“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La pergola

La pergola
28 Castle street, Carlisle CA3 8TP, England (Formerly La Pergola)
+44 1228 534084
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #78 of 280 Restaurants in Carlisle
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Doing business, Romantic, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

My husband and I were visiting from Newcastle on the 24th August bank holiday weekend and before the trip we had a browse online to see what restaurants were on offer and we came across La Pergola, all reviews were fantastic so we decided to give it a go. Without a doubt one of the best restaurants we've ever been to, the steak was absolutely unbelievable, starters were excellent and their crème brule was wonderful, I had high expectations as it's my favourite desert and I wasn't disappointed. Andrew and the team were fantastic! I really can't praise them enough. Will definitely be visiting again.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

“First visit would return again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Decided to try la pergola for the first time last month. We went on a Thursday evening on the off chance we might get a table. We were greeted by a very nice young man who showed us to a table promptly. The menu is substantial and it possibly maybe of been nice for the waiting staff to go through the menu with people if they haven't been before to advise what to possible have. We all had garlic bread with the tomato sauce to start which was excellent no complaints. We all choose pizzas for main course too. I had one with air dried ham, sun dried tomatoes and rocket which again was good but possible a little to much cheese and air dried ham as it was a tad salty. We all opted for dessert too. Two had the fudge sundae which looked amazing and I myself had the caramel and apple pie. It said on the menu served hot but it was only just warm. It was very good though. The only negative comments I could really say was the music was a tad to loud on the evening and also I think they may need to spend some money on a new carpet as it was really badly stained.

But all in all I would most definitely be back

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Newcastle, Australia
“Good Italian restaurant, in a good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We visited La Pergola as a family of four adults with two young kids. The restaurant is lower than ground level, in a couple of cosy rooms, as well as the bar area. The waiting staff were attentive without being overbearing, the food was good and not cheap but I would say reasonable. The portion sizes were good,and the kids enjoyed their meals. Overall it was very good.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
whiston
“Stunning food, lovely atmosphere and great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We found this restaurant by accident as it doesn't seem to be in the main street.

It is a lovely little Italian restaurant and feels very personal and is good for everything, family orientated or romantic meals.

The food was delicious and we couldn't believe the price, excellent value for such wonderful food.

They also do a happy hour before 6:45 I think.

It is quite small so I would recommend booking.

Would definitely recommend this to anyone who likes Italian.

Carlisle, United Kingdom
“friendly,welcoming and fantastic food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Always a great welcome, friendly staff, and never been disappointed in the food. La pergola has a cosy atmosphere where everybody is welcomed. I have visited with children and as a couple. Romantic alcoves provide a fabulous dinner date venue! Happy hour food standard is as good as the evening menu and plenty of it!
My favourite treat night out!

• Visited June 2013