“Overnight stop” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Bedford
Poole, United Kingdom
“Overnight stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Good hotel, great value, well appointed room with refurbished bathroom. Good choice for breakfast. Easy parking. Lovely position overlooking the river. We wanted a hotel that was good value but also offered a good level of comfort. Our only gripe was that the receptionist could have been more pleasant.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

PI_Bedford, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Bedford, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Lindahollins ,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the hotel. We value all guest feedback so that we are able to improve the service and standards we offer.

I feel that your comments are most valuable and please be assured that I have passed these onto the department managers. At the same time both the front office manager and I have discussed your comment about the reception team member.

Once again thank you for your valuable comments and we do look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Kind Regards

Simon Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Originally I had reservations at park inn bedford in december 2013 where room service barged in my room where myself and my partner were in bed. My partner was so upset that I went to complain. The manager who was in charge at that particular shift made it out that it was my fault and this never occurred and spoke so rudely. Apparently the policy is, room service need to knock three times before enetering only if a, "no disturb sign" is not outside which there clearly was. I then complained to senior management and I got a complementary stay in january 2014. At 11:00pm at night, a customer storms in my room claiming he has made this reservation for the same room which left my partner extremely traumatised. I complained again to the shift management where I was spoken rudely and made out that it was my fault (Apparently on there system, they accidently reserved my name kn a different room so my business room was shown on there system as its available....typical)..not even a apology. Complained to senior management the following day and was made out that I got a complementary stay and they cant do anything else and also it was made a joke of that I have bad luck. I have worked in huge operations and have never had bad customer service than this. I would never recommend this establishment to anyone and a business room which normally would cost £98, I would rather go to the swan hotel and and spend £200 where atleast i will get great service and nobody will randomly walk in your room unlike park inn. (Swan hotel is only opposite park inn). Truly disgusted and I would rather spend the night outside in the street than pay for a room in the park inn. The choice is yours.....if you want random people disturbing your privacy in the middle of tbe night.

• Stayed January 2014
PI_Bedford, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Bedford, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear grooveride,

Thank you for taking the time to post you comments with regards to your recent stay at the Park Inn by Radisson Bedford. I would first of all like to personally take this opportunity to apologise to both you and your partner.

I would like to assure you that all guest comments are taken on board. I do apologise that you felt your complaint was not taken seriously. We have a very clear guest policy that guests should not be disturbed within there rooms, however reading your comments this was not the case. I will personally arrange for retraining to be carried out with regards to the way we enter a room and also the allocation of rooms.

I will be more than happy to discuss this matter further with yourself and please do contact me directly at the hotel.

Once again thank you for your comments and I sincerely apologise.

llanelli
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Weve stayed in lots of Hotels and B and Bs in the Bedford area for family reasons and this was a bit of a gamble, and now is an absolute no brainer, wished we had tried it before........excellent value for money and great location next to the River so you can watch all the boats go up and down, the room was huge and very quiet despite its location in the middle of town. Easy parking, we are looking forward to staying there in the future.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

PI_Bedford, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Bedford, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Dear chrissieblueeyes,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments with regards to your recent stay at the Park Inn Bedford.

I am please that on this occasion you decided to stay at the Park Inn. We have over the last year completed a major refurbishment within the hotel throughout the ground floor area. We have a number of bedrooms that over look at river and the comments from our guests regarding these rooms are similar to yourself.

Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

South Wingfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Stayed at The Park Inn for a week whilst on a training course in Bedford. The hotel was very nice and modern with great furnishings. The room was exceptionally clean and comfortable. I ate all my meals in the hotel restaurant and they were all fantastic! Amazing quality and the prices were very reasonable. A great range of choices available for breakfast as well with everything cooked to perfection. Overall, I had a great stay. Many thanks

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
PI_Bedford, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Bedford, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Dear LickyL,
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments with regards to your weeks stay at the Park Inn Bedford.
We have all read your comments and both myself and the team are please to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. We are working and have been working on a number of key areas within the hotel, with regards to bedroom cleanliness and food and drink and I know the team are pleased to read your feedback.
Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
bedfordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Needed a cheap room for a night out, the hotel had a January sale so we got a good rate. For what we paid I was very happy.

Rooms were clean and comfortable, the lady on reception kindly gave us a free 'upgrade' to a river view room. Not sure how this qualifies as an upgrade though... No free snack or use of bathrobes which is common in other standard hotels.

All staff were friendly and helpful, especially, the receptionist (red head forgot her name) and Barbara and Christine at breakfast.

Hotel has definitely improved recently. We will stay providing prices are decent again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
PI_Bedford, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Bedford, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear buffybabe,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments with regards to your recent stay at the Park Inn by Radisson Bedford.

I have read your review in detail and thank you again for your comments with regards to the clean rooms. We have just taken on a new housekeeping manager and I know they will make a difference to the hotel. I also thank you for your comments regarding reception and Breakfast staff and I have today personally passed on my thanks.

I do look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

We visited the family again in Bedford for Christmas this year. We enjoyed our lunch last year at the Park inn and my parents wanted to return. Well what a change the hotel has a new restaurant area. We had a table overlooking the river and thank you for that.

The food was of such better quality this year and the waitress who looked after our table and all the other service staff were helpful.

Overall great improvement.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
PI_Bedford, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Bedford, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Dear Stephen S,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments with regards to Christmas day.

Please be assured that we will pass on these comments to the food and beverage team working, and I know they will be delighted to read these.

We have worked on a number of ideas to increase the service and quality of our food and beverage offering within the last few months, and this is a key focus for 2014.

Once again thank you for your valuable comments.

Milton Keynes, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

The hotel has not always had a good reputation. I stayed on a Friday night for my firms annual Xmas party. The party was good and the food fine for mass catering of this sort. I was especially impressed by the reception staff. I was upgraded to a double room with river views - the room was large and comfortable, and for £46 good value. The kettle in the room did not work but the reception staff got me a cup tea when I told them.
Two things I think they can work on. I don't like the car park charge and it doesn't seem to overtly state it is charged when I booked. Also there was a lack of anything local in the bar - chain hotels should make the effort to get some local flavour (beers/ciders) into the bar otherwise it feels too bland.
However all in all I had a very good time

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
PI_Bedford, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Bedford, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear Frank M,

Thank you for your recent comments with regards to your stay at the Park inn by Radisson Bedford and also the party night you attended.

Your feedback is valuable and please be assured that we will take all your comments on board. The hotel has this year had a very successful party season and we are now looking to improve this for 2014.

I was please to read about the comments you made about the reception team and please be assured I will pass these onto the team.

Once again thank you for your comments and a very Happy Christmas and New Year.

Simon Smith

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Bedford? Share your experiences!