“good value ,excellent food” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 222 Restaurants in Rotherham
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Double Barrel is a specialist Steakhouse & Grill Restaurant, recently refurbished by our award winning management.We have created a cosy, relaxing atmosphere, luxury restaurant interior and experienced staff will provide a dining experience guaranteed to leave you smiling!Double Barrel offers tender hand-cut selections of prime beef sizzling steaks, chicken and fresh fish, delivered to your table on black rock for you to cook to your liking creating a whole new dining experience guaranteed to please; crisp salads, fresh seafood and mouth-watering desserts, there is always something to excite you.Look out for our specials board that is updated frequently, offering diners something a little more exclusive! Take the challenge "CAN YOU EAT A 72oz STEAKHOUSE DINNER" If so you can dine for FREE!Double Barrel's Restaurant is also fully licensed to serve alcohol, offering a fantastic choice of wines and spirits, cask ales, late bar Friday and Saturday.So why not take the time to book a table in our Rotherham Restaurant in Thurcroft and if your events is for a special occasion then we can arrange to trim your table with balloons free!
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“good value ,excellent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Just got back and really enjoyed our meal,we had the hot stone 12oz steak it was very tasty and we enjoyed cooking our own steak at the table it came with chips and salad and was well presented we did wait a bit but it was nice to sit and talk and not feel rushed, we had dessert and coffee and they were also good value. Don't let first impressions of the place put you off ,the staff were friendly and efficient and we will go back again.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sarah B, Director at Double Barrel Real Steakhouse & Grill, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
I'm am extremely pleased that you've enjoyed your whole experience with us and look forward to seeing you again in the near future :-)

Newcastle upon Tyne
“Don't judge a book by it's cover”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Booked online on Trip Advisor recommendation during a recent visit to Rotherham. Initial impressions from outside on arrival didn't look very promising as it's only recently opened and is obviously a work in progress.

On entering we were warmly greeted by Lauren who looked after us excellently all night, top class service. The dining room was a bit smoky initially as some customers were cooking their own steaks on a hot stone. This soon cleared. We as a party of 4 ordered nachos to share to start, very nice and tasted home made, then 4 x ribeye steaks cooked by the chef. All were cooked as they were ordered however as mine was quite a large cut of meat and was a tad pink for my liking i asked for it to be given a touch longer on the grill, came back done to perfection with no complaints.

Overall meal was really nice, steaks were excellent, onion rings, fries and jacket potatoes nice, mushrooms a bit bland but that was our only negative, certainly amongst the better steakhouses i've tried in the UK. One observation was some surrounding customers loudly complaining about having to pay £1.50 to have their smaller steaks cooked by the chef as opposed to cooking themselves on the hot stone, it may just be a matter of perception but it may sit easier with customers if they increased the price by £1.50 as standard and gave a £1.50 reduction if people wished to cook themselves. Same difference i know but people prefer paying less than more.

Well worth a visit, good selection of beers and ciders too, whatever you do don't let the exterior put you off.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sarah B, Director at Double Barrel Real Steakhouse & Grill, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you for your review. As you state don't judge a book by its cover!! I'm really glad you enjoyed your meals and we look forward to seeing you again in hour future. :-)
Rotherham, United Kingdom
“Let the Wedding Commence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

After reading the reviews on here (mostly all good thank god) I thought i would log on and add my own two pence to the pot. I have read a number of reviews that seem to be not only overly negative but also quite malicious and unwarranted!

Now take it from me this is going to be a truthful and unbiased review based on my own experiences and that of my whole family, and the reason for this will become clearer as you read on....

In december 2013 my partner and I decided to take the plunge and get married. We opted for the traditional church wedding as we both have extremely large families (well i would call them clans rather than families lol). However the real kicker for us was to find a venue afterwards that would accommodate our large numbers, would be able to cope with levels of service that we expect, and wouldn't charge us and absolute arm and a leg at such short notice!........(bloody hell not to much to ask is it, now you can see i am a very choosy and awkward bride!)

My mum suggested the Double Barrel at Thurcroft as it was local, had just been renovated and we had heard spectacular reviews. In addition to this it was also in a central location which was absolutely paramount to us as not only do we have large numbers for the sit down meal (nearly 100 guests) but it is also a military wedding so the overall numbers once we have included the evening guests will top just over 200 (who in addition are coming from all corners of the earth)

Our first visit was in December just before Christmas where we were greeted by the head chef Sally who sat down with me and went through in extremely minute detail just what i wanted for the day. This ranged from the sit down meal, the evening buffet (we are having two, one for adults and one for the children), dj, table decorations, layout, drinks to colour co-ordination, car parking, accommodation for our guests that had traveled from far and wide plus much much more (i wont bore you with the details of my wedding plans)

To say I left there happy would be quite the understatement. In fact i was so impressed with the service 12 of us went back there a few weeks later for my other half grandads birthday and to say the food and the service were just perfection would not be doing them any justice.

