We stayed one night in a family room before getting a flight the next morning. We had a great deal with Purple Parking which included one night b&b and a meet and great at the airport. This meant that on the morning of our flight we checked out and drove to the terminal where we dropped the car off so we missed the queues for the airport shuttle. We also had overnight parking at the hotel included in our price.
As for the hotel, location wise it's perfect for Heathrow, just off the M4, junction 5. Our room was large enough for four of us, even though the children were on a fold out sofa bed. The double bed was comfortable and we had a great night's sleep. All the usual facilities were in the room, except for a bath and no free wifi - this really annoys me, this day and age it should be free.
We didn't eat in the restaurant in the evening, but the prices were on the high side, which was a bit baffling as there's a Marks and Spencer food hall in the garage opposite. Beer was around £4 a pint and you can't put it on your room tab. Breakfast was very bland, poor selection of hot food and as the hotel was very busy it was a free for all in the restaurant.
Overall, we'd probably stay here again, but only for future flights out of Heathrow. We wouldn't stay here for any other reason though.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express London-Heathrow t5 Hotel Slough
- Holiday Inn Express London-Heathrow t5 Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Heathrow terminal 5 hotel is ideally located close to the major motorways - M4, M25, M40 - providing easy access from all directions. The Holiday Inn Express London Heathrow T5 is well positioned for touring the local tourist attractions such as Windsor and its historic Castle, Henley and the theme parks at Legoland and Thorpe Park. For sporting or concert enthusiasts, Twickenham Rugby Stadium and the Wembley Stadium and Wembley Arena are within easy reach. The Holiday Inn Express London Heathrow is just 4 miles from terminal 5 and the official shuttle service operates regularly to\from the terminals 1\2\3\5. (Tickets £4.00 for adults. One child aged 5 years to 15 years can travel free with every fare paying adult. Travel is free for children aged under 5 years.) The hotel near Windsor (and Slough) has 300 en-suite bedrooms, a choice of dining options including air conditioned guest lounge\bar and a fitness room. Onsite parking available (charge applies) and throughout the hotel there's wireless internet access (fee payable). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Holiday Inn Express London - Heathrow T5 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.