“Good service food ok” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Good service food ok”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

This restaurant was very clean and nicely decorated. Service was excellent and the food was reasonable. Portions were a bit too big for my liking and would have been nice to have had some side salad with smaller pasta potion rather than a massive piece of lasagne on it's own, but tasted good. Nice restaurant and would possibly visit again.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“High standards always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

I live in cyprus but when I visit Bedford I always try to get to Bruno's.

It's famous to the people of Bedford and as Italian food goes its top draw, as a chef and restaurant owner I can safely say a lot has been learnt by the standard of pride and cleanliness of this place. The atmosphere is superb and food always fresh, Bruno is an asset to this business and its the perfect example of a top family restaurant business

“Calm and collective”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

Very nice atmosphere, great decor. Food was of a good standard, everywhere was clean and the service was fast and efficient.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
*Kyle
“A good value Italian restaurant in Bedford”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

The service and welcome were good, and the atmosphere was also good. There was a good selection of food offered, and the quality was good. The wine list was extensive, and the prices not too exorbitant. The prices overall were very reasonable for the quality of the food provided and the service offered.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Ok but seems to have slipped a bit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Must say I was disappointed with the meal I had here. The starter was nice but my main course, which was pizza, had so much cheese on it I had to scrape it off. The base was thin but was rather soggy in the middle. I also found the service slow between our starters and main course. I am not vegetarian but don't tend to eat meat in meals when I go out but it took a long time to choose what I wanted as the meals suitable for vegetarians are not labelled as such on the menu. I appreciate lots of Italian food contains meat but not all the dishes had meat in them and it would've helped to identify the ones that didn't. Overall, I left feeling disappointed with the whole experience although had not experienced this on previous visits.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
MammaMia1000, Manager at Bruno's Mamma Mia Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Sir / Madam I sincerely apologise that your current experience at our establishment wasn't at its usual high standard.
I have a couple if questions, if you would be so kind to call the establishment regarding this occasion.
Was the issue brought to the attention of any of my staff, regarding the pizza.Which pizza did you order. Also you stated the time delay between starters and main courses.

If you would be so kind to contact me ASAP so I can do some investigation.