“Great value new years eve” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Rotherham-Sheffield M1, Jct. 33

You added Holiday Inn Rotherham-Sheffield M1, Jct. 33 to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Rotherham-Sheffield M1, Jct. 33
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   West Bawtry Road, Rotherham S60 4NA, England (Formerly Courtyard by Marriott Rotherham)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Rotherham
sheffield
“Great value new years eve”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed in this holiday inn on new years eve, had a great package for 3course meal, disco bed and breakfast with use of the pool and gym.
Food was nice, served hot and of good portion size. The staff were friendly, and couldn't do enough for us.
Pool was nice and clean. Rooms great too, massive bed!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
MGRROTH, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rotherham-Sheffield M1, Jct. 33, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your New Year celebrations. We Hold 3 different events on New Years Eve and it seems everyone had a fabulous night, so thanks for taking the time to write a great review for us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
london
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We booked this hotel as it was near the meadowhall shopping centre and we wanted to go to the xmas sales as well as some business to attend to. Was a nightmare to get to as the postcode on the website doesnt take you to the hotel so its best to ring the hotel in advance and get it correct. On arrival and throughout our stay the hotel staff were very welcoming and friendly. The bedroom was cold and we complained about the heating and we was told that they will be renovating in March but unfortunately it was a cold night! Breakfast was nice and lots of choice. Overall a dissappointing stay. Shame though as the staff were very accommodating and tried their best.

Room Tip: make sure your heating is working
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us when you visited the sales at Meadowhall. I was pleased to read that you were impressed by the staff and our Breakfast. Please accept my apologies that your room was cold, who ever you mentioned it to should have got you extra heating which is normally readily available. I hope it doesn't put you off staying with us in the future and if you do, the postcode to use in a sat nav is S60 2XL, this is not our actual postcode but gets you this side of the roundabout. Some sat navs take guests to the other side of the roundabout as the actual postcode serves both sides.
Rotherham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Well where can I start, my wife and I stayed here 20 years ago on our wedding night and it seems nothing has been repaired since then. I booked us a night in a suite so we could go for a nice meal and have some time away from the kids. On arrival we picked our key up and headed up to the 3rd floor in a lift that rattled and wobbled so much my wife refused to use it again. We got to our room (314) and opened the door to what turned to to be an exeutive room and not the suite that I'd booked. As we walked in we could hear dripping so I went into the bathroom to find the shower head turned off but still running with water. I had a look round and found horrible stains on both the bed throw and chairs at the table. We considered walking out and getting our money back things were that bad but decided to go for a swim in the pool and this is the only reason we stayed as it was clean, warm plus well layed out. Still feeling a little low I had a bath but only stayed in long enough to wash due to the constant torment of the water dripping from the shower head. After heading down to the bar for a couple of drinks we went to a table for a meal only to be told they had no fish or salmon so the menu was really cut back. I decided I'd have a burger and so did my wife (not the romantic meal we really fancied). I picked a bottle of sparkling white wine to go with the meal, 10 minutes later the waiter came back to tell us they had non of that either but had rose. The food was brought out and I wish we had driven into town to Wetherspoons as around £17 for what we had was daylight robbery it was basically pub grub. The waitress came with our wine only to tell us she didn't know how to open the bottle so I had to do it myself. I know I seem to be moaning quite a bit but the standards were shocking, I went to the bar to sign for our meal and the only ray of sunshine in the whole restaurant was a barman called Bob. We watched a bit of telly and then got our heads down for a night of peaceful sleep only to be woken every 10 minutes by a lorry tearing down the dual carridgeway (I'm not sure the double glazing was working). After a very long night of tossing and turning we decided to have a cup of tea around 7.30 but the room had no milk so I had to get dressed and wander down to reception to pick some up, the girl behind the counter didnt even bother apologising. After that we packed and got out as fast as possible.We did not stop for breakfast, firstly it would cost twenty six pounds and secondly based on last nights offerings we decided against it. Not a very stress free night away at all.

