“Brilliant, the manor barn has soul again!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 204 restaurants in Rotherham
Cuisines: English, International
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: The Manor Barn, is steeped in history, which adds to it's character and charm. Manor Barn really does have the wow factor, following a major refurbishment programme throughout, it has been completely transformed. You can dine in the attractive relaxing bar area or enjoy a more formal dining experience in the stunning conservatory. The upstairs function suite adorned with beautiful chandeliers provides the perfect setting for larger private parties and special entertainment evenings.
“Brilliant, the manor barn has soul again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Over the last 5 years the manor barn has been a bit of a disappointment and at 1 point looked to have gone past the point of no return. After a brilliant makeover and (I presume) new management and direction this place is back to its best. Atmosphere is great, food is well presented and fantastic quality and the pub in general is well stocked with drinks and good entertainment.

78% Recommend
“Staff ill manered & undertrained, food greasy and not as described”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

We visited the manor barn yesterday and was really disappointed with the whole visit from the staff to the food to the service. We sat down in the dining room which was absolutely freezing (i was actually shaking it was that bad) and looked at the menu I fancied the mixed grill and on the menu it just read a selection of meat so I asked one waitress what meat it included which she replied "I don't know" she fetched someone else who said " it has the usual steak, chicken, sausage, liver, gammon and all the trimmings" I agreed to order this and my sister and partner ordered the mixed grill platter for 2 which was described as double what you get on a mixed grill and more. My partner ordered meat and potato pie. When the food arrived my mixed grill only was missing the steak, the double mixed grill had one sausage to share between 2 people and the meat and potatoe pie was Infact a steak pie and no potatoe at all. I told the waitress about my missing steak which she said the chef had overheard us talking so had gone to cook one. The plates which the grills were on, were just swimming in grease and oil. I picked my mushroom up and poured out a load of oil, I was just finishing my last mouthful as the chef brought the steak out. We looked back at the menu to see that we both was missing fried eggs as described too. There were no napkins on the table so we had to ask the waitress and she was sighing and then came to clear the table saying "pass me that" pointing at our plates she was so ill mannered. We then looked up to see a big black fury dog walking out of the kitchen door and some one shout either olly or Oscar calling it back in. After this we paid our bill and left and we can safely say we shall never return and waste our money here again.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Sutton in Ashfield, United Kingdom
“Really good food but slow service!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

If I could give this place a 3.5 stars , I would as it deserves more than a 3. This pub is charming and full of character , and it was very nicely decorated inside: part pub - part restaurant.

Me and my partner arrived for dinner on a Friday evening , without booking. Place was very busy and it only got busier and busier the later it got. They have about 5-6 tables in the restaurant ( beautifully decorated but not much separation from the pub area ). The menu's are the same , even if you choose to dine in the pub or in the restaurant.

The staff at the bar seemed a bit under pressure to serve everyone , and not particularly friendly. They certainly are understaffed there.

Waitress was extremely friendly and polite and took good care of us. Starters took a while to arrive but when they did , they were tasty and very much enjoyed. Mains we're just as good and nice value for money.

This is a great pub to eat in , maybe at lunch or during the week , when it doesnt get so busy. The food makes it worth it! But at week-ends, with the 80's disco starting just as we finished our mains , it really wasnt our thing. The bill was requested a couple of times and we just ended up going up at the bar to pay , as nobody came for over 20 mins of waiting.

I would go again , but definitely not on a week-end!

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
guia
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Having eating from both the table d'hote and bar menu i simply had to review. Was thoroughly imperssed with both the quality and size of our meals. Everyones food arrived on time, together and piping hot. Loved the extra veg and the desserts are a must!! Will definitely be back sooner rather than later. (Pub lush as well!)

• Visited September 2012
Sheffield
“First visit and will be back and I am hard to please.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Just been for the 1st time friday tea time. Was a bit worries as there wern't many in but we were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food. Wife had a hunters chicken chips and veg and I had a pie with mushy peas carrots and jacket potato. Also a side order of garlic bread. All well prepared, fresh and tasty. I am the world's worst at complaining if food is poor but this was excellent. Will be going back. Prices very good as well for bar meals. A very comfy smart pub with a function room upstairs.

• Visited August 2012