“Fabulous Hotel - HIghly Recommended” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Sheffield Parkway

You added Mercure Sheffield Parkway to your Saves list
Mercure Sheffield Parkway
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Britannia Way, Catcliffe Rotherham, Rotherham S60 5BD, England (Formerly Aston Hotel Sheffield Rotherham)   |
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Rotherham
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Hotel - HIghly Recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

The Hotel was perfectly located for Sheffield City Centre with just a short drive in and out that was easy. The standard was impeccable, clean, luxurious, comfortable. The food in the restaurant was delicious and all staff were so friendy and welcoming. Nothing was a bother to them. ! EXCELLENT!!!
I am even planning on a shopping trip up to Sheffield just so I can make use of such a wonderful hotel again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
AndrewDeighan, General Manager at Mercure Sheffield Parkway, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for such a great review. I am always delighted to hear from guests who have enjoyed their stay with us, the team thoroughly enjoy ensuring that everyone is well looked after and thoroughly enjoy and appreciate the feedback that they receive.
Thank you very much for staying with us and I hope we see you for your next shopping trip soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Wing, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

My wife and I cannot find fault with this hotel. The staff are friendly and welcoming, the food excellent and the rooms comfortable, quiet and very clean. I use the word 'surprise' in the title simply because high standards are more unusual these days.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for the great review. We do make every effort to maintain a very high standard and it is hugely encouraging when that is recognised! I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I hope we will see you again soon.
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Travelling from Oxford to York with a 9 month old baby would have been impossible in one journey so we booked to stay at the Aston hotel Sheffield for one night on the way. The hotel seems fairly new as its generally immaculate. The lobby, guest rooms and restaurant are all to a high standard. Staff are very attentive and friendly. Food in the restaurant was excellent. We had the 3 course menu for £18 each. Which included a choice of sea bream. The basic room that we had was much larger than we had expected for the money, also having very good free wifi. We paid £59 for a Saturday night stay. If we need a stop over whilst heading north we will definitely use this place again. Highly rate it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for the lovely review. I am very pleased that you had such a nice stay and that we helped make your trip more comfortable.
Thanks for choosing to stay with us and I do hope we will see you again soon.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I use this hotel for business and it is ideal, it has secure parking convenient to a small shopping precinct if you have forgotton anything or need something, easy to get to from the motorway. The staff are always friendly and helpful. Food is fresh and prepared regulary escpecially for the breakfast in the morning, nothing is to much trouble. All rooms are spacious, comfy and clean. Showers hot and powerful. WIFI signal wasnt great when i was there but not always the case. all in all a Hotel i like to stay in when away on business.

Room Tip: all rooms are nice, I have mainly stayed at the front of the building, however think there is a rail...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
AndrewDeighan, General Manager at Mercure Sheffield Parkway, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thanks for the great review. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay! Thanks for choosing to stay with us and I hope that we will see you again soon.
Falmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We had booked this hotel under the Chatsworth break not really knowing what to expect but what a fantastic experience. It was easy to find off Junction 33 of the M1 and there was a fuel station nearby if needed. The hotel was superb, the staff very friendly but efficient and the food was well cooked and plentiful. The 3 course meal was exceptional when it came and also provided was a complimentary bottle of wine of a good standard. The tickets for a visit to Chatsworth House came with instructions on how to get there and saved a lot of queuing time ! It is a little gem and we would not hesitate to stay again as it's location is perfect - maybe we'll try the one in Scotland sometime soon!

Room Tip: Access by the lift makes any room easy and the shower rooms are spacious and simple for those of us...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for the great review. I am very pleased that you enjoyed the package so much., we put a lot of effort into ensuring it remains outstanding value for money and it is very reassuring to see such great feedback!
Our sister hotel in Dumfries is excellent and I would thoroughly recommend you visit!
Thanks for choosing to stay with us and I hope we will see you again soon.
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

The hotel is quite adjacent to the M1 link road from Sheffield but there was no noise from the road. The receptionist was extremely helpful giving full details of how to find the room and other areas of the hotel. This was not really necessary as it all seemed quite straight forward but nevertheless it set the tone for a quality overnight stay. As other contributors have similarly identified the room was very clean and I was quite impressed by the spacious shower cubicle.
I slept well in a comfortable bed however I would have preferred a light blanket rather than the duvet which I find to be too warm. I only took the continental breakfast but I could see that the English option was well received by other guests.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Thank you very much for the great review. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. If you stay again please do not hesitate to ask for a lighter bed cover as we will be happy to oblige.
Thanks again for the review and thank you for choosing to stay with us. I hope that we will see you again soon.
Lincolnshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Booked this hotel as part of the Chatsworth House package and very glad we did it certainly lived up to the reviews on trip advisor. Staff were exceptional we arrived way before the official check in time but the friendly receptionist told that this was not a problem as the room had already been made up. This excellent start continued throughout the stay the staff were exceptional friendly, helpful and efficient and went the extra mile to make you feel welcome. Ben and Nicole in the restaurant are a credit to the hotel and could not do enough for you. The hotel itself was spotless and very modern. The room was clean spacious and very comfortable with large fluffy towels a good large shower and a very large comfortable bed. The food was plentiful and homely I had the largest steak and ale pie I have ever eaten full of good quality beef scrummy. Overall I could not fault the hotel even if it was a little remote but this was not a problem as it made our visit to Meadowhall and Chatsworth all that much easier to find. Overall a great find and will be back in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for such a brilliant review. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay, it was a pleasure yto have you stay with us and I am delighted that you enjoyed the food so much!
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I hope we will see you again soon.

Been to Mercure Sheffield Parkway? Share your experiences!