“Couldn't fault it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rowan House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stamford
Rowan House
You added Rowan House to your Saves list
Station Road | Barnack, Stamford PE9 3DW, England   |
Ranked #1 of 18 Stamford B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Yorkshire, UK
“Couldn't fault it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Excellent accommodation, most welcoming hosts and we enjoyed everything about our stay. Enjoyed our suite of rooms, a comfortable sitting room was much appreciated as somewhere to sit rather than on the bed and Jilly and Michael couldn't do enough for us.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Maldon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Jilly and Michael are excellent hosts. Although only a flying visit, we were made to feel very welcome. The accommodation offered included our own sitting room, a private dining/kitchen area and bathroom. Jilly very kindly made a reservation for us at the local pub which was much appreciated. Will definitely use again if we're in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Melton Mowbray, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I have recently stayed over a long period of time at Rowan House. The owners are welcoming and friendly and the standard of the B&B is outstanding. The rooms are a perfect size and always spotless. I strongly recommend Jilly and Michael to anyone who needs to stay in the area! The best B&B I have ever stayed in!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Woodbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights at the Rowan House B+B in the village of Barnack near Stamford. Jilly and Michael are great hosts, the room was large and warm and I could not fault my stay with them. The bed was huge and comfortable, I had fresh milk and chocolate in the room, and plenty of liquid soap and shampoo in the shower. The breakfast was excellent, and as the weather was so bad, they even cooked a meal for me and I ate with them in the evening. One of the best B+B's I've ever stayed at.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Diss, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Recently I visited Rowan House for the second time, with my daughter, my sister and my best friend. I was booked to give a lecture on my new book at John Clare's Cottage in the next village. Jilly and Michael greeted me and my family with all the warmth that I remember from my first visit and they were kind enough to come along to the lecture and support me. We had our own little 'wing' of the house with a beautiful bathroom, kitchen and sitting room where a decanter of sherry was placed at our disposal. I could quite happily live here all the year round!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Oswestry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Together with a group of friends, I had the great pleasure of spending a night at Rowan House. From the moment we stepped through the door to the moment of taking our leave, we were treated like royalty! From the welcome glass of sherry - followed by smoked salmon and cream cheese nibbles to sustain us - to the delicious freshly cooked breakfast, every aspect of our visit was taken care of down to the finest detail. And Jilly was even kind enough to post back to me a pair of earrings I'd carelessly left behind.
I'd wholeheartedly recommend Rowan House with Jilly and Michael as caring hosts to any traveller passing through or indeed, with time on their hands to explore the area at leisure.

Room Tip: The layout of this high class B and B - with 2 double rooms which share a bathroom, kitchenette and...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We only stayed 1 night at Rowan House but were greeted like old friends! Jilly and Michael could not have done more to make us feel welcome and comfortable, including a chat and glass of wine in the evening! The B&B wing of the house has its own kitchenetteand living room which we were lucky to have sole use of and would be particularly useful for a longer stay. The village was peaceful and quiet but convenient for Stamford which we enjoyed exploring. Breakfast was delicious - we both chose smaked salmon and scrambled egg after a bowl of fruit Jilly had prepared. I would have no hesitation in recommending Rowan House and am looking forward to another visit!

Room Tip: the double and twin facing the back were quiet with beautiful views
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Rowan House? Share your experiences!