To celebrate my husband's birthday I took advantage of the £129 dinner, bed and breakfast offer. We stayed at New Hall on our wedding night, August 2006 but this was only a fleeting visit and had to leave early in the morning. The hotel is the oldest inhabited moated manor house in the UK. On arrival one feels very privileged.
On booking, I spoke to a member of the reservation team who was most helpful and gave me a choice of rooms. I chose the Candida room in the old part of the hotel. A huge room with exposed beams, 40" plasma tv, antique desk, sofa and a comfortable bed. Mineral water is provided plus tea/coffee/hot chocolate. Bathrobes and slippers were in our room. As our room was an executive room, a turndown service was included. A separate cupboard housed a safe, an iron, ironing board, hairdryer and a place to hang up clothes and store luggage. The bathroom was the largest I've ever seen in my life! Lovely hot shower and bath. plenty of towels and complimentary toiletries. A trouser press was also available.
Our dinner was in the Terrace room and included a glass of champagne each and a small selection of canapes to start. The menu consisted of three courses, all of which were of a very high quality. The wine is expensive by the glass or bottle but there is good selection. Breakfast was again in the Terrace Room, and we chose a full English. Items include bacon, sausage, haggis etc or one could choose a champagne breakfast.
A lounge area offers a great place to relax with a pot of tea and a complimentary newspaper in front of an open fire. (It snowed during our stay so it was a welcome addition). Other facilities included a nine hole golf course - we couldn't see it due to snow - a spa/pool/small gym/jacuzzi/steam room. There were no Weddings whilst we were there but New Hall would be a fabulous venue. An outdoor pavilion has just been built in the grounds for such events. On the whole a great experience and a very pleasant surprise due to its close proximity to Birmingham. Just be aware your bar bill might be on the steep side!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lying within 26 acres of mature, elegant grounds this hotel is widely reputed to be the oldest inhabited, moated manor house in England. Sympathetic renovation has provided up-to-the-minute facilities whilst retaining most of its medieval charm and character. Public areas with their fine panelling and mullioned stained-glass windows create a unique historical ambiance; the magnificent Great Chamber is particularly impressive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your New Hall Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Hall Hotel And Spa
- Hotel New Hall
- New Hall Hotel Sutton Coldfield
- New Hall Sutton Coldfield