Believe me when you hear the term BRIDEZILLA, that is nothing compared to what I have been like planning this wedding. I have had strops and panic attacks up the ying yang and have quite often rang this establishment in a panic over details only to be met with the most courteous and kindest people on the other end of the phone who have managed to calm me down and run through things with me to make sure that everything is right in my mind and as I want it. (Sarah was lovely)

On one occasion (one of my many strops) Sally invited me down to go through things and to finalise a few details. Incidentally this also gave me the opportunity to go in a pay some money off towards the day. As we sat at the bar we were greeted by an extremely friendly and chatty bar stewardess who took the time to talk to me and giggle with me and she even told me that she was trying to wangle it so she could work the night of my wedding as she was so excited.

She promptly brought us our drinks and sat us comfortably at the end of the bar, whilst Sally the head chef (who was extremely busy) was able to tear herself away from the kitchen so we could go over my plans. Whilst i was waiting to my suprise the girl behind the bar brought out the biggest tub of harribo i had ever seen in my entire life and told me to get stuck in while i waited (as if im gonna say no) Bearing in mind these sweets were the staffs own private stash (hope they share them with craig lol)

We were not kept waiting long at all, when out came Sally with two pieces of the most delicious looking cakes ever. "Lets have a cake testing session" she said with the biggest smile ever. Both me and my mum were not expecting this kind of special treatment at all, which was a wonderful suprise. The cake was out of this bloody world and I had a hard time choosing which one i wanted for the desert. Sally quickly solved this and said "you know what Gem you can have both" YES!!!!!

By the time I had finished (about 5 pound heavier, hope the dress still fits lol) Not only was i full of cake, but also very content and happy. We discussed my centre pieces for the tables which are going to be amazing (minus the real birds, Sally will explain that one lol), and Sally also said she had a few things planned for me which I am not allowed to know about (eeeep exciting times)

I have also on numerous occasion spoken to a lady called Donna who has been polite, professional and more help than she will ever know.

Now as you can see from the above review, which is as honest as you are ever going to get, I have nothing but praise for this establishment, from its outstanding quality food, to its excellent quality staff. Nothing has ever been too much trouble for them, and they have bent over backwards to accommodate, my strops and my ever changing plans and ideas!

Take it from a very particular and stroppy bride (lol) that I am trusting the most important day of my life so far to this establishment and these people, and you know what......I WOULDN'T HAVE IT ANY OTHER WAY.

ROLL ON AUGUST AND ROLL ON THE GOOD TIMES!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sarah B, General Manager at Double Barrel Real Steakhouse & Grill, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you so much for your review. I'm so so glad that we can live up to you expectations so far... I think this will be the biggest and best wedding we will hold! We pride ourselves so so much on the level of service we give, the dedication that goes into the sourcing of our food and the cooking of it. We love to treat our customers as GUESTS firstly, but many of these lovely people have become friends (and part of the fixtures and fittings! Lol!)

We are so very pleased that you have enjoyed your meals here with us and that the planning of your special day is going swimmingly! Absolutely no detail is too small as it's your big day and we want everything to be as perfect as you do!

We have been shocked and saddened by the horrible reviews left on here and people trying to blackmail us .. But we are also heartened by the many well wishers we've had from up and down the country and your lovely mum who came in today to pay a bit more off the bill (so I had to give her some more cake to take home for her to try! )

Thank you again for taking the time to give us this review and we look forward to seeing you again soon x
Rotherham
“Lovely food and great service !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Went here Saturday night , 2 couples for our anniversary !!

Not much to look at from the outside but worth going in, warm welcome from behind the bar and food smelt really nice !!

We all ordered steaks in various forms and all was divine especially the home cooked thick chips !!

Staff behind the bar and service staff was all very good and nothing wAs a problem , regularly brought our drinks to the table and was full of smiles !!

Defiantly recommend and can't wait to go again !!

Love the Cassidy's

Thank you for reviewing us and I'm so glad that you enjoyed your meals. My staff pride themselves on being very friendly and guest focused. I'm pleased that you tried the steak in different ways. Whilst we have the best steak chefs in Yorkshire .. Dare I say in England too ... On the REAL Steak stones is a fantastic way to eat beef as well!

So we really look forward to serving you and your friend again in the near future :-)
“Good things come to those who wait ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Yes you do have to wait up to 45 mins for your food but it's worth it the steak is to die for the staff excellent yes it is expensive it's not wether spoons it's a steakhouse and worth every penny will deffinetly return here and recommend 5⭐️all the way ps if I you get a meal in 5 to 10 mins then it's microwaved or warmed up like the title says best things come to those who wait see you again

Sarah B, General Manager at Double Barrel Real Steakhouse & Grill, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Thank you for your review, I'm absolutely delighted that you thought everything was a five star rating. We work extremely hard as a team to make sure that we deliver the whole package, REAL QUALITY, REAL VALUE, REAL SERVICE .. REAL FOOD! We can not wait to serve you again in the near future! :)