“Very tasty meal” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #132 of 319 Restaurants in Bedford
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a Bar & Grill Restaurant on the Embankment, Bedford. We serve high quality, freshly prepared cuisine throughout the day.Our new Fusion menu features traditional English dishes, seafood, "from the grill" and traditional, selected, Indian fine dining.Throughout the day we cater for all your dining requirements from a light snack to early evening meal.Join us for the evening and relax in our dedicated bar area before selecting from our full evening menu featuring our famous Seafood, Grill and selected Indian specialities. Catering for large parties and intimate evenings out in one of our secluded booths, Radhuni is ideal for everyone whatever the occasion - and once again weather permitting the terrace makes a beautiful setting for any summers evening entertainment.We have full parking facilities and are easily located on the Embankment waterside area of Bedford.
Bedfordshire
“Very tasty meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We ate at the Radhuni on a Saturday evening and to ensure a table, I booked on the Thursday previous. I asked for a table for 8 p.m. but was told that it would be better if I came at 8.30 p.m. I asked if they had tables for 8 p.m. and was told that if I came at 8 p.m. I probably would have to wait for a table, to which I replied that I would be cross if I had booked and then had to wait. Nevertheless, I agreed to book for 8.30 p.m. as recommended. We therefore assumed that when we arrived at the restaurant, all tables would be full. We were mistaken, as there were many tables available. I felt duped and manipulated by the person on the phone. When we arrived, we were greeted by a chap who I think is the owner. He shook our hands and showed us to a table and explained to us that the fancy bottle on our table was Norweigan water if we would like to purchase it, but we declined. The place has been totally refurbished in a sympathetic manner and I have to say that the ambiance and atmosphere was very pleasant. As previous posts have pointed out, Radhuni's menu offers dishes other than curry, so can please every taste. We ordered the house wine, which was good and also the vegetable starter for 2. The starter was stunning to look at and even better to taste. We then ordered our mains, Chicken Jalfrezi and Chicken Catalana with Naan bread and rice to accompany. Both dishes were incredibly tasty, although we both felt that each dish was a tad dry and required more sauce. Apart from a waiter asking us if our meal was OK, we did not feel harassed by the waiting staff, as one can sometimes feel. However, once our plates had been cleared from the table and we asked for the bill, it too an extraordinary long time to get this and we had to ask again. All in all, we were pleasantly surprised by the food in Radhuni and we shall certainly be going back there sometime. I can't help feeling that the place is a bit pretentious (which some people may like).

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Javea, Spain
“Not just for Indian Food! Great lunch menu too!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Bedford has one of the most stunning river Embankments for miles and and really does need more than two restaurants to achieve its full potential however, this is a good start.
We almost didn't go in for lunch as we thought an Indian meal in the middle of the day would be too rich and heavy but when we looked at the menu we saw that it also offered pasta, pizza and burger alternatives. We shared a Greek Salad and probably the best Aberdeen Angus burger we have eaten in Bedford with the most delicious chunky chips and it was also excellent value for money at 5.95 a head.
The building has been refurbished quite well inside although the toilets haven't had much of a makeover but it is worth a visit for lunch, The service was good and the food was very good.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Abergavenny, United Kingdom
“Best Meal I have Ever Had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

This restaurant is probably the best i have ever been to.You were greated with a hand shake and looked after on the way into the building without the waiters even knowing you had booked a table.Th decor was amazing and the food was out of this world.Once again the waiters and front of house manager saw to your every need even to topping up your wine glass on passing (great touch).Overall experience out of 10 this would be an 11..amazing :)

Bedford, United Kingdom
“excellant evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Dined on a saturday evening,a very inviting friendly atmosphere, with superb food & service will definately be returning soon. The new owners have put a lot of thought in to a beautifully furnished restaurant......

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Best customer service ever they cooked me a dish that wasn't on the menu. Fabulous wine and great atmosphere.