“seemed abit rushed” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Welwyn Garden City ASK Italian restaurant is found in the very heart of the town and is popular dining destination amongst families and groups of friends. The a la carte menu is extensive and features a good range of authentic stone baked pizzas as well as a delicious array of pasta dishes, from crayfish, crab and smoked salmon ravioli to a classic homemade lasagne. Those with a sweet tooth will love the dessert list, especially the Chocolate Nemesis, a delicious chocolate pudding filled with hot chocolate sauce and served with vanilla ice cream. Forming part of the highly successful ASK Italian restaurant franchise, this Welwyn Garden City outlet offers a casual and affordable dining experience.
“seemed abit rushed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

The meal its-self was nice, but i felt very rushed, soon as i had finished my meal my plate was taken away and the bill brought straight to me. It wasnt busy being a saturday daytime.

Visited May 2012

London, United Kingdom
“Good value Italian from a chain”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Nice staff, good food and great value for money. When we mentioned that the rocket salad was in fact spinach ,which actually was very nice too they offered us puddings free of charge

Visited July 2012
Hertfordshire
“Mother's day - not a good experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I attended last on mother's day 2011. It was a disaster and i have not returned since. I had previously visited numerous times and generally had had an average time.
One my last visit (considering it was mothers day) the waitress was rude and spoke as i was still taking off my coat and sitting down so i never did catch the specials quickly reiterated in a foreign accent I barely understood even when paying full attention. I went with my two sons and my partner.
The main course tasted okay but when we ask for the dessert menu was told that the kitchen was now closed.
I did have words which lead to an verbal argument between myself and the waitress.

Not a place to go for special occasion (was a last minute decision arrangement by my partner) maybe for a quick lunch or dinner it would be sufficient. I would not return to this branch, but would probably give another branch a go.

• Visited April 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Luton, United Kingdom
“Always good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

As usual ASK delivers, good service and good food who can ask for more, it's always nice to find that a chain of restaurants can consistently bring up the standards no matter which branch you enter.

Visited March 2012
Hertfordshire
“Ask is good quality at a reasonable price all over the Uk”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

I have visited many locations of ask and the food is always good at a reasonable price.They change the menu choice and its not just pasta that they do,some of their other dishes such as fish is very good.Check the menu choice online before you go and always look for their vouchers on line

Visited June 2012