“Karen and Martin - Quiet, but wonderful experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lynebank Guest House

Lynebank Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Carlisle
Lynebank Guest House
Westlinton, Carlisle CA66AA, England   |
Ranked #34 of 63 Carlisle B&B and Inns
Tamworth, United Kingdom
“Karen and Martin - Quiet, but wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Arrived to find we were the only couple in the hotel on Saturday 29 December. Our host Steve made us feel very welcome and cooked us a lovely steak meal which had all the trimmings. We then spent another 2 hours in the bar talking with Steve and his neighbor Will who popped in for a drink. Steve then prepared a lovely breakfast the next morning which set us up nicely for our journey to Stirling. Thanks again Steve.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Billericay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

From the moment we arrived we were made to feel at home. Steve cooked us a cracker meal, I was surprised until I found out he had travelled internationally as a chef so from then on we looked forward to every meal. Eina was a star and kept the kids entertained, a hostess with the mostest ( some places pretend kids aren't there). Her fun loving manner and energy ensured we were all well looked after in their comfortable hotel. 5 star value at a 3 star price... I'd recommend it to family, couples and business travellers alike.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Troon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I travel regularly over the border Scotland/England so I thought I'd found the perfect stopover (I've been searching for ages!) Sadly not. The room was great - very clean and modern but let down by a couple of minor points - I could only get BBC2 on the tv - and once in my pjs I'm not going to wander downstairs to investigate - and the towels in the morning were really tatty - one even had a hole in it! Couldn't find a hairdryer so I didn't bother washing my hair. Worst of all - after establishing that it would be OK for me to have breakfast at 6.30 because this was a business trip and I had to leave at 7 - I sat in the courtyard outside for 15 minutes as the place was locked up and not a soul in sight. I eventually phoned and was let in but too late for a full breakfast. To be fair - they did rustle up scrambled eggs on toast at breakneck speed but I had to bolt it down to get away by 7. I see that this place generally gets good reviews but I can only comment on my experience. Sorry guys it's back to the tatty travelodge for me next month.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I booked out the whole hotel for my wedding dated 3rd Aug. We all arrived on the 2nd and from the moment we arrived Steve , Ena and the girls looked after us all. Nothing was too much bother and we all felt like one big happy family. The food could not be faulted, we all had great bar meals on the first night and our 3 course wedding meal was wonderful the next day. Breakfast could also not be faulted. The bar was well stocked and reasonably priced. Rooms were very clean and comfortable. All our wedding party were very impressed and we would all recommend this hotel to our friends and family.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

We were visiting friends locally and couldn't have picked a better place to stay. It was easy to find with a big car park. The owner met us and welcoming on our arrival. Huge room with a 4 poster bed! Breakfast was excellent. Good value place to stay with warm welcome.

• Stayed June 2012
Worcester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

We stopped off here on the way to Edinburgh. We had a great room for a family of 4. There was a double bed and 3 single beds in the room and still plenty of space. There was TV and tea/coffee making facilities in the room. No problems with parking as there was a car park at the back and parking at the front of the guest house. The room was on the front of the hotel facing the road which was quite busy and the cars/lorries do go very fast. I wouldn't let the children out on their own. Breakfast was excellent and everyone was very helpful. Paid with my credit card, no issues. Many thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Wiltshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Complete with 3 pets, I had a downstairs room with access to outside yard if needed. All well. Comfortable, clean and quiet - except for morning trafic. Owners very friendly and offered to help transport luggage and dog-beds etc. to car. Other residents friendly - working rather than holidays. Would use again and recommend.
Woof!

Room Tip: If traveling with pet, ask for downstairs room.