This part refurbished hotel has been renamed the Ballater Inn and taken over by Crerar Hotels. There is obviously still work to be done on the refurbishment, but the hotel is clean and tidy. The Hotel only reopened at the begining of April 2011 so there are still some small issues that need attention. Overall a good hotel with quite good food, great location and some great deals. Very much geared towards the older generation of visitor.
Hotel has some free wifi if you wander about and to get a connection.
Staff seem a bit disorganised and had to wait some time before seeing bar staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Deeside Inn is an authentic Highland inn situated in the picturesque village of Ballater in the heart of Royal Deeside - a few miles away from Balmoral Castle, the Queen's summer home. Only an hour's drive from Aberdeen, this part of the Cairngorms is world famous for its stunning scenery and offers some of the best walking, climbing, mountain biking, river fishing and wildlife watching in Scotland. We can arrange a huge range of outdoor activities on behalf of our guests. The inn itself is welcoming and cosy with open log fires, wooden floors, tartan carpets, comfy tweed furnishings and well appointed comfortable bedrooms. In our Ceilidh bar we offer over 40 Scottish single malts and hearty Highland dishes, and also host fantastic traditional music sessions every other Wednesday. In our brasserie style restaurant we offer an a la carte and grill menu, which feature game, salmon and Highland beef. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Deeside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Deeside Hotel Ballater
- The Deeside Inn Ballater, Scotland