“Welcome Inn” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Rotherham
London, United Kingdom
“Welcome Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I stayed here with my partner and two kids Friday – Sunday while attending a function in Sheffield.

For the price I have zero complaints. The hotel has excellent free parking, very friendly and helpful staff, clean rooms, shower toilet, with coffee, tea & appliances such as TV hair dryer etc.

One gripe I have is that our bed wasn’t very comfortable, I cannot pinpoint why as the bed was large sturdy and completely undamaged, just a little hard. Secondly this hotel has no restaurant facility but don’t be put off, we quickly found fish n chip shops, a decent Chinese, a well priced Carvery, Co-op shop all within walking distance.

The free facilities on offer were a welcomed boost with two kids who enjoyed the discounted Ten pin bowling & free access to modern swimming pool featuring steam room and nice sauna plus I enjoyed the large and well equipped gym and again the staff where first class friendly and entirely helpful.

Unless you require breakfast comforts I recommend this place esp if you have kids and a few hours to spare to make use of the facilities.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Rotonda West, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here for one night only but a great room, clean and comfortable and friendly staff who were very welcoming.

Ideal stop over for the night and reasonably priced too.

Hotel does not have a bar or restaurant but breakfast can be obtained next door at The Oasis I believe.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Just stayed at this place for 2weeks beginning of October , everything you could want at a reasonable price , we were working in the Meadowhall Center which was 3mins away by car , not much in the way of food on offer but a very well known express store 2mins up the hill , very clean and comfortable beds wifi in all rooms , overall would gladly not hesitate to stay again and probably will . oh yes and the all important secure parking .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Blackpool, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I stayed at the Welcome Inn for 1 Night just last week.

I have read some of the reviews on this hotel and if I'm honest some of them are very uncomplimentary I was booked into this hotel by an employer so I had no choice in the initial instance. Before arriving and checking in I took a quick peek at trip adviser and feared the worse.

Well I thought its only 1 night for now see how it goes.

The room was good big comfy double bed, En-Suite shower & Toilet all was clean and tidy no problem Nice TV and Tea & Coffee as well.. Free WI-FI (However my HTC Phone and Compaq Laptop could not get a signal from my room) I could get one in reception so I would guess that the hotel needs to get the distribution of WI-FI sorted out.

I can agree with one criticism I read there is an Odour in the hallways I can’t put my finger on it like an old Lavender smell mixed with something, okay its not totally unpleasant but I don’t think it sets the right starting impression on your way to your room

If your working in Rotherham then its a short trip Overall it was okay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Grimsby, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I booked this hotel for two nights with Booking.com, for me and the wife, the 23rd and 24th Sepember 2012 and paid £70. Having inspected the room and because of the smell in that adjacent areas we decided not to stay in this hotel!. We spoke to the manager who was very unresponsive to our plight and refused us any refund, We then had to find alternative accommodation.
The reviews and photos shown for this hotel cannot be correct because the hotel is appauling and the surrounding area needs a lot to be desired.
The reviews from trip adviser are normally very good and i use it before any trip.
Trip advisor should remove this hotel from there website as the reviews are misleading.

Room Tip: Do not go to this hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Suffolk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

The room was basic but adequate - if sleep is all you intend to do then this is fine and great value. Small TV, coffee maker, hairdryer, twin beds. Good shower. There are a couple of vending machines in the lobby. If you arrive from central Sheffield and use a Satnav, it takes you through a maze of small residential streets which is somewhat disorienting on a late, dark night. There is a neighbouring bowling alley and a health club of some sort, but otherwise it is surrounded by houses and flats. Staff were friendly. The continental breakfast comprises a choice of cereal, carton of orange juice, pint of milk, yoghurt and a cold croissant. On my way out I noticed that they offer a full English, brought in from the nearby health club's cafe.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Morwenstow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We have stayed here numerous times when visiting Rotherham and it really is good value for money,centrally located and friendly staff. The one gripe I did have was that they had just introduced a cooked breakfast option which we ordered at 9.00am and took whilst 10.20am to turn up. Good idea but need to sharpen up on the service.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Welcome Inn? Share your experiences!