“Lovely food and ambience” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: English, Eclectic
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Ideal For romantic dinner,Special Occasions,Bussiness lunches or just a Night out. £45 is for a 5 course fine dining dinner menu
Luton
“Lovely food and ambience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

We ate here on Saturday night with some friends - for on of them, it was actually the first time they had been. The menu is extensive with specials as well to chose from. All the food was lovely and well presented and they were happy to cook my fish stew without peppers but the desserts were even better. It was a shame they didn't do a mini selection of them all as they all sounded great and it was very difficult to decided.
Will definitely go back for a special occasion.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

North Wales
“Dissapointing & Overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

When paying a premium for everything, you expect some "added value" to justify the price which I felt this restaurant failed to deliver. We were taken by a relative who was really excited to be taking us there, but by the end of the evening we felt ripped off and our host embarrassed.

Firstly, price. We were recommended the steaks - so all 5 of us had steaks. Not bad, but ours varied from medium rare to medium well - and they all arrived the same! The size was about the that of a McDonalds Hamburger - plus there was a surcharge for the steak - miniscule as it was. The Veg was a joke - about 6 juliennes of various veg tied together - not even a mouthful. When I was presented with a bowl of Gratin Potatoes my spirits lifted somewhat - only to have them dashed when I discovered the bowl was for all 5 of us!

Drinks - a bottle of Peroni £5??? come on! how do you add value to a bottle of beer to justify this? Another annoying habit was for the staff to grab your glass as soon as you'd taken the last mouthful and were about to put it back on the table. Very annoying.

All in all I've had far better for a lot less, and I find it hard to recommend this place unless you like paying over the odds for small, indifferent food. With what I paid per head here I could have enjoyed a much bigger, better steak with a sensible sized portion on the plate at my local and gone back 6 times compared to this place.

Just because its expensive doesn't necessarily mean its better - I look at what I get in the plate and what it tastes like then base my opinion and reviews on this. I don't look at the price and think because its expensive it must be good and kid myself its "fine dining"

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
hitchin
“class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

a little bit of class at a good price and excellent food and service

london, england
“Delightful lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

We dined at St Helena restaurant for with friends. Excellent set price menu with a few supplements for lobster and the like. Not a cheap place, but the quality and service showed where the higher cost lay.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Luton
“Wonderful restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I recently went to St Helena for a group lunch and can honestly say that this is some of the best food I've tasted. We were a group of ten and were sat in the convservatory which was a lovely experience. The restaurant was very busy, but the service and ambiance was first class.

I would highly recommend this restaurant, especially for a birthday or special occasion, but equally as a special treat for lunch.

I will definitely be returning.

• Visited December 2011