“unbelievably pushy madam” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Warrington, United Kingdom
“unbelievably pushy madam”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

food was ok. standard chinese, higher than normal prices. however the entertainment is provided by presumably the owner. she rushes around sweeping any empty plate away as the last mouthful is still on your fork/chop stick. Is very exhausting, really was terrified to eat. Staff also looked terrified. only the once, not again.

Visited September 2013

67% Recommend
Holmes Chapel, United Kingdom
“What a disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I have visited this restaurant a few times over the years and would always rate it as average.Recently I had a bad experience dining early one evening with a friend.
The dim sum platter was fine. One of the main courses a sizzling beef dish was really not good. It was tasteless. I called the waiter over who said he would get the manager. After 15 mins when we had finished our other dish I called one of the waitresses over and said I was waiting for the manager. she replied that it was his evening off and she would have come over sooner but I was talking to my guest. She then told me that the chef had been using the same recipe for many years ( I suspect the same brand of cantonese sauce) and was insistent that there was nothing wrong with it. Reluctantly after some time she took this dish off the bill. I would actually have preferred that she had acted quickly and offered us a replacement dish.
I doubt I will visit here again intentionally.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Seafood Dim Sum The Best !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Brilliant food. I would go as far to say this is probably the best Chinese restaurant in the area.
Bit pricey but well worth a visit.

Visited April 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Amazing Food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Me, family and friends, eat in Man Zen regularly, and I cannot think of a more excellent Chinese restaurant. We went last week and the staff are very friendly and tentative. The food was as excellent as it always is, we had prawn crackers to start and some exquisite ham and cheese rolls, spring rolls and sesame seed toast. We then had on the table some chicken fried rice, egg fried rice, chips, chicken foo yung, sweet and sour chicken, chow mein. All of this food was absolutely fantastic. would recommend Man Zen for any occasion.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Altrincham, United Kingdom
“Good food in the heart of Hale Village.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

When you are in the mood for Chinese food, this place is up there with the best!

The staff can be friendly, can be hit and miss to be honest but the food is excellent. Prices are average so you will not be ripped off for the quality of food you receive.

• Visited June 2013