“return visit” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
nottingham
“return visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Back in Skeggy again met my daughter of the coach from Plymouth at 7pm after 12hr journey
she was ready for goo d meal. I had popped in on way to book table & realised the RESTURANT
was under new managment. When we arrived was made very welcome ordered drinks the menu was slightly diferent but excelent choice I didn't have steak this time but tryed the chilly it was great my daughter had the fish and proper chips & peas she really enjoyed it. The service was excelent as was the food. The New managment were as good if not better than the old & I would still highly recomend it. I will certainly be going again when down that way in September.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Henlow, United Kingdom
“Fantastic steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Brilliant service and fantastic steak. Husband completed the 32oz steak challenge and was one of the best steaks he's ever had.

Visited May 2013
“Brilliant evening filled with laughter”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

We took our young family to eat there on Saturday evening. We were seated straight away by the very friendly staff and they brought our youngest a high chair.

We ordered lasagne for the kids which was lovely and their plates were clean. My husband ordered a burger which was OK. My steak wasn't quite right though. Can't really put my finger on it. It didn't seem to be cooked properly. The home made chips and peas were delicious though!

Wine was nice too.

Waiting staff were worth the visit alone!

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Huge steaks, great service, nice wine, excellent deserts, lovely atmosphere. Thouroughly enjoyed our visit.

nottingham
“Proper Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I went in on Wed evening, made welcome, extensive Menu not limited to Steak.Coulden't make up mind but in the end settled for Sirloin Steak. When it arrived it was massive (Steaks not by weight just cut by excelent Butcher) the chips were home made
(great) Mushrooms ect Good. Had pint Bitter & G&T & got change from £20. Will definatly be returning.

Visited April 2013
Daniel P, Owner at JJ's Steak House, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for your review this makes every effort and hard work worth it , The restaurant is seprate from the hotel and bar as its under diffrent ownership we are glad you enjoed your vist to the restaurant and we hope see you again soon thank you.