“Great night!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 93 Restaurants in Stamford
Cuisines: English
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: No.3 The Yard is tucked away behind buildings on Ironmonger Street, Stamford. We have a great conservatory with French doors opening onto our secluded courtyard. This pretty walled garden provides a fantastic alfresco space for a light lunch or a lazy supper. We also have a bar area and three further dining rooms on the first floor. No.3 The Yard is one of only two establishments in Lincolnshire to hold the Michelin Bib Gourmand. Freshly prepared, locally sourced ingredients served at excellent value for money, the Bib demonstrates that quality does not have to be expensive.
“Great night!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Went Jim's yard for the first time last night, was a lovely night out, food was great, staff were friendly and helpful, I had the sea bream, and it was amazing the special my girlfriend had looked just as good. Definitely recommend it, will be back soon. Thank you for a lovely night.

Stamford, United Kingdom
“Group booking at Jim's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Staff coped well with a large booking. Beef very good, but for some sausage cassoulet a little disappointing. Beer prices a little high, but overall very good.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bourne
“Very Disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

This was my second experience at Jim's Yard and it will be my last. Two meals in about two years and both were very disappointing. The first time I ate here was at a works Christmas party and the food was bland, cold and uninteresting but that did NOT put me off as often set menus with multiple dinners can be difficult to cater for.

So this time I booked a table for two to celebrate my wifes birthday, and having heard and read good reviews we were both looking forward to our visit to Jim's Yard. I can not fault the location and style of the restaurant but I did feel a little cramped for space when we sat at our table and could clearly hear other peoples conversations which was bit impersonal also lacked atmosphere.

THE STAFF..... knowledge of the menu was poor and their level of customer service was appalling. Did not smile much. When one was asked what cheese was on the the cheese board, the reply was '3 french 3 English'. This was clearly stated on the menu!!! She had no idea about cheese. When asked which French/English she just shrugged.

THE FOOD........... at least it was hot this time!! The menu choice was fancy/over complicated and lacking choice. I found the dishes were not presented nicely and lacked taste. The chef sent a waiter to appologise for the delay with our main course, we had not even noticed the delay, because he said he was not happy with the way he had cooked it. When it arrived we should have sent it back, it was under cooked and not very nice, usually venison has a wonderful taste but this had none at all. The dish did not come with vegetables so we asked for some roast potatoes, 4 roasted new potatoes were served in a dish and they looked like thay had been shown the pan, we were charged £2.50 each! The price per main meal was £22....... a rip off.
I think it is a bad experience when you leave a restaurant feeling like you have not eaten.

THE DRINK...... I asked for a pint of beer ( Honey dew ale), should have known better due to living near Stamford, I was given a bottle which was expensive and I know was purchased from the Local Morrisons (probably in their 4 for 3 offer) I didn't expect this from a quality restaurant. My wife was happy with her wine.

THE BILL........... I was shocked at the price. Very expensive and no way near value for money. We only had a two course meal and a drink each. I have eaten in so called lesser establishments in Stamford and recieved far better service and food than at Jim's Yard. I am afraid this restaurant has fallen into the trap that many others in Stamford have before, over priced presumptuous rubbish.

It is the first time I have felt the need to write a review and potential dinners to Jim's Yard need to aware that if you are prepared to pay for poor expensive food to be served badly then this is the place for you.

I would not recommend Jim's Yard to anyone.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Stamford, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I finally had the opportunity to visit Jim's Yard for lunch. I had the fish and chips special - £9 for the meal plus a glass of wine. The fish was some of the best I have ever had - cooked to perfection (so it was nice and moist) with delicious chips. Sharon made us just as welcome as if we had been ordering a 3 course meal, which made it all the nicer.

Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
“Excellent lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

A friend recommended Jim's and we were not disappointed. We enjoyed a well cooked light lunch and would be happy to vist again when we next vist Stamford. Good service and we were not made to feel uncomfortable for ordering starters only. Worth a visit.