“Wish we lived here!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Madeira Beach, Florida
“Wish we lived here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

My husband and I were in town for the Christmas holidays. My in-laws live in Timperley and rave about Yara. So we booked a table for our 3 year wedding anniversary. The food was amazing. So fresh tasting. The flavours were spectacular. We live in America and I would say the food is similar to Greek food here. We wish we could go more often as there was so much we want to try on the menu.

I would say our particular server wasn't spectacular but it didn't damper our experience. Over the years I've learned to lower my service quality expectations while in the UK :)

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Relaxing atmosphere, great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

This evening I went to Yara with my parents and their friends. We had a really lovely time catching up over the meal time. The restaurant had recently been refurbished, so it's brighter and more spacious, with two seating areas downstairs. It's all very clean and there's a nice atmosphere there. The staff are friendly and obliging. The food is extremely tasty, as the spice combinations work well together. I ate a mixture of starter dishes, including falafel (light and crispy), humous (smooth and sweet) and pitta bread, followed by a delicious salmon fillet with rice. I really recommend these choices, although everyone else at the table was very pleased with their orders too. We didn't have any complaints about the food. The only slight problem is that service is a little on the slow side. We were there for over 2 and a half hours. It was fine because we weren't in a rush, but I'm not sure it's the kind of place for a quick, light meal. It's the ideal location for a relaxed meal, perhaps for a special occasion. Although the tables are not round, you can still talk to everyone on the table easily of you're with a larger party, as it's not too noisy in the background.

Food: :)
Hygiene: :)
Atmosphere: :)
Service: :/

Altrincham, United Kingdom
“Tasty...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

A great palce for an informal dinner. Unfortunately, the extension hasn't enhanced the whole experience - however, I use Yara on a weekly basis for takeaways and the food is fantastic. Always met by friendly staff. Highly recommended, but still think the Aladdin in Withington, whilst having a more basic decor is more authentic.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Altrincham, United Kingdom
“Great meal once again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Went to the new yara, haven't been there since it had the Renovation. Spicy chicken wings for starters, followed by Lamb chops for main course. Great atmosphere and was very busy.

“Excellent value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

Went on last Sat before Xmas. The service was a little slow, but an extra starter was tipped up in lieu of this. Food was well presented and comp pitta breads were a nice touch. Had ice cream for afters and was surprised that it was very good rather than just good. Paid £45 for 3 courses, allowed to bring own wine and charged just £1 for corkage

Visited December 2013