“Fab stay - fab staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Bedford
Bath, United Kingdom
“Fab stay - fab staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Stayed here based on other rave reviews and was not disappointed. Extremely helpful staff, and brand new facilities, it was hard to find fault. Loved the walk in shower and comfy bed, but would have liked a window that opened!. The Brewers Fayre staff were also great - food was what you expect - but it was very busy. Beat the waiting by choosing the bufffet meal - which is help yourself all-you-can-eat style dining, not for everyone but fine on this occasion. Would definitely stay here again, and booking in advance, at £29 a room it's exceptional value. Well done to all staff on both sides - they really made the stay enjoyable.

Room Tip: If you get a choice, choose a rear room - they have more privacy.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
AnnieW293, Manager at Premier Inn Bedford South, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your brilliant review. I am so pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay. I hope we can look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Premier Inn Bedford South/A421

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Malborough
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

arrived after along journey, receptionist greeted me with a welcome , the ambience was first class, shown to my room , which was spotless and comfortable, the housekeeprs wer very helpful , also a housekeeper called June was exremely helpful in finding me a place for the clotted cream which i had arrived with for a wedding next day, thankyou June you went beyond the call off Duty my time spent at the hotel was nothing but praise for the wonderful atmosphere the staff all created,.

sadly cant say I had the same experience in the Brewery Fare , very poor service , waited over an hour for my meal to arrive, I felt here unlike the Hotel , the staff lacked leadership, and appeared tobe poorly managed, in the time people had to wait to be served , it was very busy, but 3 times the bar was left unattened. and peole waiting .. where wer the managers???

Room Tip: book early
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your lovely review of Premier Inn Bedford South. I have passed on your comments to June and she was delighted that she made such an impression! I have passed on your feedback regarding the Brewers Fayre to their management team so they can address the issues you have raised. I hope that this will not put you off coming to visit us again in the future.

Crawley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Stayed for 1 night in a family room. On arrival Moses was busy with other guests but was most apologetic about the short delay in checking us in. He was very friendly advised us of the goodnight sleep guarantee and made sure we booked for dinner. On arriving at our room we were pleasantly surprised with the new look. Flat screen TV and interesting purple mood lighting. We ate in the brewers fayre for dinner, and found the service, quality and price very pleasing. Had a very good night’s sleep, and couldn't even hear the traffic outside on the dual carriageway. In the morning used the rainfall shower which was far better than most showers in baths. Went across to the brewers farye for breakfast, and that is where it all went wrong. Waited about 5 mins to be acknowledged and seated, and was advised they had no mushrooms for the cooked breakfast. They didn't bother to tell us of the lack of croissants, muffins, flavoured yoghurts or of the poor selection of fruit. Waited about 10mins for a poached egg to be cooked.

On the whole the premier inn itself as amazing and Moses is a credit to the brand and could teach other more expensive hotels a thing or two about front desk service, hopefully the brewers fayre will get used to the number of guests it is likely to have and will improve to match

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your lovely review of our Hotel. I am absolutely thrilled that Moses made you feel so welcome, as you say he is a credit to Premier Inn. I have passed on your comments regarding breakfast to the Brewers Fayre team so they can address the issues you raised. I hope we will be able to welcome you back soon.

Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Great value for money-clean and spacious room, very welcoming and courteous staff. Very comfortable beds too-we had a family room and I couldn't fault it. Only downside was the Brewers Fayre we had to use for breakfast-poor service and mediocre bfast-but at £8 each for an adult I suppose you can't expect much and the kids ate for free!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of Premier Inn Bedford South. I am so pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay and I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

tamworth, staffs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Only stayed one night over the bank holiday weekend as we used it as a base for visiting Cambridge. The rooms are great, Big flat screen tv, nice shower and beds. Staff are friendly and welcoming. We ate at the adjoining Brewers Fayre which was busy as you would expect on a bank holiday but we had booked a table via premier inn so no issues. We will definately use this hotel again when visiting this part of the country

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we very much look forward to being able to welcome you back in the near future.

Durham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

A new premier inn with a comfortable bed, large HD television, very good shower and fancy lighting. It's also easy to access off the A421 and about 3 miles from Bedford town centre. However, you cannot open the bedroom window, which I hate. Also my room was in the eaves on the second and the window did not allow in a lot of natural light. Situated between the dual carriageway and a dull new Barrett housing estate. Although this is more spic and span, and the staff are fine, I prefer the older Premier Inn in Bedford.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with Premier Inn Bedford South. As part of Premier Inn's drive to reduce it's carbon impact our windows do not open as we have fresh air inlets and air conditioning in all our rooms. Also on your next visit we would be happy to accomodate you in one of our rooms with a larger window for more natural light if you mention this when booking. I would like to thank you for your positive review and I hope that we shall be able to welcome you back in the future.

Berwick St John
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

With very few exceptions, Premier Inn are consistently good at what they do and this brand new PI could well be amongst the very best. A day or two before my arrival, the hotel e-mailed me with directions which were very necessary as this is a new site and my Sat Nav simply had no idea where I was. I wasn't even too sure I'd reached the right place but on arrival I was greeted by Moses and check in was very efficient and friendly. Moses is clearly extremely proud of the hotel (and rightly so) and was very keen to get any feedback on how they might make things even better.
My room was great, with large flat screen TV and a super walk in rain shower. The bed was superb and I had a great night's sleep.
If I were reviewing the restaurant, I'd rate that as Average. All the staff were very friendly though they did forget about us, they'd run out of T-bone steaks and the steak I did have was very slightly overcooked, nothing worth making a complaint about but it is not at the same level of greatness as the hotel.
I would definitely stay here again, and it's probably even worth driving a few extra miles for (not that I have stayed in any of the other Bedford PIs).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Firstly thank you so much for your brilliant review of our new hotel. I really am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that Moses made such an impression. I have passed on your feedback and he was absolutely thrilled. I hope we can look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Premier Inn Bedford South/A421

Been to Premier Inn Bedford South? Share your experiences!