I stayed here on business, I was surprised when I arrived to see I would have to pay £5.00 to park my car overnight. Then followed confusion over my booking which was done through work, not my fault if the broker doesn't have the right fax number. (Who still uses fax anyway?) . The receptionist was not happy to accept my copy of the booking confirmation and told me I would have to pay. I objected to this and she managed to ring the out of hours number reluctantly to confirm my booking was genuine , I noticed the lady next to me was having similar problems as the hotel had reserved two rooms for her and she had only booked one, as was the couple before me. Anyway the room was ok clean and comfortab. I was advised to book for dinner which I did and went to the restaurant, I had a drink, ordered my meal and sat back to wait for it to arrive, three minutes ,later the waiter who took my order came to enquire if my meal was ok, I told him I would let him know when it arrived, another three minutes passed and he came back and asked if I would like to order now. I smiled and told him I had done so, my meal arrived sirloin steak with string fries and "salad" this comprised of a small steak a few chips and about six leaves along with a whole tomato and mushroom. No sooner had it been place before me than guess what he came to ask if it was ok, again I politely told him I would let him know onceI had tasted it. It was ok, nothing special, I ate this having being asked twice more if it was alright . Once finished I waited for 15 minutes for so done to clear the table, I was asked if I wanted dessert and left alone for another 15 minutes which isn't so pleasant when you are a woman eating alone . I decided I would order cheese and biscuits to take back to my room, I had to go to the bar to ask for this, it duly arrived and I went to my room. As I arrived in my room the restaurant rang me to ask me to go back down as they had forgotten to get me to sign for my meal. I enquired about wifi as I had some work to do £5.00 for this. I decided against this as I already thought paying for parking was unnecessary . The hotel wasn't cheap £89.95 for the bed and breakfast, the evening meal £26.95 for something average for one person was expensive for a budget brand hotel but to charge for parking and wifi in top of this was cheeky. I would not choose to go here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Holiday Inn Slough Windsor is set in the heart of the Thames Valley, less than 20 miles from central London, convenient for the M25 and Heathrow. The hotel, located at Jct 6, M4 is near to Windsor Castle and Legoland Windsor. Add to this Eton, Ascot and Windsor Race Courses, then the hotel is the ideal base for your stay. Holiday Inn Slough Windsor offers a warm welcome, outstanding service and friendly staff. With 150 air-conditioned bedrooms, offering ensuite bath and shower, high speed internet access (chargeable), pillow menu and some rooms have a view of Windsor Castle. This friendly hotel offers Kids Stay and Eat Free and whether for breakfast or dinner, the Holiday Inn Slough Windsor s Brasserie offers a range of international cuisine or choose the Bar where light meals and snacks are available, as well as being an ideal place for informal meetings.The Holiday Inn Slough Windsor is well located for Slough Trading Estate, Thames Valley Business Parks and Green Park. The hotel has 4 meeting rooms for up to 40 delegates, all with Wireless Internet, natural daylight and air conditioning. With easy access to the M4, M25 and Heathrow, the hotel is ideal for business meetings.More guests choose the Holiday Inn Slough Windsor because we offer a Great Nights Sleep, Great Value Breakfast and Priority Club Rewards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Slough-Windsor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Slough-Windsor Hotel Slough
- Holiday Inn Windsor Berkshire
- Slough Holiday Inn