“Amazing hosts and excellent facilities” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Lodge Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Carlisle
Howard Lodge Guest House
You added Howard Lodge Guest House to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Guest house   |   90 Warwick Rd, Carlisle CA1 1JU , England   |
Ranked #12 of 65 Carlisle B&B and Inns
berkshire
“Amazing hosts and excellent facilities”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed at Howard Lodge just before Christmas and was very impressed. I didn't expect much from a B&B usually staying in hotels, but Howard Lodge definitely turned that opinion around. The rooms were lovely, super clean and very comfortable. And the hosts Charlotte & Tony could not have been more accommodating, I truly felt like I was an extended member of their family staying in their big hearty home. Nothing was too much for them. I would definitely recommend anyone to stay here if travelling to Carlisle and it is also only 5 mins walks from the town so the perfect location. Warm, lovely atmosphere, clean comfy home and great home-comfort food.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Myself, my husband a 2 children recently spent 2 nights at Howard Lodge Guest House. Our family room was spacious and didn't feel cramped even with 4 of us in. The whole place was spotlessly clean. The owners, Charlotte and Tony, were very friendly and helpful answering any questions we had and providing lots of useful tips and local knowledege. Breakfast was delicious, a great choice including various cereal's, fresh fruit salad, yoghurts and an excellant cooked breakfast, my husband is vegatarian and especially enjoyed Howard Lodge's vegatarian options. Overall an brilliant stay and we will definately return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I decided to stay at Howard Lodge Guest House at the last minute as the hotel I had booked cancelled my overnight stay. I was slightly reluctant to book a B&B as I usually stay in hotels when travelling on business but Howard Lodge has free WiFi so I thought I would try it for a change and I'm glad I did. I was met with a warm welcome from Charlotte & Tony and shown to a very spacious room with a very comfortable bed!!Charlotte & Tony were very helpful in recommending somewhere close by for an evening meal. The highlight had to be the breakfast from cereal & fruit salad to a full English, the choices were excellent & much better than what I am used to from some hotels, I only wish I was staying another night to sample more off the menu!! I would highly recommend staying here for business or pleasure.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Very nice B&B, well situated, close to the Hadrian's Wall path, and also close to the centre of town and the railway station. Warm welcome. Very kind hosts. WiFi. Good, large and generous breakfast. The problem was that we were in a room on the street and had lots of noise coming from the traffic. The shower was a disaster, extremely weak, no pressure. It took for ever to shower.

Room Tip: Avoid absolutely room 4 if you can. It is on the street therefore extremely noisy and the shower is...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Parrish, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Had an opportunity to spend a couple of days here, great location and facility. Very helpful in guiding me to great restaurants and some local color. Great ambiance, clean and breakfast got the job done. Thanks for a great stay

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Lerwick
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Hi All, I was given the name of Howard Lodge Guest House at the last minute to break my journey from the Shetland Islands to Chorley, Lancs. After a journey of 48 hours, I arrived at Howard Lodge on a wet stormy day. I was met a warm and inviting welcome.

It is hard to put into words how impressive Howard Lodge is to the weary traveller and the welcome is even better. More tomorrow when i have sampled the breakfast ..........

Paul, from the Shetland Islands

Room Tip: I would suggest if you want a friendly, quality place to stay book early, because otherwise you will...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
newbury
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We enjoyed a very warm and conversational welcome from Charlotte who was very helpful with dinner recommendations and directions. Howard Lodge is well decorated and comfortable. Breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Howard Lodge Guest House? Share your experiences!