You wouldn't expect this hotel to be in such a modern area but obviously the area was built all around it. Staff great, rooms nice. Issues: Driveway is in very poor shape and your car can easily ground on the potholes and speed bumps. The drinks prices are very steep (£8 for a 175ml glass of house wine). Parking can be an issue. Try to avoid weekends as there will be a wedding going on. The public areas are very small and you will 'enjoy' the wedding whether you want to or not. Being surrounded by loud drunk people may not be your idea of a romantic weekend. This hotel is very close to the NEC, we used it as a base to visit the Motorcycle show. Breakfast is cooked to order but we got a lady who couldn't speak or understand English very well and my smoked salmon and scrambled eggs (a standard menu item) arrived with the salmon missing. It too ages for it to arrive as a side item which spoiled the meal as the eggs were now cold.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lying within 26 acres of mature, elegant grounds this 60 bedroom historic country house hotel is widely reputed to be the oldest inhabited, moated manor house in England. Sympathetic renovation has provided up-to-the-minute facilities whilst retaining most of its medieval charm and character. Public areas with their fine panelling and mullioned stained-glass windows create a unique historical ambiance; the magnificent Great Chamber is particularly impressive indeed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your New Hall Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Hall Hotel And Spa
- Hotel New Hall
- New Hall Hotel Sutton Coldfield
- New Hall Sutton Coldfield