“Friendly and welcoming” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 20 hotels in Carlisle
Stockport, England
“Friendly and welcoming”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I have now stayed at this hotel three times, and am about to stay for the fourth time. If you are looking for a posh hotel, newly decorated, mod cons and flash facilities, then this is not the one for you. But if you are looking for a hotel with friendly and attentive staff, a hotel with character, good food and cosiness, then this is the one to choose.
The times that I have stayed have been because of a family bereavement and I cannot fault the staff for their friendliness, sensitivity and helpfulness.
I notice from previous reviews that customers thought the facilities were dreary and cold. I found the hotel to be cosy and warm both in decor and temperature, and I know that if there had been a problem, then the staff would have done their utmost to sort it out for me.
I have eaten at the hotel each time and the food was good value for money. Always hot, and a good selection on the menu. Breakfast is really good! And there is a well-stocked bar too!
This hotel is very good value for money and I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

35 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
cumbria
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I was shocked at the dreary inside to this hotel it is really run down and not really clean at all, carpet edges are dirty and the bathroom tiles are mouldy. The room was really cold too I was there with my granddaughter for one night and she is 9yr old and her opinion was (oh are we staying here!!!! she wanted to go some where else but it was late when we arrived so we went out to eat and got out early in the morn. Not good even for a 2star ......

Room Tip: There is'nt any
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Blackpool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Why didnt I smell a rat, because they had all moved out. They where bit overkeen to get my money in advance and once I saw the room it wasnt hard to see why. My night was me and my family clinging on to a bed that had two legs shorter than the others, with the fear of touching the floor which moved. We are now suffering from anxiety, paranoia and fear.. Breakfast involved us hanging on to the bed as they waited for us, ready to grab a hold and feed. The bedbugs where actually more than just a cute little good night rhyme that I would say to my daughter before she goes to sleep. We are now all receiving counselling. Stay safe and avoid.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Co Durham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights over The Jubilee weekend. Staff very friendly, beds clean and comfortable. Breakfast adequate. For £32.50pp B&B..what do you expect ...The Hilton !!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

Spent one night on business. Very nice small hotel.
Made to feel welcome, good sleep, good breakfast.
Very good and friendly service.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011 via mobile

We stayed at the Pinegrove after we had our wedding reception there. We had a fabulous day , the food at our 'do' was lovely & home made . The staff were helpful and polite and bent over backwards to ensure that everything ran smoothly for us . I can't thank David and the team for everything. We had a number of our family & friends stay over with us at the hotel and we all enjoyed an excellent breakfast the following day, yes some of the decor is dated but there are some lovely original features including a beautiful stained glass window. The rooms are clean and comfortable. We have been for evening meals and SUnday lunch - the food has been great on each occasion! My experiences at the Pinegrove have always been positive - and everything is very reasonably priced - including the bar !

• Stayed September 2011
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Hotel could do with a fresh coat of paint. The room was a dazzling display of florals from the late 80's BUT the bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean (the carpet could have done with a good hoover). Warm welcome, good food and an excellent location. The tables in the dining room were sticky, but once we pried our cutlery free the steak was delicious! I would happily stay there again.

Room Tip: Bring your slippers, no bare feet on the carpet!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Pinegrove Hotel? Share your experiences!