“A relaxing evening” 4 of 5 stars

Perth, Australia
62 attraction reviews
“A relaxing evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

I went along to Clarice House Spa with a friend who had won a neck and back massage for two with dinner. We had a lovely massage along with a lovely dinner. The food and service was excellent! Would love to go back and to the Spa for a whole day!

Visited November 2011

Colchester, United Kingdom
“POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE BUT GREAT FOOD”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

I went to clarice house after a heavy wekend in Brighton for my hen do. When we arrived nothing was explained to us and we were basically left to just get on with things ourself. We told reception that we would head towards the pool and that we would be in there if anyone needed us. Our first treatment was at 1pm so after having a lounge in the ppol area we heaeded off to recption to be told that we have missed our first slot as this was booked at 12.45pm not 1pm - knowone had told us of this and they couldnt move any of the appointments round as usual they were full and no space to fit us in so that was the first thing that really annoyed me. They then said that they had been looking for us even though we told them that we would be around the pool and they couldnt find us well sorry knowone had even entered the pool area soi knew this was a lie. Maybe giving you a sensor on arrival and then when your appointment is due that can bizz this and then you know when to come would be a helpful idea. Anyway we went on to have our second treatment, the girls seemed really stresses who was doing us and the waiting room was packed and i felt like i was on a cam belt in a factory just waiting to be 'next'..... the facial was lovely i have to say but the girl did not seem very happy and hardly said 2 words to me. We then went to have lunch, this was amzing, the food was really impressive and the people in the restaurant were very friendly..... this was the highlight of my experience and thats abit bad considering its a SPA break not a restaurant break. So after a heavy weekend in Brighton i didnt really feel relaxed at all and just rushed really - word of advise for Clarice house stop worrying about how much money and people you can fit in a day and just look after the ones that are booked in. I wont be going back!!

Visited June 2011
London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Lovely”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

To celebrate my freinds 30th Birthday we would normally have gone out on the sauce! However, she is happily expecting her second child and we all have such crazy and differing lifetyles that the 3 of us wanted to use this time to catch up and enjoy each others company!

The location and setting is beautiful and we got a spa day package to include a mini facial and one course lunch. We got this on special offer because the prices are otherwise rather steep! With the specail offer though it was entirly worth it.

The staff were very aimiable. Especially the gentleman in the red shirt who seemed to head the dining room. Very friendly, polite and helpful with requests (I love tabassco!!) and dietry requirements. The food was pleasent and just the right amount, though we were all baten by it for differing reasons (Oh OK I was hungover!)

The Spa itself was lovelt, big and well lit by nature. The treatment was wonderful and the girl who did it (sorry I didn't remember the name) was pleasent and professional. I think that she read her audience and did so well, in that she adapted the style in which she spoke and make it perfectly relaxing.

There is one thing that I was unhappy with. We booked our tickets online. It gives you the price wihich you accept but THEN you have to pay for "Special delivery" of the tickets. Whilst it was only something like 2 pounds, I live not 2 minuets from the venue and could have picked them up there. Or they could have offered standard delivery since you have all the emil confirmations and codes anyway. I thought it very off and definately a hidden cost!

Overall Marvellous

Visited October 2011
Essex
“Terrible customer service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011 via mobile

Having booked a spa day package as part of a friends hen do we were looking forward to a relaxing day of pampering. Having booked over the phone with a very disinterested receptionist our confirmation arrived. Our names were spelt in correctly and our treatments were crammed so closely together. I called to get our names changed and to re-arrange our treatments, even the woman I spoke to agreed that 4 girls eating a 2 course lunch in half an hour would be pushing it. They refused to send reconfirmation of the changes stating "we don't do that". I called back to speak to manager who agreed to resend the details. They arrived and our names were still incorrect but at least the times were changed. Upon arrive we were shepherded into the restaurant to complete our lunch choices, good selection with a supplement of £6 for the Essex Pave of beef. We were given tatty dressing gowns, holes in and very worn in places, and day slippers to use. First treatment was a back and shoulder massage, very relaxing but could hear noise in the corridor outside the treatment room which was distracting. Next was a facial, same as above. We then had a few hours before our manicure, sat around the pool area which was nice but dated and used the sauna and steam room. Manicure was good, little rushed but acceptable. Lunch was very nice, at least mine and a friends was, Pave Beef, the other 2 girls had a very dry chicken caesar salad with a globular sauce. Starters were very good. We had two glasses of wine at lunch and asked for these to be put on our tab we had arranged. When leaving we asked to pay our tab which we did and left. 2 hours later we received a phone call saying we'd left without paying for our 2 glasses of wine, we explained that we had asked for this to be added to our tab and we were assured it had been. We then had to pay 13 for the wine over the phone by card, in my opinion it was their mistake and they should of dealt with it not us. All in all I wouldn't go there again or recommend it and I am constructing a letter of dissapointment to the manager. We got a buy one get one deal which made it 65 each which for the treatments and lunch is good value but no way is it worth 130 without that offer. If you want an excellent spa in Essex visit the Lifehouse in Thorpe-Le-Soken Clarice House should take a leaf out of their book.

“Fantastic.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011 via mobile

I would recommend the clarice house experience to everybody.
One word to some up..... FANTASTIC

We will be returning very soon.(Thanks)