards

David
Newquay, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We arrived on the 19th July and checked in early to the hotel as we upgraded to one of the Business Class rooms for only an extra £10! we thought that this was a great deal as car parking was normally £6 but by upgrading £10 you get free car parking, free WIFI and a much bigger room !
The hotel itself is in a good location as we were heading to Thorpe Park the next day and was only about 20 minutes away.
We ate in the Shanghai restaurant in the hotel on a £9.99 offer which was 3 courses and the food was lovely.
would definitely recommend and stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for sparing the time in reviewing our hotel. I am delighted that your stay was such an enjoyable one.

I was particularly pleased that you enjoyed our new Business Class Rooms and found them spacious and welcoming. I am also pleased that your meal in Bugis Street was an enjoyable one.

Hopefully we will see you again very soon!

Best regards

David
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband and I booked a suite at the Copthorne in June as I was taking part in the Windsor triathlon very early the next morning. We booked a suite to take advantage of a number of benefits such as free parking, newspaper, wi-fi, lounge area and the extra living space available if my husband wanted to stay up watching tv while I got an early night.
Check-in was brief and we were directed to the 1st floor which I wasn't expecting as I had heard from reviews and elsewhere that the best rooms were on the top floors. The room was a good size, but strangely laid out in that two tvs in the room were back to back so you couldn't possibly watch the one in the living area without disturbing whoever was in bed. That said, the bed was really comfortable and the supply of dressing gowns etc. a nice touch. While checking in the receptionist did not mention a newspaper order, nor give us any information about wi-fi and when I called reception she could not confirm whether we would get a newspaper or not. I eventually went downstairs to get all the details that we needed including a keycard to access the club lounge, which should have been given to me on check-in. From what I gather from reviews, parking is free for everyone so not sure the extra benefits from an upgraded room are really worth it. The club lounge was pretty dismal with very little stock of soft drinks and we didn't see any point in spending any time there.
Overall, we slept well and had lovely showers which for me are the most important elements of a hotel. However, I think the hotel tries to provide a better service than they do by offering club\executive perks which are not really worth it.

Room Tip: Suite not really worth it in my opinion, just stay in a standard room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Maggie_Copthorne, P A to General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sparing the time to review us and for your kind comments. We actually have a junior suite on every floor so whilst you are correct in saying that our business floor is on 5 and club rooms are on 6, suites are throughout the hotel both in junior suite and executive suite configuration.
Sorry the club lounge appeared to disappoint you, I'm not sure what time you went in but it does sound as if the designated time for complimentary wine & canapes was almost over.
I do hope that you will come and stay with us again - I will be pleased to oversee your stay for you if you contact me direct.
Kindest regards and best wishes from the General Manager, Management Team and Staff at the Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor.
Morpeth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Hotel very central. Lovely inside, outside looks very dated though on the plus side could spot the building a mile off as was so distinctive. Room clean but we were in a room (108) which seemed to be located near the generators and could hear them from my room all night. Lovely breakfast in the morning. Tried to charge me £6.00 to park for 1 nights stay but when I complained they did waiver this. Overall cleand and central but in desperate need of updating.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Bridgend, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

we stayed in this hotel in May for a two day trip to lego land.
firstly they messed our room up and sent us to the wrong room.
on our second room it was horrible the temperature was dreadfully hot and hotel couldn't do anything.
we went out for food came back to go to sleep.
our two children (1 and 6) couldn't sleep and neither could me and my wife. we were tossing and turning all night we rang reception twice and told us that they would send someone up which they never did.

next day we went for breakfast and the food was average and the coffee woeful (asked them to bring fresh out and was the same)
went back to room for shower and this didn't work........ Oh dear
I complained at reception and they said the manager would be in touch.

we went to lego land but were so tired we left early. Really disappointed spoilt our last day and I decided to complain we had an email from the managers pa (not even the manager) saying that they were aware that the room was hot and sorry for the inconvenience and if we book another time we will try our best to accommodate you.
I wont be staying at a copthorne again there is a holiday inn across the road I would recommend you go there. we booked this hotel as it was 4 star which it clearly isn't!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
David F, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for your review. I am sincerely sorry that your stay was not an enjoyable one.

We value our guest's feedback and place comment forms in all our rooms, unfortunately it is not possible for me to personally respond to all guest's feedback forms and unfortunately at this time I was away on holiday myself. I discussed your comments on our guest questionnaire with my PA to ensure that we contacted you to demonstrate that we had received your comments and that we were taking action to prevent this happening to anyone else.

Obviously I am disappointed that after such a long time you placed this review without reverting back to us and would still wish to demonstrate your passion for making it right and redeeming ourselves in your eyes. Please do contact me so we can fully resolve this matter you our mutual satisfaction.

With Kind regards

Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I found this hotel to be minimally acceptable. The rooms are shabby and poorly lit, the food in the Bistro is mediocre at best (for dinner anyway) and the service there was bad. The concierge was brusque when I inquired about a place nearby to buy some necessities we had forgotten to pack. It is, however, clean, reasonably priced and staff at the reservation desk were friendly. Still, I probably will not go back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Maggie_Copthorne, P A to General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to place this review. I was concerned that there were elements of your stay that you found disappointing. I have shared your comments with our team here as they affect everyone - We are in the middle of a rolling refurbishment plan at the moment and can only imagine that the room you described is still on our 'to do' list.
I do hope that you enjoyed your trip, should you be back in our part of the world again I would be pleased to oversee your complete stay and can promise that it will be memorable for all the right reasons.
Kindest regards and best wishes from the General Manager, Management Team and staff at the Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor.

Been to Copthorne Hotel Slough - Windsor? Share your experiences!