“Ignore the building, the service makes up for it” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Homestead Court Hotel - Welwyn Garden City

You added BEST WESTERN Homestead Court Hotel - Welwyn Garden City to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Homestead Court Hotel - Welwyn Garden City
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Homestead Lane, Welwyn Garden City AL7 4LX, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 50% off stays!
Walsall, England, United Kingdom
“Ignore the building, the service makes up for it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Had to have a one night stay for business in welwyn a few weeks ago and the only hotel I could get into was the BestWestern. I did have a quick look at recent reviews and some pictures and had to confess contemplating sleeping in my car instead.. However put aside the fact the hotel looks like a converted 1950's council building, it's in the middle of a council estate and without sat nav I fear you would never find it I have to give this full marks. The room I had was small but spotlessly clean, the bathroom was good with a great shower and the bar meal I had was good value and very good quality. ALL the staff were really nice and even though the hotel was full the service was quick and courteous. A lesson to all of us that travel a lot, before you decide to kip in your car, give it a try and if the service is good and the place is clean you can't go wrong. When next in welwyn I'll definitely be booking a room here again..

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Andrew B, Manager at BEST WESTERN Homestead Court Hotel - Welwyn Garden City, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time in responding on trip advisor
I'm glad that you did not have to spend the night in your car
and instead took the opportunity of staying at the hotel.
I'm pleased that you found the food and service to your liking
and am delighted that you will consider returning to us when you visit Welwyn garden city again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

As a business woman travelling alone I found the hotel very comfortable, and I was happy to sit in the lounge area. the staff were very friendly and professional and could not have been more kind and helpful. The food was well priced and arrived promptly. I will certainly be staying again on my next trip to the area.

Room Tip: Book an executive room
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for responding on tripadvisor
I am pleased as a woman alone on business you found the hotel
friendly and accommodating and the food excellent
I hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel again in the not too distant future
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I agree with some of the comments made below with regards to the unprofessional manner of the manager. We had the same sort of rudeness when we visited a few months ago. Uncommunicative, abrupt and not the sort of person I want to deal with when visiting a hotel on business or for pleasure. The hotel is OK, I wouldn't visit again, no point discussing other points as the rudeness is enough to put anyone off. Having worked in the industry myself it's actually far easier to be polite to people and just friendly..ho hum...No wi-fi, although advertised. Just not particularly professional or, more importantly, personable on just a human level.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time in responding on tripadvisor
I don't know who you are referring to is regards to the manager
certainly we try to assist in accommodate all the requirements of our guest
we have in the past have had some problems with our Internet connection
but I am glad to say that this has now been rectified
I hope that you might give us another try and with this in mind I hope to welcome back to the hotel in the not too distant future
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Stayed for one night in may and in 2013 both times very good, didn't eat but the hotel is clean and tidy, room was excellent. Didn't eat but Will return.
Staff were helpful as we checked in early and wasn't a problem

Thank you for taking the time in responding on tripadvisor
I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay's and will be returning again soon
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I phoned up twice before our stay to make sure we had early check in ,which was vital as we were going to a festival that day, we needed somewhere to get ready and would not be back until after midnight.
On arrival the man at the desk seemed confused they had not noted that we wanted early check in said we must have had been confused with check out time at 1. they had no rooms ready.
We then explained we were not 'confused' wed phoned up prestay twice was told it was fine and why we needed to check in early.

They sorted the room out for us after a long wait. While we waited to check in many other people arrived wanted to do the same they had the same problem.

Being the first to arrive our room were sorted first but while he was serving us he was also serving other people behind while we were trying to pay and ask questions.
He was extremely rude to us!
He could not tell us anything about late checkout or giving us extra room keys.
Dismissed every question we had.
He told us to ask when we arrived back in after out festival. (When we did we had really answer about late checkout or extra room key).

We finally got in the room it was clean and spacious, nothing to complain about there.
Had tea, coffee, hot chocolate and biscuits. Beds were comfortable. Bathroom was clean. Plenty of pillows. It was a nice hotel room!

We got ready had showers, hair makeup, the works as women this took a while.
As we set off to leave we noticed the people that were trying to check in the same time as us were just getting to their rooms! Super incovenant if they wanted to get the the festival in time.

We then bumped into them later in the day and they had the same complaints as us, it made them late to the festival missing the first bands.

We arrived back to the hotel around 3am. They didn't mind. So no trouble there.
But they still shouldn't tell us if we had late check out. The man at the desk just literally shrugged and said 'just leave when ever i guess don't know if you'll have to pay for it or not'

As we had no real answer about late checkout we left at around half 12 instead if 11 and it was okay. Didn't have to pay extra.

Desk staff were rude upon check out also.

In Other notes, the parking outside was free, the setting is quite nice.

Just an average hotel stay would have been better without the rudeness.

We might be young people (22) but we are still paying customers.
Had the feeling we had been an older couple we would have been treated with more respect.

Thank you for taking the time in responding on tripadvisor
I have read your comments with regards to an early checking on Saturday
we always try to accommodate as many guests as possible but obviously we have to
wait for our previous guests the night before to check out, checkout time is 11 AM
and therefore it is not always possible to arrange early checking for guests arriving for events such as yours. It appears that we were able to accommodate your requests which I am pleased about. I I was however disappointed you felt my reception team were rude, I think as far as the late checkout was concerned they were unsure whether they were going to be able to accommodate you for a late checkout as we had many arrivals again the next day and were in fact full but they did not want to have to disappoint you. Perhaps they should have made a decision either way.
I am glad however that you found the accommodation comfortable and I hope that we might be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future
Scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

No complaints about room, food or staff apart from the unprofessional behaviour of the Manager.
He conducted a heated debate at Reception with our Tour guide in front of guests about the timing of our evening meal, making us guests feel very guilty about something which was out- with our control.
Having been a Manager myself I know that issues of this kind should be aired in private and not in front of paying guests .

Thank you for taking the time in responding on tripadvisor
and and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel
with regards to your comments relating to the manager
I believe it was only ascertaining the meal times for her group
which is changed regularly sadly due to heavy traffic when returning from trips
and many of the group asked that they might be able to eat a little earlier
which we hope to oblige.
I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel sometime in the future
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

I stayed here for a conference for five nights. The room was spacious with two double beds, a sitting area and desk for work. Great shower with bath. The room was nicely decorated with modern decor. The restaurant facilities were good with a large selection of food types at both breakfast and lunch. The swimming pool and the surrounding bar area were a pleasant place to relax. Overall a great hotel for a business or leisure stay

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time in responding on trip advisor
and I am pleased that you enjoyed the food
and make use of the nearby leisure facility
I hope that we will welcome you back to the hotel sometime in the near future

Been to BEST WESTERN Homestead Court Hotel - Welwyn Garden City? Share your experiences!