“2nd time in 3 weeks” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 7 Altrincham B&B and Inns
Bradford, United Kingdom
“2nd time in 3 weeks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Stayed b4 we went on holiday everything was lovely Sharon and David are lovely people made very welcome nice good breakfast ,went we got back from holiday we stayed for breakfast left the car at the farm which was great.liked it that much just been again over night for a shopping trip to knutsford and hale

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Great breakfast and very comfy beds, had to get out of in the morning! Also, you can expect all the care you need. I have stayed here for a few times now and find myself coming back. It's honestly a great place to spend the night and Sharon will always have recommendations if you look for e.g. a place to eat out.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Peterborough, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying at Birtles Farm on 2nd September , we only stayed one night but we were made so welcome . The room was more than comfortable , the subtle décor , the original features of the farm , the wooden beams and latches on the doors. Sharon was such a excellent hostess , we were provided with a scrumptious breakfast , she even catered for my husband who is vegetarian . If anyone is looking for accommodation I would thoroughly recommend staying at Birtles

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

As I approached this bed and breakfast I was unsure whether or not I had arrived at the right place. You follow a long cobbly path down to approach a farm, hay stacks, horses etc. However at the end was this beautiful country house with original features such as wooden beams, original fire places. The house was full of character and lovely warm. Despite being an old house, our room was still very modern, and even had duck goose down duvets which were very comfortable.

Sharon was very accommodating, and showed us around the guest room which you are able to sit in if you wish to. Breakfast the next morning was also very lovely.

My only negative feelings towards this place are as follows:
- It can be a little uncomfortable trying to get hold of someone if you cant see anyone around, I found myself knocking on a few doors!

- The private bathroom was down the landing so felt a little uncomfortable at times walking to this. I was also unsure how private this was, whether it was for our room or all guests, as whilst we were in our bedroom we did hear someone enter and use this "private" room.

-Attention to detail. There were a couple of things missing, for example no spoons to stir hot drinks in the room, and no toilet roll in the bathroom- slightly awkward!

Other than those few thoughts, this bed and breakfast is a lovely place to stay, it's right next to Tatton Park which is great, but out in the country so nice and quiet :) I found it great value for money.

If you also like dogs, there are quite a few friendly ones on the farm who love a play and cuddle!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for one night, I work nearby at Manchester Airport and after a long, tiring, B Hol weekend arriving here was a joy. My room was beautiful, contemporary colours and decor mixed with quaint, cottagy features. Sharon was lovely, I explained I was tired (I arrived quite late) and was quickly led to my room, given an overview of features, facilities then left alone to enjoy one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in!
Fully refreshed next morning, I was treated to a leisurely breakfast with lots of choice and truly the tastiest bacon I have ever had! Free wifi too! Probably one of the most relaxing and cosy nights accommodation I've ever had and thats from 1000's+ all over the world! x

• Stayed August 2013
Leicester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Just stayed for one night but what a first rate place to stay. Sharon is absolutely charming and prepares a first rate breakfast. As others have said, this is an old building - 1625 - and has thin walls and creaky floors, which only adds to the ambience of the property. It is also a working farm which is a fair way from the main road so you are surrounded by countryside and animals. I wouldnt hestitate to recommend it and will definitely be back when I am next in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed here and it just gets better. This is a lovely quiet retreat with top quality accommodation. The beds are the best I have ever slept in and the room has lots of lovely extras. Sharron was very friendly and really looked after me. I really enjoyed my breakfast it was such a pity I couldn't stay longer.
Looking forward to my next visit already.

Room Tip: Room 2 had a great view of the garden