“Review of the moss!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
“Review of the moss!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Staff are very friendly, especially Matthew, he helped me out alot. As a regular the atmoshprere was quiet for a change. The music being played definitely needs changing. Very boring and sleepy! Please update ASAP! P.s I like the hand dryers.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hayley C, Manager at The Moss Trooper, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
im glad you had a pleasant experience with us! I have passed your compliments onto Matt. Youll be glad to know our cd has now been changed to a bit more up tempo! Hope to see you soon, thanks for the comments.

“Moss trooper”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

This pub has gone down hill slightly because I came across a white subtance on back of woman's toilet ,the food is great the pub is clean towards others in area ,and it came to my attention that the supervisor on the night was eating at the end of the bar that I found unprofessional otherwise ,great service other than that it a great pub great ales loving the new menu

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hayley C, Manager at The Moss Trooper, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
thank you for taking the time to bring these concerns to my attention, we have taken into account your review and would like to assure you the toilets are checked regulary and the staff have been made aware that they cannot eat at the bar . We hope you will join us again soon and have passed your compliments onto the chefs!
Altrincham
“Great food, terrible service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I'm sorry I can't give more stars as the food was great, but the service terrible. We arrived, just before time for our 8pm table. At 8.45pm my husband went to the bar and asked for someone to take our order. It was Friday and the bar was busy, but there didn't seem to be that many people eating. The three courses, when they eventually arrived, were good quality and great value for money. But the evening was spoilt by constantly having to go to the bar to ask for service, cutlery, drinks, a missing dessert, a missing coffee and the long wait both before and between courses. It needed someone to take responsibility for the dining area, with an overall view of what was happening. This was sadly lacking and it's a pity as this could now be a great place to eat.

Visited April 2013
Hayley C, General Manager at The Moss Trooper, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thankyou for taking the time to bring this to my attention. I can only apologise for the way your dining experience went with us and can assure you it is not a regular occurrence. I have spoken to the staff on shift this specific evening, and intend on reiterating our customer service and overall awareness at our next staff meeting.
I hope you will return to dine with us so we can restore some faith in your custom.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

16 of us turned up on a Monday afternoon at around 4.30pm. The staff quickly put a table together for us and couldnt have been more helpful. The food was excellent, no complaints at all. The bill was around £160 including a couple of drinks each. Excellent.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hayley C, General Manager at The Moss Trooper, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write a review and I'm glad that the staff were helpful in assisting your large party! i have passed your comments onto them and we hope you continue to dine with us at The Moss Trooper!!
Altrincham, United Kingdom
“Good food for a local pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Good food and service on a busy Friday evening... Lovely atmosphere in busy neighbourhood pub, and staggering distance to home. Keeps getting better...

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thanks for your comments - we're pleased you're enjoying the Moss Trooper! I look forward to seeing you again soon and your comments have been passed onto the team!