“Needs a makeover !!!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Slough
Wales, UK
“Needs a makeover !!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Have stayed here in the past as it is convenient for visiting family. Booked two rooms, asked and was given'quiet rooms'. The rooms are 'tired' and could do with a makeover. There appears to be plumbing problems at the hotel, with things like mixer taps loose, tap control buttons missing. It does not do the hotel any favours with guests seeing this.
As stated in other reviews the staff, especially at reception were efficient and pleasant and are the 'saving grace' of this hotel.
I will need to stay at this hotel in the future, I hope that the rooms will improve to the standard of other Holiday Inns i have stayed at.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
JaneySheehan, General Manager at Holiday Inn Slough-Windsor, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Thank you for your review following your stay at the Holiday Inn Slough-Windsor. I am pleased that we were able to accommodate your request for a quiet room and I appreciate your positive comments about my team. They all work hard to ensure every guest is made to feel welcome and they will happy to receive your feedback.

I am disappointed that you found that the rooms to be tired and that you had some maintenance issues with your rooms. I am not sure if you informed us of your issues whilst you were staying with as we would have arranged for maintenance to address the issues or to move rooms if appropriate.

We have recently completed a hotel refurbishment and in addition we have an ongoing bedroom maintenance programme that should address these issues and I will therefore ask maintenance to check all rooms for any similar items. Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention.

Once again I appreciate you taking the time to post your review and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Louth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Great place to stay to explore local attractions, Legoland for us. We were a party of five and required two rooms as maximum occupancy is 4 people per room, but we were offered interconnecting rooms, brilliant.

Check was quick easy and simple, the hotel was very clean, bright, modern & perhaps most importantly for us child friendly!

The hotel was easy to find straight off the duel carriage way and approx 4 miles from legoland.

Just one hiccup during our stay, at breakfast, there was an internal error and we had to pay for what was meant to be a complimentary breakfast, however we queried this at reception and they were very apologetic and refunded us immediately.

The only improvement would be for them to increase table sizes again could only accommodate a family of 4, but that’s a small detail.

Parking was an additional £5 per night.

Overall great hotel, comfy beds, quiet and great breakfast available, would stay here again and recommend others do the same!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Slough-Windsor and that you would be happy to recommend our hotel. The team work very hard to ensure that all guests have a great stay and they will appreciate your kind words.

As you mention the hotel is ideally located for local attractions such as Legoland, Windsor Castle and Eton. Public transport into London is also close by, as is the motorway network, making the hotel a good base if you want to combine your stay with a trip to see the sights in London.

I am sorry that you had an issue regarding your breakfast but I am pleased that the team resolved the issue quickly and efficiently.

Once again we thank you for your feedback, as a team we do appreciate it and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Dundee, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed on a Saturday in a family room, prior to visiting Legoland, which is only a 10 minute drive away.
Clean, tidy, modern enough hotel with helpful and friendly staff.
On arrival we asked about dinner in the restaurant but was told it was booked up until 8:30pm, so had dinner in the downstairs bar are which was good enough, but the restaurant was no way near full that evening. They must limit the tables based on the availability of staff.

Breakfast was the standard 'eat all you can' buffet, which was as expected and good enough.
We thought this was a good value hotel, and would stay again if we were in the area.

Only complaint would be regards the sleep quality - the mattress on our double bed needed replaced. The 'roll together' was so bad it was like sleeping in a large hammock!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
JaneySheehan, General Manager at Holiday Inn Slough-Windsor, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time and effort to post your review, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the team to be friendly and helpful. They all work very hard to try and ensure a great stay for every guest and they will appreciate your kind words.

I am sorry that you had some concerns about the sleep quality and I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I will ask Housekeeping to check the mattresses and replace as required.

I am pleased that you thought the Holiday Inn Slough-Windsor was a good value hotel and that you would be happy to stay with us again. Once again thank you for your kind review and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Rural Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Hardware (building, etc) is as expected at this level. My room did not benefit from very good sound insulation. Especially peaks in road noise and occasional noises from other rooms could be heard, it was acceptable but there is certainly better on the market, even at this price level. Some of the hardware (bathroom, etc) was outdated and/or due an upgrade. But overall the 'hardware' meets the standard for this kind of property.

Staff, however, are EXCELLENT. Very attentive service in the restaurant (sometimes a bit too attentive - Guys, try not to ask "how things are" when the lone diner is chewing food!!!). Reception staff were very courteous and helpful in dealing with any questions I threw at them. When I left, one of the staff working downstairs (car park level) interrupted her (training / instruction) conversation with another member of staff to walk over to the door of the garage, open it for me and - with a broad smile - thank me for staying - see you again.....

The people in this place treat you as a Guest - I certainly hope to stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
JaneySheehan, General Manager at Holiday Inn Slough-Windsor, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time and effort to post your review following your stay at the Holiday Inn Slough-Windsor.

I really appreciate your positive comments about the team, they all work very hard to make a difference, ensuring that all guests have a great stay and to receive such positive feedback is very motivating for them. I will however feedback your comments to the restaurant team! The team understands that guests have a choice of where to stay and do they try to go that extra mile.

