“You get what you pay for..” 2 of 5 stars

You added Britannia Ashley Hotel to your Saves list
Britannia Ashley Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ashley Road | Hale, Altrincham WA15 9SF, England   |
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Altrincham
“You get what you pay for..”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We had no illusions. The weather was bad and all I could get was a crack of dawn flight. I was tired and did not want to risk an early start and a difficult journey so we booked in to the hotel so we could sleep for six hours before booking in at the airport.
The hotel is hard to find. It's hidden down an alley way behind a shopping arcade. There are steps up to the lift so it's not suitable for the disabled. The staff were polite, but not cultured! The hotel is tired and jaded. The lift door had obscene graffiti scratched into it.
The room was clean, the beds were clean and comfortable . Two beds for £45 for six hours. Not complaining. Don't expect a bargain.

Room Tip: Don't go!
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We got what we think was a really good deal. Clean and tidy. Bathroom needs regrouting & bath resealing to brighten it up a bit. Comfortable bed and really nice breakfast. Wouldn't pay much more than 70 for a double though.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I spent one of the worst nights of my life last night in this 'hotel', unable to sleep in a room that stank of smoke (I can't believe any hotel allows guest smoking in this day and age) and was freezing cold (not helped by having to keep window open due to said smoke smell) and noisy (lousy single glazing in a room overlooking the main street). It amazes me that this 1960s monstrosity was ever allowed to be built in the otherwise lovely shopping street, and most of it clearly hasn't seen a lick of paint or new carpet since then. The place is less than salubrious - at £45 for a single room I wasn't expecting the Ritz, but I did at least expect somewhere that I could sleep comfortably. Any sleep I did snatch was haunted by nightmares of being murdered in my bed by some of the dodgy looking individuals who hung around outside the building at night - not helped by the disturbing 'art work' in the room itself which contained two tableaux - one of which depicting the rape of the Sabine women! A colleague staying in a different room had an equally unpleasant sketch of the backside view of a naked woman opposite the bed. We declined the offer of a buffet breakfast for £7 as the thought of eating anything in there made me feel physically ill, and after a rotten night we just wanted to get out. This place is cheap for a reason, and not cheap enough given the state of some of the rooms. They need to close it down for a major refurb, or better still - just bulldoze the whole thing and build something more fitting of Hale and less like Bates' Motel!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Rooms looked clean but very hot. Husband opened the window and it fell out.

We ordered tea for breakfast. The waitress took a Thermos flask from a table that had been used from another table and plonked it down on ours. The tea was stewed and tasted disgusting. Most of the food was out of a tin.

The biggest and most disturbing aspect however was the hundreds of bites that my husband and I found later that day. Doctor told us they were Bed Bug bites!!! We informed the hotel but have not had a reply. To say we are upset it putting it mild. Do not stay at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Amlwch, Wales, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Does what it says on the tin - very well. I stay in a lot of Britannia hotels through choice as they are always good value I can't understand why they get slated - yes they are dated and if you look hard I might evn admit they can be a bit tatty round the edges BUT I seldom pay more than £40 and I get a good nights sleep optional food onsite and free wifi - compare that to Travelodge etc at £50 and if you are lucky there might be a little chef next door. Some Britannias have a swimming pool and gym included, the Ashley however does not but it is well located and clean with free wifi. I lost the keys for my other vehicle when I was there and phoned up to mention this (not holding out a lot of hope for a member of staff to even remember) 2 hours later I was phoned (he had to go through his records to find my number) to say someone had handed in some keys from the car park - he even offered to post them but I was coming back a day later - Thanks ANDREW - your are my receptionist of the month

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2014

The receptionist was friendly but the hotel itself is outdated, not too clean and basic.
Wasn't impressed to find left over plasters on the dresser and stains on the walls.

Apart from this the bed was comfy enough and did the job! I wouldn't stay again but it wasn't terrible.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2014

I'm sat in canteen as I write this wad told last night just before I went into my dirty room with broken shower breakfast served between 7 and 9 its 7.15 now and they have just told me half an hour for breakfast so off to work hungry. I would complain to the staff but if last night is anything to go by they won't be interested anyway.this is by a long shot THE single worst thing I've ever stayed in (I would never call this a hotel). Rubbish rubbish rubbish. Don't do it.

• Stayed November 2014

Been to Britannia Ashley Hotel? Share your experiences!