“By far the best curry restaurant I have ever been too!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: postcode S63 7LW
sheffield
“By far the best curry restaurant I have ever been too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

Were do I start...we travelled from Sheffield for our work xmas night out to Cafe Naaz after a few drinks in the local pub nearby, the restaurant is very modern and cosy with a welcoming friendly atmosphere, the staff were so attentive and we straight away felt at home... After looking at the menu and struggling to decide (as I wanted to try something different rather than a Madras which I always have) It was reccomended that as I like spicy to try their Murg Kali Mirch, which I did.. We had poppodoms and pickle tray starter which was delicious and so morish, followed by the best onion bhajis I have ever tasted, crisp, spicy and delish! :) we then had our main course with a bottle of white wine which went perfecly with the main course, the Murg Kali Mirch was absolutely delicious, the best curry I have ever tasted, full of spices and flavours the chicken was succulent cooked with onions and the sauce devine, the pilau rice was also so tastly, I can certainly see why the chef won chef of the year 2013.. All I can say is I have now been spoiled as I can't see any other restaurant beating Cafe Naaz so can see a lot of traveling in the future to enjoy my favourire curry of all time :) highly reccomend, once u visit this restaurant you won't want to dine anywere else for a curry! :)))

• Visited December 2013

Herault, France
“Our first time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Our frequent Asian restaurant visits finds us at Cafe Naaz, following a personal recommendation by a friend. A quick check on trip advisor and I decide to try the eatery.

The well decorated interior buzzed with customers on our Thursday evening visit. We hadn't booked a table but our hosts quickly attended to our requirements.

The menu has many dishes you don't usually see and a change from the standard selection was refreshing.

Our starters arrived promptly, was well presented and tasted fantastic.

The main course contained a selection of some of the best dishes we've ever had. The meat was tender and spices balanced resulting in a taste sensation second to none.

Two identical mains were ordered, except for the meat; chicken and lamb respectively. Both these dishes tasted slightly different which I can only assume the chef didn't use his standard sauce. In these days of mass production what a mouth-watering change.

We will visit again!

• Visited December 2013
Rotherham, United Kingdom
“Keeps getting better.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Been here a few times now, really good restaurant for both eat in and take away. The dishes from the hot and spicy section of the menu are the best, have tried the lot now and they're spot on. As someone who cooks a lot of curries at home, I'm pretty fussy but this is one place where you get good quality, not the mono-flavored luminous oily stuff you get in some indian restaurants. Highly recommend.

• Visited November 2013
Bloxham
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Lovely smart restaurant, friendly staff and possible the best curry I have eaten. Too often, Indian restaurants recycle the same sauce with each dish but the chefs here really know what they are doing. Highly recommended

• Visited November 2013
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Very 'Naaz' Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

What can I say? Fantastic meal in fantastic surroundings!

Polite staff, trendy clean, comfortable décor. Food well-presented and tasty. Restaurant was almost full mid-week when we visited. Toilets spotless and modern and individual. They also provide a take-away service.

This was out first visit and won't be our last.

Saw in a newspaper last week that the chef won an award in London! Speaks for itself.

• Visited October 2013