“Lovely family venue” 5 of 5 stars

Description: The Staithes is a pub restaurant in Wath Upon Dearne
Description: The Staithes is a pub restaurant in Wath Upon Dearne
“Lovely family venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Iv visited this place many times and I always enjoy it. So much so that I will be holding my
Birthday celebrations there. The staff do everything they can for you and the food is excellent value. There's a brilliant out door children's play area and seating areas for in the summer. They have fantastic specials on certain nights. I would recommend this place

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

south yorkshire
“poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

stood at bar for ages and was never seen,im over 6ft and loads got served before me,cant be botherd with staff like this.food was well below parr for what we paid,wish i didnt bother as was a lovley place to eat a few years ago,,wont be back for sure

Visited October 2012
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food and brilliant for children”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I very much enjoyed my visit to the Staithes. The food took around 20mins to arrive but once it did it was clear that it had been prepared using fresh ingredients and defiantly had NEVER seen a microwave like some of the chain restaurants I have visited. My meal was tasty and the portion size was considerable. I certainly was not left hungry.
The staff were all very friendly and willing to help, the manager Richard was very helpful and friendly throughout our visit. The surroundings could be concidered as cosy with a log fire at the far side of the restaurant and a quiet stream of music playing in the background, it was a most enjoyable atmosphere. My children very much enjoyed their food and having a fussy daughter the chef was more than happy to tailor her meal to suit her and even popped out of the kitchen to check that is was ok whilst she was eating. I was very impressed by this and made for a happy child.
I would be happy to recommend the Staithes to anyone and know I will defiantly return as it has been a long time since I visited a restaurant so dedicated to ensuring every member of my family had an enjoyable visit.........not expensive either.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Not much to shout about here”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Not quite sure of the mth however I met my friend from work we planned to eat but it was so cold we had to leave .

They should have made some provision if the heating was broken thought it pretty uninviting dark and dismal. Sorry it did used to be nice but I havent wanted to re visit .

Visited July 2012
Rotherham, United Kingdom
“YUK”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Yuk, Yuk, Yuk!!! Food, service, atmosphere, cleanliness all sadly a let down. NEVER AGAIN