We had no illusions. The weather was bad and all I could get was a crack of dawn flight. I was tired and did not want to risk an early start and a difficult journey so we booked in to the hotel so we could sleep for six hours before booking in at the airport.
The hotel is hard to find. It's hidden down an alley way behind a shopping arcade. There are steps up to the lift so it's not suitable for the disabled. The staff were polite, but not cultured! The hotel is tired and jaded. The lift door had obscene graffiti scratched into it.
The room was clean, the beds were clean and comfortable . Two beds for £45 for six hours. Not complaining. Don't expect a bargain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Britannia Ashley Hotel is a modern, comfortable boutique hotel located in a prime location - the village of Hale. 67 cozy rooms, a mouthwatering selection of meals and the friendliest staff await you at the Ashley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Britannia Ashley Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Britannia Ashley Altrincham
- Hotel Britannia Ashley
- Britannia Ashley Hotel Altrincham, Cheshire