“Cracking restaurant.” 5 of 5 stars

336 MANCHESTER RD | TIMPERLEY, Altrincham, England
Improve this listing
Ranked #60 of 115 restaurants in Altrincham
Cuisines: Indian
Description: our excellent local indian : friendly staff and good fresh ingredients. a better experience than many others. Been going there for years
“Cracking restaurant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

Excellent service and beautiful food. The best Indian restaurant in altrincham by far!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

61% Recommend
“Suburb food as usual”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012 via mobile

Supurb authentic food as per usual, nice atmosphere and friendly staff

Aberdare, United Kingdom
“One of the best I've ever been to”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

We were/are (still here until Sunday as I type this) staying in a local hotel and weren't sure what we fancied to eat. So glad we turned left out of the hotel and found this place doors away. Tired and looking tad scruffy after long day in work, we were made to feel very welcome as soon as we walked through the door. Lovely staff, welcomed us to our table straight away, menu was fantastically laid out and every item was well explained, too well in fact, as this meant I fancied everything on the menu. My fiance ordered the 'Changa Chilli Duck & Mushroom' and I ordered the 'Chicken Tikka Karahi Mossalla'. The food arrived and WOW, it looked beautiful, you know when you see professionally edited photographs of food? It looked just like that and contrary to a previous reviewers experience, it was piping hot, cooked to perfection. Flavours and spices perfectly balanced which if you've ever attempted to make these dishes at home you'll know that's a difficult task. The dishes we chose had a kick, especially the duck dish, but were beautifully tasty, full of flavour.
The service was fantastic, there with perfect timing when you needed something without being pushy and making you feel you were being watched.
As it was so good and there's so much more I fancy on the menu, we'll be talking our colleagues into joining us again before we leave in a few days.

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
manchester
“left a very happy and full diner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

The staff are so polite and friendly, and very welcoming fabulous services. The restaurant was getting busy but at no point did I feel forgotten. the food was fast and excellent. Average prices, and good portion sizes I left a very happy diner.
Highly recommend.
Parking can be a bit of an issue as on a busy road but there is a pub with a large parking area less then a minutes walk away.... look forward to my next meal there.

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Average Indian Restaurant - most defiantly not the best!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

From the outside, this restaurant actually looks quite good! Nice and big with adequate parking in front and to the side of the venue.
It is based on a busy main road - so extra care is needed when leaving the side street (i advise waiting for the traffic lights to change to red).

Anyway, onto the experience. Not that great for this place I am afraid. We did get a nice welcome and didn't wait too long for a table. However the waiter that had been allocated to us did not know much about table service at all.
Twice we had plates of food removed from under out noses whilst eating. It seems this place do not allow you to rest your knife and fork whilst chewing your food!
I also wanted to save some popadom for my main meal, however the waiter insisted on taking the bits i had left before delivering the main meal. After requesting he left it for me, he took the plate the popadom was on the second i lifted it to take another bite.

The Main corse arrived "warm" not hot and there was way too much excess grease / fat in the curry. On a positive note, there was more than enough rice for two people in a single bowl and the bread was nice too.

My final gripe was with payment. We wanted to split the bill across two cards, however they wanted to charge an extra £1.50 per card to do this. I have NEVER had this problem anywhere else!

• Visited December 2011