I note your comments regarding the hardware and will feed this back to the maintenance team.

Once again thank you for your great review and we look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in the area.
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed at the Holiday Inn for 2 night over the weekend of my nieces 21st Birthday, we found the hotel to be clean, comfortable and the staff outstanding. There were a few minor glitches, but problems were solved quickly and efficiently, with a genuine smile and warmth.
Nothing was ever too much trouble for anyone and each and every member of staff were exceptional and should be praised to the highest.
I found the breakfast to be outstanding, but would have liked a more varied choice in the main meals and nibbles section of the menu, which I incidentally found to be a little on the pricey side for the size of the meals available.
Other than that small criticism, I am over the moon with my stay and will, not maybe but definitely, be staying at this hotel again and would highly recommend it to family and friends.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone at the hotel for making our stay a happy memorable affair.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd and 4th floor in the main and found them to be of top quality and standard.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind review following your niece’s birthday party. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Slough-Windsor and that you found the hotel to be clean, comfortable and the staff outstanding. The team work really hard to achieve a warm and friendly atmosphere in the hotel and I am really delighted by your comments. Such positive feedback means a lot to the team.

I am delighted that you found the breakfast to be outstanding and I appreciate your comments about the main meals, I will certainly discuss this with my Head Chef.

I am pleased that you are happy to recommend the hotel and that you will definitely come and stay with us when you are next in the area. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Lincoln, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Even though I'd asked for quiet room when booking, I was still put next to the lift, so not a good start. But the friendly and polite staff had changed my room without a problem. The room was clean and large, but the bathroom was out of date with a marble effect sink that was scratched to pieces, toliet rolls hidden away under the sink that took a while to find, and the toilet flush was over the bath! The built in hair dryer was ancient. The room did have its own air-conditioning unit was was fairly quite. But the bathroom extractor never shut off and was noisy enough to keep waking me throughout the night.
The bar was comfortable and had a couple of large sofas. No cask ale, but did do bottled Bombadier & London Pride.
We ate dinner in the hotel restaurant as the receptionist did not recommend anywhere to eat in Slough, unless we wanted fast food. Instead she recommended Windsor, but we couldn't be bothered to get a taxi so ate in. The restaurant menu hardly differed from the bar menu. I had the tandori 'sizzling' chicken an my colleague had Reggie chicken. The portions were not huge, but were tasty.
The gym is just a room with a treadmill, cycle, rowing machine and a few dumbells; adequate for my needs.
Breakfast was ok.
Overall there are better Holiday Inns in the locality. This one still needs some work unfortuately and I won't be returning in a hurry

Room Tip: take ear plugs
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and I pleased that you found the staff to be friendly and polite. I was disappointed to read that you did not have an enjoyable stay with us as it is our aim for all guests to have a great stay.

The hotel is located close to both Windsor and Slough and there is a greater variety of restaurant in Windsor and therefore we generally recommend that guest travel into Windsor rather than Slough if they are looking to dine outside the hotel. I am pleased that you found your meals to be tasty but I was disappointed that the portions were not huge and I will share your comments regarding portion size with my Head Chef.

I note your comments regarding the toilet roll and the flush and although we do have signage in the bathroom detailing the location of such items I will certainly review this signage in response to your feedback to see if this can be improved. I can also confirm that as part of the bedroom refurbishment we have now installed new hairdryers in all the bedrooms.

As I said I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay and I appreciate you taking the time to feedback about your experience as this allows as to address the points you highlight. I do hope that you will stay with us when you are next in the area.
Horsham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Overall, the hotel is very clean and the staff polite and friendly. Unfortunatly of course, were small technical problems such as sink looks very dilapidated and water tap there working like as that you have to be a great wit to had wash yourself. Although the hotel page was written that a multi-million improvement already held, probably lacked a little bit .
Nothing bad to say about the breakfast, everything was excellent. The choice and quality of food is such that many of the hotels above the rating could learn from the experience. Good location in the event that you are driving, just around the corner is exit to motorway, but if you are on foots, then walk to the train or bus station takes your about 15-20min and it's 1.5 mile away, in this case of mobilities right at the station where is another Holiday inn express, standard room for 10 pounds more expensive, but you will save on taxi,in the first place, or if you do not like walking or you hurry.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to feedback about your stay, we appreciate receiving feedback from guests, both positive and negative to ensure that we continue to deliver the highest standards. I am pleased that you found the staff to be polite and friendly and as you say the Holiday Inn Slough-Windsor is ideally located for local attractions, access to London and the motorway network.

I was particularly pleased to read your comments regarding breakfast, we offer a wide selection of fruits, yogurts, cereals, croissants, muffins, toast and preserves, as well as the hot buffet which makes a great start to the day and I am delighted you found the breakfast to be excellent in choice and quality. I will ensure I feedback your comments to the breakfast team.

Thank you once again for your positive comments and we look forwarding to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Been to Holiday Inn Slough-Windsor? Share your experiences!