Room Tip: A room in a different hotel would be best.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and writing a review. Please accept my sincere apologies that you did not enjoy many aspects of your stay and encountered problems. I can assure you this is not our usual standard and I am very sorry that this was your experience. I have passed on your feedback to all relevant personnel and assure you we will act upon it.
Rotherham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I organised the works Christmas party which we attended on Monday 17th December. The organising of the event was very smooth, it was very easy to make alterations/add numbers etc. On arrival we received a glass of fizz and were shown to our tables. All the staff were very professional and polite. The food was of a good standard and served very nicely. The tables were decorated well with crackers, balloons etc. The atmosphere was very friendly and very festive. We felt looked after and taken care of, the drinks were plenitful and the dancing was extreme!! All in all a very good venue, great staff and a great time was had by all. Thank you.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
MGRROTH, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rotherham-Sheffield M1, Jct. 33, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for choosing us for your Christmas Party and for taking the time to write a lovely review. I'm glad you had a great time and enjoyed the friendly and festive atmosphere. We hope to welcome you back again next year, if not before, at one of our Monthly All Inclusive Party Events.
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

We went there for a Groupon Christmas Dinner and we loved it, it was a nice environment in a packed restaurant. The staff were very attentive and helpful. We decided to make the occasion last a bit longer and booked a room for the night too.

The room was very clean and spacious as Holiday Inns usually are, we used the pool which was nice and quiet and bright. The breakfast was of a good standard, nice and hot and a good choice.

Fairly local for a trip to Meadowhall, the local shopping centre.

No complaints, we enjoyed the time we had there. Thank you.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your great review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your Festive Lunch and your overnight stay. We do a fantastic Carvery Sunday Lunch for only £5.95, so although we hope to see you back next Christmas we'd be delighted to welcome you back sooner.
Rotherham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Booked a christmas partynight for 19 on arrival warm reception from all staff. Christmas meal was niclely presented and hot and served efficently we all found all members of staff extremley polite and helpful. Very good atmosphere throughout the evening no member of our party had any negative reviews of the evening as we all had a good time.
For those of our party that took advantage of the overnight stay again rooms clean and well presented good choice of buffet style breakfast. A very good evening and would not hesitate to reccommend the christmas party night and we will be returning again next year.
Northern General Hospital Staff

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thanks for your fantastic review. We've had a brilliant festive period and i'm very pleased to hear that you and your colleagues all enjoyed your Christmas Party. If you have anything to celebrate or just fancy another night out, we are running some all inclusive parties throughout this year, so we hope to see you all again soon.
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I hardly know where to start! Room was not clean unmentionable in the sink and tub too! Organized a two day event and everything was incorrect and I mean everything! Ran out of mains on first day, room set up incorrectly and everyone passed the buck when mistakes brought to the attention to those in charge? The worst of it was when discussed with the manager she argued with me to the point where she made me feel worse for haveing talked to her. Now I'm sorry she finally returned my call after leaving 4 messages. while I was at the property she saw me upset but chose not to address me - I know this because she told me when speaking with her. Clearly she needs more training in customer service! This is one holiday inn to miss and if you have an event that people pay to come to definitely give it a pass - the only redeeming quality was Mike the attendant on the day he ran around to help me get everything straight!! If it wasn't for him my event would have been a flop!!! I've been doing this a long time and this is by far the worst place I've ever had a meeting at!

Room Tip: Give it a miss!! Not worth the aggravation!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
MGRROTH, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rotherham-Sheffield M1, Jct. 33, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for your review. I am disappointed to hear the comments you have made regarding your whole event. As far as I understood it, you were looked after very well throughout the 2 day event by the whole team and had two issues.

The first issue was that, although the room was set classroom style as requested, this was not set the way you felt you had explained it to us. We altered the room a number of times for you, before your delegates arrived, to ensure you had the perfect set up by the time it was required.

Secondly, although there was plenty of food still available on the first day, we had run out of the fish option. We always provide a meat, fish and vegetarian option with our lunches, as well as salads and other accompaniments such as vegetables and potatoes. The fish option proved more popular than ever before, as all your delegates decided to go for the fish option only, which is most unusual and we discussed why this occurred and how this was influenced by yourself on the day.

I'm sorry that you were not happy with my own customer service, this was not my intention. I did allow one of our managers to assist with your problem, which I overheard from inside my office, from this it sounded like there was no food left and I went straight to the restaurant from my office to deal with the issue directly so as to ensure this could be sorted immediately. I did find there was almost a fully stocked buffet with the exception of fish and everyone eating and I sampled some of the food to check the quality and as such felt no further action needed to be taken.

I was only aware of calling you straight back from the first message I received, so please accept my apologies if this is not the case and you had left previous messages.

Thank you for your kind feedback regarding Mike, our Conference and Events Assistant, who looked after you throughout your event, I will pass you feedback onto him.

We pride ourselves on the usually exceptionally high standards of quality and service that we provide to our conference and events clients, so please accept my sincere apologies that you were not 100% satisfied with all aspects of your event.

Been to Holiday Inn Rotherham-Sheffield M1, Jct. 33? Share your experiences!