“Had everything we needed.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #9 of 21 hotels in Slough
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Had everything we needed.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

The hotel was central for our recent trip to Windsor and Legoland. We have not stayed at a Holiday Inn before and were quite impressed. We booked a room with two queen beds, there was lots of space in the room and in the bathroom. The room was very clean and the beds were comfortable, there was selection of hard and soft pillows which I thought was a nice touch.
The hotel staff were friendly and polite.
The breakfast was good providing you went early.
There is plenty of car parking but there is a charge of £5 per day. The car park was secure with on site security.

Room Tip: Go for breakfast before 8am.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
JaneySheehan, General Manager at Holiday Inn Slough-Windsor, responded to this review, April 20, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to feedback about your recent stay, we appreciate your posititve comments about the hotel and I will ensure that they are passed back to the staff.

We are pleased that your enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

437 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Daventry, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

Very average hotel in terms of location, cleanliness, furnishings etc

Would not recommend for the following reasons:
- No free parking
- Food & drink grossly overpriced (eg £12 for a burger in the bar)
- Popular with families due to proximity to Legoland so children running about in bar & restaurant & woken to loud children in corridor & outside
- And then the big one - NO HOT WATER. Fairly basic requirement for a hotel but staff could not even say when it would be working again.

Not usual Holiday Inn standard, even Expresses generally better than this. Avoid!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
JaneySheehan, General Manager at Holiday Inn Slough-Windsor, responded to this review, April 15, 2011
Thank you for feeding back about your stay here at the hotel and I am sorry that the lack of hot water spoilt your visit. Regretably one of our boilers tripped out on Sunday morning. The reason why the staff were unable to tell you when the hot water would be available was because they were awaiting the Maintenance Engineer to arrive to restart the boiler as they were unfortuately unable to get it to restart. I offer my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you.

I am sorry that you feel our food prices in the bar are high and I will ensure that your comments are passed to our Group Food & Beverage Manager who coordinates our menus.

I am also sorry that you feel that our parking costs are high, however our charges are one of the lowest of the hotels within the area.

If you wish to discuss any of your comments further please feel free to contact me at the hotel.
sheperdbush -london
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

The staff at reception both day and night were very unhelpful and rude. "What do you want now. I am busy. The night staff looked as though he had just woken up. I will definitely not stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to feedback about your recent stay. I am sorry that you feel that the reception team were unhelpful and I am disappointed with the experience you received. I will pass on your feedback to my Front Office Manager so he can debrief his team on your comments and they work to improve the guest interaction.
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2011

Super. Clean, efficient and exactly what we were looking for. Only a short distance from Legoland. Def recommend.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for your positive comments about the hotel and I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.
Eastleigh, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2011

I stay a lot at this hotel, becasue it boosts my Prioirity Club Points and it is right next to my office, that is the only reason. This hotel is very overpriced, very outdated and never a four star. They charge a lot for Parking and Internet. It really is in desperate need of a facelift. The food is below average and the other night my chicken was raw, i tend not to eat here as this has been the case several times. The staff always look utterly peeved. The breakfast is a poor affair. As with other hotels in this area they are grossly overpriced and of very poor quality, they are certainly not reflective in price. The gym is tiny and in the basement and cannot hold more than three people at a push. There is no heating in the rooms and they have air heaters on the wall which are filthy, they make me feel ill and they sound like a vacuum cleaner when running. The showers always go from the temperature you like to scalding hot every few seconds, so it is impossible to have a relaxing shower to wash away the days stress, it just makes you more stressed. It is well worth going 2 miles down the road to Windsor, where you will get a lot more for your buck. If you have to stay in Slough stay in Windsor...

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to feedback about your stays at the hotel. I am very sorry to hear about your experiences in our restaurant and I have debriefed both my Head Chef and Food & Beverage Manager regarding your comments. I do hope that you raised these issues with the Duty Manager at the time so they could address any concerns you had during your stay.

I am however pleased to be able to advise you that our restaurant will be refurbished in May 2011 and the bedroom refurbishment, including the replacement of the air conditioning units, will commence in late 2011.

Please contact me at the hotel I would be more than happy to discuss the points you raise in greater detail especially as you are a frequent guest
Exeter, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2011

We used this hotel for the night before our flight from Heathrow. The location, just off the M4 is useful and surprisingly quiet. It feels like an express hotel - with standard (smallish) size rooms with average TV and furnishng. There is a bar and restaurant that we did not use, so cannot comment on those. There is no mini-bar in the room. Reception staff were pleasant and efficient. We did not like the cost of parking - a flat fee of £5 not internet access - approx £7 for 45 minutes - thisi is the 21st century - get with it. I also did not like that the complimentary shampoo is low quality detergent in a big bottle stuck to the wall -felt cheap. They dd supply a small bar of soap - thank goodnes the squirty stuff is not good for my skin.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for positive comments regarding the hotel and staff. We appreciate you taking the time to feedback about your stay and I will share your comments with my team.

I am sorry that you do not like the Dove and Lux products we use in our bathrooms, however we do have a supply of other toiletries in reception which are available on request.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2010

We stayed at the Holiday Inn for one night to attend a party in Slough. I was surprised at the cleanliness and friendly staff at the hotel, as some of the reviews I read were a bit negative.
We were greeted by a nice receptionist, although her english was sometimes difficult to understand, the supervisor or manager was on hand and she was very helpful and arranged a taxi for us.
The rooms were very spacious and clean, and the bed was the most comfortable I have slept in, in a hotel in England. I cannot comment about the food as the breakfast for £13,50 was we thought a bit expensive expensive, a good full english breakfast was obtained at the local Weatherspoons, coulden't find anywhere else for £4 a head.
All in all excellent value for money and the parking was only £5 instead of the usual £10

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay at the hotel. I was pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay, your room was clean and the staff were friendly and I will ensure that I share your comments with my team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Been to Holiday Inn Slough-Windsor? Share your experiences!