“Liars!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #60 of 222 Restaurants in Rotherham
Yorkshire
“Liars!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2008

I went into this Cafe for a drink only. As it was a warm day I ordered a Diet Pepsi as described on the menu. It was £1.30 for a glass, when I ordered it the waitress, who was also very abrupt and rude, asked if I wanted a large or a small, I was confused as only one price was stipulated on the menu. I pointed to the menu and said the one for £1.30. when my glass arrived it was approx 200ml which shocked me because I thought I am sat here outside on the pavement of some scabby cafe in the middle of Rotherham and they have the cheek to charge £1.30 for a glass of Pepsi that is this small. Anyway I tasted it and realised that it was not really Pepsi but some cheap imitation cola. I sent it back with the waitress and then realised that she may be just going to bring me another and not refund me my money. I went inside and noticed that there were four staff stood around a bar. One woman in particular who seemed in charge. I noticed that she had already poured me another drink. I informed her that I did not want another drink but wanted a refund. She snarled at me and said I couldn’t have a refund as she had already poured me another drink. I said I didn’t ask for another drink and wanted a refund. She then said that I could not have a refund as I had already had some of the original glass. I was astonished at this as I had obviously tasted it, what did she think I ordered it for to look at????? I was getting very cross at this point, she had taken my money under false pretences by advertising PEPSI and selling imitation rubbish. I also felt ganged up on as she had three accomplices. I informed her that it was disgusting and not real Pepsi, she said it was, I said it wasn’t etc. She said it was real Pepsi because it came out of a Pepsi pump. (Oh well that’s ok then, if it comes out of Pepsi pump it must be real Pepsi!!!!!!!!!)
Then one of the other girls said to the woman behind the counter “Oh, but your coke is very sweet!”. A strange comment to make if you asked me, surely Pepsi is Pepsi is Pepsi and should taste the same no matter where is comes from??? Again we had a I want a refund you cant have a refund and then I picked the glass up and poured it all out of the glass onto a tray that was lying on top of the bar. Very restrained if you ask me, I was seething, she was very lucky I didn’t pour it all over her or throw the glass to the other side of the room. She is a very cocky, arrogant (not very nice word). I shall never ever go there again and I sincerely advise you not to either. Also the thing that makes me laugh the most is that it is called Churchill’s Bistro, oh purrlease, Bistro, you need to get real you are some scabby café in Rotherham of all places I don’t know how you have the cheek, maybe you should get done for that under the trades descriptions act as well. LOVELY PLACE, NEVER EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!