“Great Staff, Great Food. Amazing atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Great Staff, Great Food. Amazing atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Hi,
Dinner two weeks ago was excellent. Fast polite service, Real quality on the plate. Not the cheapest but you only get what you pay for. Can't shout loud enough about how much we enjoyed it. We were planing to go into town after out meal but they had a and on downstairs who really brought the bar to life. History something I think they were called. Really was a top night. Good service, Good food, Good Fun. Will be back again soon. Only complaint was no heating outside so as a smoker I was freezing. Not really all their fault as not sure we should need outdoor heating in May.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

70% Recommend
Rotherham, United Kingdom
“Ok wine bar”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

A slightly overpriced evening out - food average - nothing to write home about - not enough food consistency - half tables food ok other half not doesn't give you much faith

Visited February 2013
Rotherham
“Good food and very friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

We nipped in to Vasco's last week for a bite to eat. Our first impressions were good as it’s a very attractive restaurant. Unfortunately, it was a bit on the chilly side. I think the unseasonably cold weather may have caught them out. The proprietor gave us a very friendly welcome and chatted to us on several occasion during our visit. He was a pleasure to be around and had a personality as big as a double decker bus. As for the food, well, my girlfriend and I both really enjoyed our soup, and I thoroughly enjoyed my lamb which was tender and fat free. However, my girlfriend’s fish and chips weren’t quite as nice. The batter was a little soggy and the fish a little tasteless. Don’t misunderstand me, it wasn’t bad enough to complain about and to be honest, these things are often down to personal preference, but my girlfriend didn’t enjoy it very much. On the strength of the starters and my lamb, I wouldn’t hesitate to go to Vasco’s again and I would recommend the place. It’s a cut above the normal restaurants you get in the area and it can certainly be forgiven for a bit of soggy batter.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rotherham, United Kingdom
“place nice service crap”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

it was the first time in vasco (AND LAST) as trying to get served is a joke unless you are a young 20 year old girl with big **** we ended up going to the masons which is next door a lot cheaper and they know how to treat there customers and not just the bimbos

Visited April 2013
“Full of flavour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Went on a Thursday night and restaurant and bar very quiet which didn't help the atmosphere but apparently it can get very busy at weekends.
The food was excellent and very flavoursome. In addition to the main menu item, I had duck and my partner had roast cod, the accompaniments were delicious. Not just the standard boiled veg. I had a fondant potato and roast veg with two really delicious dumpling.
The sauces served with both meals were light and very tasty. If I had to lay any criticism, the duck breast was slightly tough but still full of flavour.
All in all an excellent experience and well worth the trip from Chesterfield.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere